Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 10:44 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,749 times

Advertisements

China + India + Africa = 30,000 Covid-19 deaths with 3.7 billion population.

New York State = 31,000 Covid-19 deaths with 19.5 million population.

New York City = 22,000 Covid-19 deaths with 8.4 million population.

Fishy numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 10:47 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
In a couple years there will be a small story on page 20 of the new York times on how the NY numbers have been adjusted and are now much lower than thought.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:10 AM

855 posts, read 451,693 times
China lied.

Obviously.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:19 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Eh, no one trusts China’s numbers, India aggressively locked down the country, and Africa is multiple countries unlike India and China and many of its countries along with India probably don’t have the best tracking since they traditionally haven’t had great tracking for far more common diseases, so why expect them to have great tracking for a novel one?

Now, we do have places that do have decent tracking with fairly transparent governments that do have a high number of deaths. Italy and Spain are notable ones that tallied fairly high fatalities. Do you think they were working for Cuomo?

Old 06-27-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
In a couple years there will be a small story on page 20 of the new York times on how the NY numbers have been adjusted and are now much lower than thought.
In a couple of years, we’ll have studies about how idiots who didn’t know anything went into this telling others that it’s no worse than a flu or is just the regular ol’ flu. Hopefully you can wrangle an interview for yourself and get a brief flash of publicity.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:25 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
In a couple of years, we’ll have studies about how idiots who didn’t know anything went into this telling others that it’s no worse than a flu or is just the regular ol’ flu. Hopefully you can wrangle an interview for yourself.
Are you aware that hospitals were/are incentivised to declare cause of death as "Covid" because they get more federal money? If someone dies from Covid on a ventilator it's even more money.

There are many doctors around the US coming our saying that something isn't right and they are being forced to sign death certificate a certain way to show Covid was the cause of death when they don't agree. Hospital administration is forcing them.

These are real stories and not fantasy. Easily verifiable (if you want) but you probably won't research it.

Now every thing else you said about flu or whatever, I never said. Don't put words in my mouth.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:32 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
These numbers are likely altered if not underreported.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:34 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Eh, no one trusts China’s numbers, India aggressively locked down the country, and Africa is multiple countries unlike India and China and many of its countries along with India probably don’t have the best tracking since they traditionally haven’t had great tracking for far more common diseases, so why expect them to have great tracking for a novel one?

You need to just admit that papayas and prayers > masks + fishy numbers!

https://greatgameindia.com/tanzania-...d-19-positive/

https://apnews.com/fcaaa816cd9ba159c840b5366107da50

In China, India and Africa, they are not counting homicides and suicides as Covid-19 deaths FYI.

https://q13fox.com/2020/06/17/washin...vid-19-deaths/

Some people on the left are very racist and believe that numbers in many "darker" countries are always fake. I wish we could all just judge each other as human beings.

Last edited by usernametaken; 06-27-2020 at 11:54 AM..

Old 06-27-2020, 11:39 AM

24 posts, read 6,294 times
The whole thing is quite fishy but most people cannot see it....

Old 06-27-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Are you aware that hospitals were/are incentivised to declare cause of death as "Covid" because they get more federal money? If someone dies from Covid on a ventilator it's even more money.

There are many doctors around the US coming our saying that something isn't right and they are being forced to sign death certificate a certain way to show Covid was the cause of death when they don't agree. Hospital administration is forcing them.

These are real stories and not fantasy. Easily verifiable (if you want) but you probably won't research it.

Now every thing else you said about flu or whatever, I never said. Don't put words in my mouth.
Yea, I have more than a few idiots on my facebook feed, so it's hard to escape that. It's true there's a difference in payment, and it's also true that there has been continuing auditing of cases. Falsifying causes of death come with repercussions and thus far there's no evidence of it having been done en masse while we do have statistical evidence of a markedly higher number of deaths compared to previous years. Of course you didn't both to even think about trying to check for the latter, because as long as you're satisfied with an even remotely plausible explanation, you just give up because that's just how you are.

Let's quote this one more time for posterity:
Quote:
Or let's do some cool takes from you on coronavirus:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57792642-post4324.html

Quote:
We will have theraputic pills approved in a week or two. Vaccine Next year.

Pills will help until then.

Also as I mentioned way back, Farrs law. Look it up. These pandemics always follow Farr's law. Steep up then steep drop off in numbers. Italy does not have the robust healthcare system we have in the US. Also Italy has a MUCH OLDER population that smokes. False equivalency for the most part.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/57833945-post4660.html

Quote:
Only issue to this argument is in the first sentence

"Without an effective therapy"

There will be an effective therapy soon in my opinion and from what I have been seeing in press conferences.

This is just another fear mongering piece for clicks. Be weary of those, they are there to trick people who aren't paying attention.
Effective therapy soon, dog? In April? Cool.

Or how about this great nugget:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57452928-post125.html

Quote:
Borrowing a line from someone here...

When 10,000 people in the US die from the Coronavirus, call me. Until then, i'm not worried.
What's your number, bro? You want me to set up a robocaller to remind you that your posts on this have been ridiculous so you can stop running your mouth? Should we give you a gold star for consistency and a participation trophy?

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 06-27-2020 at 12:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: