Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 12:02 PM

34,100 posts, read 47,309,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, I have more than a few idiots on my facebook feed, so it's hard to escape that. It's true there's a difference in payment, and it's also true that there has been continuing auditing of cases. Falsifying causes of death come with repercussions and thus far there's no evidence of it having been done en masse while we do have statistical evidence of a markedly higher number of deaths compared to previous years. Of course you didn't both to even think about trying to check for the latter, because as long as you're satisfied with an even remotely plausible explanation, you just give up because that's just how you are.

Let's quote this one more time for posterity:

Or let's do some cool takes from you on coronavirus:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57792642-post4324.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57833945-post4660.html

Effective therapy soon, dog? In April? Cool.

Or how about this great nugget:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57452928-post125.html

What's your number, bro? You want me to set up a robocaller to remind you that your posts on this have been just ridiculous? Should we give you a gold star for consistency and a participation trophy?
Meh

He should start a podcast

All these doomsday ppl should

Mind you all these doomsday ppl are still getting up and going to work, or getting money from somewhere or somebody, because clearly their Internet is still on. Covid or crime isn't stopping that one, LoL

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 12:16 PM

37,156 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
You need to just admit that papayas and prayers > masks + fishy numbers!

https://greatgameindia.com/tanzania-...d-19-positive/

https://apnews.com/fcaaa816cd9ba159c840b5366107da50

In China, India and Africa, they are not counting homicides and suicides as Covid-19 deaths FYI.

https://q13fox.com/2020/06/17/washin...vid-19-deaths/

Some people on the left are very racist and believe that numbers in many "darker" countries are always fake. I wish we could all just judge each other as human beings.
Cool. I'm of darker complexion--oh schnapp, I'm not white nor am I a native of this country! This here English is my third language. Does what I say have more weight now somehow?

I follow a lot of Chinese social media in its native language and I have friends and family there--just about nobody trusts the CCP's numbers on this. CCP could be as white as the driven snow, but its history and lack of transparency is still going to make its numbers questionable.

In the US, there are going to be misattributions for deaths and that'll likely both be from covid-related deaths not counted as such and then non-covid related deaths also counted as such. There's little evidence of mass miscounting so far, and for here, most worrying is that there's been an undercount because our deaths during this period compared to previous years are higher than our official covid counts. Then again, maybe the WHO planted people here to die this year and did the same thing in Italy and Spain. You just never know with those whacky WHO folks!

Old 06-27-2020, 12:18 PM

37,156 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Meh

He should start a podcast

All these doomsday ppl should

Mind you all these doomsday ppl are still getting up and going to work, or getting money from somewhere or somebody, because clearly their Internet is still on. Covid or crime isn't stopping that one, LoL
He should maybe realize that his continuous string of being wrong on things might mean that whatever thought process or news source he's relying on might need to be reconsidered a bit, because it's a garbage parade

Old 06-27-2020, 01:33 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
I blame the people's republic of china and their communist government

Old 06-27-2020, 01:51 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I blame the people's republic of china and their communist government
90% of Americans are blissfully unaware of the ogre that is the CCP.

Things in Asia are going to get messy very quickly in the next 5 years.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:23 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
The numbers may not necessarily be as skewed as they seem. It is a fact that Americans have the most unhealthiest of diets (GMOs, sugar, grains, soda and corn fructose of which are *all* poisons). When a body is too busy getting rid of poisons, it doesn’t react well to covid. This is a fact. In addition, people consume more alcohol here than they do in India or Africa - mainly because the US is not as religious with the prohibition of liquor.

Let’s at least agree that COVID has taken off in the United States because people here are overall obese and pretty much unhealthy. Let’s also admit that the food and drug administration - as well as the American diabetic association are controlled by interest groups designed to keep people unhealthy. For instance, a diabetic had no business consuming grains yet the food pyramid- designed by the FDA emphasizes just that. “Eat more grains” making people sicker and inducing metabolic disorders of which covid will thrive.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:19 PM

15,874 posts, read 14,487,406 times
China is actively concealing the real numbers. No one outside the CCP hierarchy will ever know what they really are.

India and pretty much all the African countries don't have the medical infrastructure to actually generate any useful statistics. People are likely dying is significant number without that fact registering in any official way (which I suspect is just fine with the governments in question.)

Even in the US and EU, the numbers are squishier than we'd like to think. But at least we have some infrastructure to try and generate useful statistics.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:45 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,936 times
Cuomo and DeBlasio created the epidemic in NYC by not shutting down early, so it is doing worse than every place else on earth.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:45 PM

383 posts, read 174,057 times
China definitely lied (their regime is one of professionals).
India I don't know enough about them,but their immune system is probably strong.

Africa, being a continent, it shouldn't even compare, and depending on the countries it is hard to tally the numbers (You will never get accurate data from Somalia whereas Algeria, Morocco, and South Africa for instance would definitely be accurate).
Also, you should see how Algeria and Morocco managed the crisis (like bosses), they were on top of it, they made every Western Nation look under-developed and showed what patriotism is about.
Another scientific assumption is cross-immunity, the continent (especially Western and Central Africa) having been exposed to thousands of different pandemics, their immune system is much stronger than your average New Yorker or Floridian.
All this is added to the fact that many African Nations do not have the capacity to tally demographic data the way rich Nations do.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:47 PM

383 posts, read 174,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Cuomo and DeBlasio created the epidemic in NYC by not shutting down early, so it is doing worse than every place else on earth.
Wow, if they created the epidemic not shutting down early, what should we say about Florida, Texas and Arizona opening up after 28 days and what they're currently going through, in places where people are not on top of each other like NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: