Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 02:13 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,273,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Yes you are peddling lies and should stop.

There are individuals that "switched" partys that are dead(Strom Thurman, John Connally) except for the most recent one Jeff Van Drew.

The Party ideology switch is nothing but a big lie where Democrats are trying to project their racist history onto Republicans.
Exactly. I guess it helps the Democrats sleep at night pretending the unwoke history of their party does not exist.

The only leader to order the destruction of a city by atomic weapons was a Democrat. Or are they now pretending that Truman was a Republican too?

Old 07-09-2020, 02:17 PM
bu2

24,117 posts, read 14,928,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Exactly. I guess it helps the Democrats sleep at night pretending the unwoke history of their party does not exist.

The only leader to order the destruction of a city by atomic weapons was a Democrat. Or are they now pretending that Truman was a Republican too?
Seriously, had someone tell me their son had a HS history teacher say that Republicans had dropped the Abomb.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:18 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,409,159 times
Any grave anywhere should be honored. I don't care who they are. I always saw these dis-respectful people as cowards, not just now, but all through the years. I would love to see the ages match and have the person buried all of a sudden appear. Dis-respecting a grave where, of course, the person cannot defend themselves is pretty low. Disgustingly low.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:20 PM

19,271 posts, read 17,138,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Slave owners who were all members of the democratic party.
Get over it already and stop comparing today's political parties to those 150+ years ago

Old 07-09-2020, 02:23 PM

17,826 posts, read 13,741,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
In my confederate lineage, we have some that owned slaves and some that were dirt farmers. Both felt the need to protect their lands from the invading generals of the North. I can assure you that the dirt farmers in my family didn't care one iota about politics of the times. They were concerned that their homes and crops would be burned.
So, your lineage was a bunch of dirty, rotten democrats, eh?

Old 07-09-2020, 02:25 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Confederates fought and died for the Democrats. Now they kick over their graves' tombstones.
Yes, the slavers are kicking and screaming in their coffins wanting to become Republicans because Democrats dont support slavery anymore.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:32 PM

8,357 posts, read 2,979,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, the slavers are kicking and screaming in their coffins wanting to become Republicans because Democrats dont support slavery anymore.
None of those dead soldiers that fought for the south owned slaves. They were young kids fighting for their states. Those coward scum that destroyed these grave sights are just that along with those that support these scum. These scum deserve some “special” attention.

So brave to attack dead soldiers. Spineless maggots.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:34 PM
bu2

24,117 posts, read 14,928,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Get over it already and stop comparing today's political parties to those 150+ years ago
Jim Crow laws were all passed and enforced by Democrats.

Civil Rights Acts passed because a higher % of Republicans voted for them than the Democrats.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:37 PM

628 posts, read 210,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
So now you know what was in the hearts of soldiers??

Of course you can believe what you want, but soldiers fought and died because, especially Virginia, was invaded by Lincoln. When an "enemy" invades your territory, you just don't sit back and watch them take over your Railroads, Shipyards, allow Bridges to be burnt and even worse as the war progressed, you defend your territory.

Slave owners were a pretty small percentage. If you think a bunch of guys all got together and decided to fight because the Jones farm 20 miles away may lose his slaves, I've got a bridge to show you.
The south literally declared it, so yeah.

A rightfully-governing body is not "invading" when a legal subordinate defies the law.

This usage of "invasion" is extremist rhetoric from the wrong side of history, mate.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:41 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,222,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Doesn't bode well for Antifa and BLM. What terrible ****ing people **** on their own soldiers' graves when it doesn't suit them anymore?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rch-dc-suburb/
Right... the confederates are soldiers for BLM and Antifa lol. You say the confederates are tied with today’s Democrats, then why are all the conservatives the ones getting triggered about this confederate stuff? You should be cheering on the desecration of Democrat memorials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.