Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 04:02 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
Typical liberal defending scumbags.
You mean like scum bags that scream All Lives Matter when someone's bringing attention to Breona Taylor? Or are those different scum bags?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 04:04 PM

27,689 posts, read 16,178,066 times
Black supremists need to be ridiculed into the shadows. Unfortunately theyre being embraced/condoned by the msm. Very dangerous.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:18 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,787,558 times
Anyone who is going to twitter to expect any sort of human response is a fool. "People" go there to hate.
I don't know why anyone posts anything there, it's a cesspool

Old 07-13-2020, 04:38 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,190,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The issue behind Blue Live Matters is what was the point of her using that hashtag? Is that killer going to go free, even if hadn't killed himself? Is there some slap-on-the-wrist punishment that regularly gets handed down for people who kill cops, that's an insult to the profession or the people left behind?

These protests are about INJUSTICE. You can't cry about using a hashtag meant to draw attention to repeated INJUSTICE, when there's no INJUSTICE being targeted. I sympathize with the daughter, but it's a careless use of a hashtag was purposely created to marginalize a legitimate movement around INJUSTICE.
You have trivialized her loss. How dare you or anyone else expect a grieving teenager to coddle your cause and tiptoe around your fragile sensibilities. I’m sick of it.

I grew up in a time when racism was far, far worse but somehow we managed not turn into thugs or heartless cretins while confronting it. I started my teaching career in a school where most of the kids had never seen a black person, an active KKK chapter one county over, and people, including co-workers, who called me n***** right to my face. BLM isn’t about injustice it is about overthrowing the nation I love and they are doing it by whipping up people who need an excuse to break mandated shutdowns.

Quote:
“Black supremacy is as dangerous as white supremacy, and God is not interested merely in the freedom of black men, God is interested in the freedom of the whole human race and in the creation of a society where all men can live together as brothers.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:41 PM

52,315 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
twitter is filled with degenerate scum its best to just avoid it
Twitter is cesspool sewer. I was on it for like five minutes and ditched it. It's got way too much garbage and hate on there. CD's POC forum is G rated next to that dumpster fire.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:53 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Was Twitter involved in the ambush in some way?

If not, then the answer to those hurt feelings is simple enough: drop Twitter like a rock, and quit reading the things written on it.

I never joined Twitter, and never read it, so most of the time, I know nothing about all the lightning and thunder that emanates from that platform.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:54 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,411,680 times
Typical lefty progressive lib scum, what else is new?

Old 07-13-2020, 04:57 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You have trivialized her loss. How dare you or anyone else expect a grieving teenager to coddle your cause and tiptoe around your fragile sensibilities. I’m sick of it.

I grew up in a time when racism was far, far worse but somehow we managed not turn into thugs or heartless cretins while confronting it. I started my teaching career in a school where most of the kids had never seen a black person, an active KKK chapter one county over, and people, including co-workers, who called me n***** right to my face. BLM isn’t about injustice it is about overthrowing the nation I love and they are doing it by whipping up people who need an excuse to break mandated shutdowns.
Do people yelling out "All Lives Matter" trivialize the loss of Breona Taylor? That girl actively chose to use a hashtag that was created to marginalize a social justice movement. That's on her. She doesn't get to derail BLM or absolve the use of Blue Lives Matter just b/c she's grieving. And you don't get to use her as a cudgel to push your own agenda bc you don't like BLM.

Since you want to bring up MLK, heed this quote:

Quote:
...America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt
We already know what MLK would've thought of the BLM movement, so trying to use him to dismiss BLM isn't going to fly here.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:03 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,411,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Do people yelling out "All Lives Matter" trivialize the loss of Breona Taylor? That girl actively chose to use a hashtag that was created to marginalize a social justice movement. That's on her. She doesn't get to derail BLM or absolve the use of Blue Lives Matter just b/c she's grieving. And you don't get to use her as a cudgel to push your own agenda bc you don't like BLM.

Since you want to bring up MLK, heed this quote:

We already know what MLK would've thought of the BLM movement, so trying to use him to dismiss BLM isn't going to fly here.
Guess what? #BlackLM isn't the only social cause or issue. Get over yourself.

People can say #BlueLivesMatter all they want. I get the girl was grieving and probably is/was too nice, but I would have told them all to go F themselves for trying to marginalize someone's death and/or delete those comments.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:13 PM

52,315 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Guess what? #BlackLM isn't the only social cause or issue. Get over yourself.

People can say #BlueLivesMatter all they want. I get the girl was grieving and probably is/was too nice, but I would have told them all to go F themselves for trying to marginalize someone's death and/or delete those comments.
Bolded for truth. We still live in a country with free speech, for now anyway. Certain groups of people would just love to be able to shut people down. Be careful when someone starts talking about "misinformation" and using terms like that. They typically are the ones that want to shutdown free speech.

All of this safe space trigger warnings and politically correct garbage is the first step in those aims. These people are slick and they know what they are doing. We're all too busy with our lives and not paying much attention and the next thing you know we'll end up in re-education camps. LOL, a touch of hyperbole, but not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies