Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 02:14 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,304,154 times

Advertisements

actually, it seems Tucker Carlson went through a list from 2019; there were 10 total (1 woman). In 2 of the cases, the cop has been charged.

it's Daily Caller, so I understand if you don't want to get the names/info/google more yourself.
https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/03/t...ings-genocide/

Here are the locations:

Knoxville TN
San Angelo TX (near Abilene)
Forth Worth TX - female, officer charged
Baton Rouge (2 in area)
Blytheville Ark
Los Angeles
Edmond OK
Baltimore
Newark - officer charged

of 8 deaths where an officer wasn't charged, it's pretty clear they were justified in half of them.

We know none of them were significant enough to draw the attention of #BLM anywhere near the George Floyd case. In which officers were charged.

How much damage occurred in MPLS after George's brother spoke and told them to stop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 02:16 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,304,154 times
None in Detroit, Chicago, NYC, PNW, STL (to name but a few significant ones). So why the riots there?

Old 07-14-2020, 02:46 PM

24,144 posts, read 15,233,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Hard decisions are in the future is we want to preserve this republic. That’s a fact.
Y'all need to keep on pointing out the obvious regarding the importation of all these different cultures. You are turning me around. Seriously.

But I was halfway there to start with.

Time to stop all visas, and stop trying to save the world.

I'd better start reading Roy Beck every day, again.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:02 PM

30,260 posts, read 18,817,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
You’re entitled to your opinion. Speaking as someone who has lived almost my entire life in the Twin Cities and within the city limits for the last 12 years, I respectfully disagree. I would argue that up to the onset of COVID the city was the best it has been during my lifetime. And the Somalis didn’t make the city worse, they actually made it better and have spurred new businesses and added vibrancy to the Cedar-Riverside area and along E. Lake St.

Now things are different due to COVID, but even with the recent setback the city is in many ways still a vast improvement over how it was during the 80s, 90s and early 2000s. During the mid-90s there were nearly 100 homicides a year (you may recall that during this time it was nicknamed “Murderapolis”).

Look at all the new development in areas like downtown, uptown and around the U of M. If the city was so rotten then why did the population increase by nearly 50,000 people in the last 10 years? That is typically not the sign of hell-hole city.

Disagree all you want. My cousin there has been a prominent attorney there for 35 years and I have been going there 2-3 times a year for that period.

The population has increased so much as they added nearly 100,000 Somalis.

There is nice development near the University there. There are also very nice areas downtown. However, crime rate has definitely increased since the 90s. Crime rates were much higher everywhere in the US in the 70s. The reason? Many of the criminals of today have been aborted.

If you have lived there your whole life-

a. you are a democrat
b. you know that Minneapolis has become more dangerous with the Somalis
c. there are businesses and professional practices that are leaving the downtown
d. many businesses look like Mogadishu, as there is often someone behind the cash register in a veil

Let's face it- Minneapolis has gone downhill since the 90s.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:31 PM

6,382 posts, read 2,955,281 times
Pigs love living in slop. They might try a clean life but they can't resist the muck. Deport them back to the sh**-holes whence they came.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:45 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,440,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Disagree all you want. My cousin there has been a prominent attorney there for 35 years and I have been going there 2-3 times a year for that period.

The population has increased so much as they added nearly 100,000 Somalis.

There is nice development near the University there. There are also very nice areas downtown. However, crime rate has definitely increased since the 90s. Crime rates were much higher everywhere in the US in the 70s. The reason? Many of the criminals of today have been aborted.

If you have lived there your whole life-

a. you are a democrat
b. you know that Minneapolis has become more dangerous with the Somalis
c. there are businesses and professional practices that are leaving the downtown
d. many businesses look like Mogadishu, as there is often someone behind the cash register in a veil

Let's face it- Minneapolis has gone downhill since the 90s.
Are you basing this off feelings? The data supports that crime (across all major categories) peaked in the mid-90s and has decreased significantly since then. Since I’ve been living in South Minneapolis the neighborhoods have improved with the construction of the two light rail lines, the redevelopment of the Midtown Global Market and Midtown Greenway. Where there was previously blight and empty parking lots there are now farmers markets, community gardens, breweries, coffee shops, co-ops. Abandoned factories and warehouses have been converted to condos and apartments. Some call it gentrification and I would agree. I’ve lived through this transformation.

Back in 2008 in our old neighborhood there was a child prostitution ring taking place a block away and drug deals taking place on the corner. My car was broken into multiple times and my garage got tagged with gang graffiti. Since then the area improved and the homes doubled in value. Thanks gentrification. Northeast and uptown have also gone through heavy gentrification in the last few decades. In my mind it isn’t even debatable that the city is better now than it was in the 90’s.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:54 PM

31,306 posts, read 22,303,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Yes because Minneapolis is the only city in the country where unarmed black men are getting killed at the hands of the police department right? And Minneapolis is the only place in the country where civil unrest is occurring as a result of police killings, right?
Naw, Most all the Democrat run cities where unarmed black men were gunned down are similar

Somalis might make the city less violent than some of the locals but I can guaranteed the number of Female Genital Mutilations have sky rocketed. Third world chit being brought to the USA

https://www.voanews.com/science-heal...nts-somalis-us

"Athough the procedure is illegal in the United States, many Somali natives now residing in the U.S. underwent FGM as young girls and still live with pain. And, in some Somali communities, the practice is carried out in secret."

Old 07-14-2020, 07:57 PM

3,622 posts, read 1,812,897 times
Does it not dawn on these leftists that tens of millions of would be minorities wouldn’t flee to a place in order to be oppressed? The irony is that they are fleeing actually oppression(totalitarianism, widespread corruption, religious persecution, terrorism, gangs, etc). As Tucker would say why would you want your country run by people who hate it?

Old 07-14-2020, 07:58 PM

2,400 posts, read 759,538 times
I would like to know exactly who she thinks “we” are? She’s not a “we” with me. Not even close.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:06 PM

31,306 posts, read 22,303,878 times
Mogadeshu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uDIg2fN2T4

Twin Cities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjgokqw_MHM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies