Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2020, 02:09 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,123,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
After over 100 pages on this topic, has anyone come on here and complained they wore a mask everywhere there was people, yet came down with a bad case of COVID-19?
I have disregarded the mask policy as much as I can. I never wear one outside. I will wear it in someone's business-if required - because I don't want to make any trouble for them, they have too much as it is.

But I've been to crowded areas, parties, bars with people not wearing masks. I have shaken hands with strangers. I have flown numerous times. I have eaten in indoor restaurants numerous times.

If I have been exposed to Covid19 I don't know, but I definitely didn't feel any symptoms.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:31 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Category: People refusing to wear masks

I refuse to wear a mask, pretty much because the evidence just isn't there.

I do wear one in stores, which is about the only place I "have to." At work, I wear it around my chin and only put it up when close to other people. More and more people are doing the same, I'm also not usually in close proximity to other people (some jobs you have a lot of people in a small space. I literally have miles at my job.)

I think the act is up.
Glad you at least wear one where you have to. The rest of us appreciate that.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:26 PM

51 posts, read 16,814 times
Lightbulb  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman
.....I do wear one in stores, which is about the only place I "have to.".....
Well ya dont really have to there either,most stores do not try to force it......

Old 09-23-2020, 07:15 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,062,028 times
Is it ok if I mention this mask related meme? It gived me some chuckles as well as some food for thoughts. https://imgur.com/RQpELK3

Old 09-23-2020, 08:34 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,557,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Is it ok if I mention this mask related meme? It gived me some chuckles as well as some food for thoughts. https://imgur.com/RQpELK3

Yep!

Old 09-23-2020, 08:48 PM

16,581 posts, read 10,686,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdn6ds View Post
Well ya dont really have to there either,most stores do not try to force it......
That's like saying you don't have to obey the speed limit since it's not always enforced. Stores may establish whatever lawful policies they wish, and it's incumbent upon you and me and everyone else to either obey their policies or not enter their stores.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:14 PM

525 posts, read 454,920 times
I don’t wear masks outside unless it’s crowded, but I definitely wear them indoors/on public transit. I’m young and healthy so I’m not worried about getting sick, but there’s always a possibility that I’m an asymptotic carrier who could spread the virus to more vulnerable people.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:47 AM

85 posts, read 35,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
That's like saying you don't have to obey the speed limit since it's not always enforced. Stores may establish whatever lawful policies they wish, and it's incumbent upon you and me and everyone else to either obey their policies or not enter their stores.
Well, almost everyone speeds if there are no cops around. But still not the same. Technically cops can be anywhere on the street, and the limits are enforceable everywhere, so you don't really have a choice. You can't take a street where they won't enforce it. Stores usually chose if they want to enforce it or not. Yes, the places where masks are mandated the stores/bars/restaurants put up signs because they have to, but then it is up to an owner or the management if they want to enforce it. Some care a lot, some are desperate for customers and let it slide, some understand that it's all a hoax and don't ask people to wear them (lol, so many times I came into a small business not wearing a mask with no other customers there, and you see an owner desperately trying to put their mask on, and then they see me without one and they don't bother too. Then we often have a chat about how stupid this whole thing is). So it is up to a customer to chose where he/she shops. I prefer not to go to a store with mask nazis, so I go to the ones who don't enforce it, unless something is absolutely necessary.

Plus the speed limits are there for the real reasons while masks are just there for virtue signaling, to remind us about this plandemic and exercise more government control

Old 09-24-2020, 09:55 AM

2,774 posts, read 905,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
It’s not so much about c19 and masks it’s that we have a great many people that do not feel subject to the law
Actually it's about people who aren't buying into the lie that masks are effective:

"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection." - New England Journal of Medicine, April 1, 2020.

Please note that under heavy political pressure, on June 3, 2020, the authors of the above article issued this statement:

“We strongly support the calls of public health agencies for all people to wear masks when circumstances compel them to be within 6 ft of others for sustained periods.”

An accurate translation of the above statement should read: Using real science we strayed from the dominant narrative of the left and therefore we had to walk back our original statement to keep our jobs.

Masks at this point, are purely virtue signaling.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:23 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
I don’t wear masks outside unless it’s crowded, but I definitely wear them indoors/on public transit. I’m young and healthy so I’m not worried about getting sick, but there’s always a possibility that I’m an asymptotic carrier who could spread the virus to more vulnerable people.
Thank you for being so responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies