Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2020, 07:57 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times

Advertisements

I know this article is from last March but it raise some questions about what do to with used masks? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN20Z0PP

Old 10-08-2020, 08:34 AM

8,156 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Kansas is now one of only 4 states showing Covid decline, and nobody there are wearing masks; including the police.
Just drove through this state twice, and was pulled over for speeding.
There is no decline, the 7-day new case average is at around 740 - the highest it has ever been.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/kansas/

Old 10-08-2020, 08:36 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
There is no decline, the 7-day new case average is at around 740 - the highest it has ever been.

There is a clear dip in active cases from that graph.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
If Covid is spread through fine air particles, then masks do nothing. If you can breathe through your mask, you will breathe the virus from the air so that's that. Masks can be only effective if the virus is spread through water droplets, which the masks will keep on your face instead of all over the room. I smell through my mask, which should tell you something.

My local government in Miami-Dade have for example mandated useless mask policies both indoors and outdoors. That are crushing businesses, especially the bar and nightclub businesses. That and the curfew. That should be up to the businesses. And I'm against those second hand smoking policies as well (disclosure: Im a smoker, and have been smoking since 12 years old) but here in Miami there are many bars and restaurants you can smoke in still.
Two words: viral load (or dose, whatever you want to call it).

Old 10-08-2020, 08:39 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Two words: viral load (or dose, whatever you want to call it).
And it won't reduce the viral load either. Not the surgical masks or the cloth masks. They're intended to prevent droplets form your nose and mouth from being sprayed everywhere. But if you can breathe in them, logic should tell you it won't stop a virus residing in the air.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:01 AM

3,648 posts, read 1,602,875 times
Quote:

And daily death rates are rising, not declining.

Last edited by james112; 10-08-2020 at 09:13 AM..

Old 10-08-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
There is a clear dip in active cases from that graph.
There is no dip in the new cases. As I said, the 7-day average is the highest ever. The number of active cases is a very rough estimate .

Last edited by serger; 10-08-2020 at 09:20 AM..

Old 10-08-2020, 09:11 AM

3,648 posts, read 1,602,875 times
Quote:
Requiring everyone wear masks will work to some extent. It's just not worth it. It's not worth it to stop the common cold. It's not worth it to stop the flu. It's not worth it to stop this virus, where 50-80% of people do not experience symptoms when they get it. The biggest joke in history. In the next 1-2 years, everyone will get this virus almost at once because it's new. But afterwards, this will be just another cold when the dust settles.
I guess you haven't heard that:

"COVID-19 is more contagious among certain populations and age groups than flu. Also, COVID-19 has been observed to have more superspreading events than flu". CDC

"COVID-19 is also more infectious than the flu and has a higher death rate. COVID-19 also has a higher rate of hospitalizations." HEALTHLINE

"COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), so the use of masks is particularly important in settings where people are close to each other or where social distancing is difficult to maintain." CDC

Old 10-08-2020, 09:14 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times
Quote:
It happens whether you wear masks or not. A lot of the third world, like African countries and middle eastern countries, are not wearing masks. They peaked, and many are declining now.

Brazil, while certainly some people are wearing masks, many are not, and masks are not really enforced. I stumbled into an electronic party where hundreds of people were partying, body to body, without masks. And Brazil is declining. The peak is behind them.

Missouri is another declining state, not even front desk clerks for a major hotel chain were masked.
When this mess began back in March, I was a staunch supporter of herd immunity; that hasn't changed.
Yet here I am in a state where many residents are muzzled, while they kill approximately 4 million people via cancer annually by driving their vehicles unnecessarily.
https://www.who.int/airpollution/ambient/en/

Such a paradox we herd animals are, all this fuss over Covid; when simply breathing kills 10 times as many.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
And it won't reduce the viral load either. Not the surgical masks or the cloth masks. They're intended to prevent droplets form your nose and mouth from being sprayed everywhere. But if you can breathe in them, logic should tell you it won't stop a virus residing in the air.
Yes, so they are greatly reducing the viral load, as I said. Less droplets in the air, and less travel in the air. And of course wearing masks does not mean that no distancing should be utilized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies