Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2020, 07:20 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
Trump ain't wearing a mask so I don't need to wear a mask.

It's pointless its stupid. I take off my mask as much as I can and just always head to any place not enforcing A mask like the beach or mountans. I been out and about since March. Im doin fine just working out much more.

I hope Mask Mandates will be gone. I dread wearing a mask since day one. I just wear to go to work ( take it off when no ones around) and grocery shopping. Heck im start to move now to buying my grocery online because I hate wearing a mask that bad.

Anybody else feel like this?
Im hoping for a sense of normalcy one day. At least I don't have to wear a mask at the beach or in the water so its one of the few times I feel like im normal
I love masks. Apparently we're able to keep the hospitals from flooding without closing down most businesses (at least so far). I can't imagine a better possible scenario than that. I'm smiling from year to ear every day.

I'd like the mask mandates to continue until a vaccine is developed and spread amongst the populace, perhaps in six months.

Now, what I do wonder about is, if in addition to masks, we'll have to close some businesses down again. Just wearing masks without closing down businesses is without question the best case sceneario.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:33 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
yea look at Trump. Why do I have to wear a mask if Trump ain't wearing a Mask?
You're pulling our legs right, some sort of attempt at sarcasm?

Old 10-23-2020, 08:08 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
I don't have a problem with wearing them.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:15 AM

4,242 posts, read 947,782 times
Some friends have made me some really pretty and fairly comfortable masks. I'm happy to wear them in an effort to keep COVID numbers down. It's such a small price to pay.

Maybe you should considering shopping around for a mask you can live with.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:31 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
I, too, hate wearing masks. But I do, when I have to go out.

And when I say I hate wearing a mask, I mean I HATE wearing a mask. But I understand the importance of doing so, so when I'm out and about, I wear a mask.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:34 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Saw this cute video on FB the other day and loved it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltjBT_TuUVA

Old 10-23-2020, 08:39 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Saw this cute video on FB the other day and loved it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltjBT_TuUVA

Cute. LOL

Old 10-23-2020, 08:48 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I have done shopping with someone making same type of noise and nothing happened. I have posted photo here before of someone in USPS with no mask and nothing happened. In fact that person got services. You're welcome to continue making smoke that somehow people should give up their freedom to make other people feel safe, eventually everyone will ignore it.
Lol. As I said previously don't come to TX or you might go somewhat hungry. After the governor's order (which unfortunately came very late, but that's a different story), there is literally nobody in the grocery stores not wearing a mask. Oh, and most stores have an employee at the entrance.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:49 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Meaning you are not interested in learning the truth. You only read what confirms your personal biases. This his how close minded folks operate, though confirmation bias.
Quote:
LOL another stupid video by Tony Heller aka Steve Goddard. The flu season starts in Oct-Nov but the chart that he linked only starts in Feb, so a few key months of the flu are missing. What a dummy video!

Quote:
Meaning you are not interested in learning the truth. You only read what confirms your personal biases. This his how close minded folks operate, though confirmation bias.

Quote:
This looks like more non-credible junk.

Quote:

So, only the scientists that you echo your beliefs are credible. Kind of like how every single study that has gone against this controlyavirus control has been silenced by the media and internet outlets.

Doesn't that in itself make you stop and think? Just a little? Or are you just stuck on going with your crowd? Censorship of that type should never happen in a free society.

Quote:

Look, the real point trying to be made here is not so much the efficacy of masks, thought that does paly a role with the types that folks are wearing; no, it is the government (and especially it's faithful minion snitches) forcing us to wear them. Especially for a disease that has killed .06% of the US population. Point. Zero. Six.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:53 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
So, only the scientists that you echo your beliefs are credible. Kind of like how every single study that has gone against this controlyavirus control has been silenced by the media and internet outlets.

Doesn't that in itself make you stop and think? Just a little? Or are you just stuck on going with your crowd? Censorship of that type should never happen in a free society.

Look, the real point trying to be made here is not so much the efficacy of masks, thought that does paly a role with the types that folks are wearing; no, it is the government (and especially it's faithful minion snitches) forcing us to wear them. Especially for a disease that has killed .06% of the US population. Point. Zero. Six.

The bolded is really the only thing I need to know about this. Thank you for saying it so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies