Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2020, 12:54 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Exactly!

The government mandates no smoking on domestic aircraft...people abide accordingly.

The government mandates child support deductions from your payroll checks...people abide accordingly.

The government mandates federal taxes and SS to be deducted from your paychecks....people abide accordingly.

Odd a simple measure such as mandating wearing a mask during a pandemic gets only a small percent of folks so wound up. *Shrug*

Because government do not have any rights to tell us how to live our life.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:01 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Hate to break it to you but it already does. In every day of your life you are being forced to live according to certain laws mandated by the government.

Do you drive without a driver's license or insurance? Do you have a SS card? Do you file taxes with the IRS yearly?

Are you allowed to walk around in the nude at grocery stores? Are you allowed to do anything you want? Nope the government does not allow that.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:17 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
Hate to break it to you but it already does. In every day of your life you are being forced to live according to certain laws mandated by the government.

Do you drive without a driver's license or insurance? Do you have a SS card? Do you file taxes with the IRS yearly?

Are you allowed to walk around in the nude at grocery stores? Are you allowed to do anything you want? Nope the government does not allow that.

Driving is a privileged , i still do not understand why people keep using that are example. Taxes right given to the government by the constitution. Walking around nude in the grocery store has nothing to do with the government.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Driving is a privileged , i still do not understand why people keep using that are example.
I am not talking about the right to be able to drive.

I'm talking about the government mandates that you must abide by in order to exercise that privilege.

You know...obtaining a driver's license and the requirement that you carry insurance for your vehicle.
Quote:
Taxes right given to the government by the constitution.
It's mandated by the government and regardless if you want to pay it or not the government is going to tell you that you have to pay it. In fact you will be forced to pay it.
Quote:
Walking around nude in the grocery store has nothing to do with the government.
Yes it does. It's against government established laws.

You abide by the government in so many ways yet you have no idea of this. You claim the government has no right to tell us what to do. Guess what, you live a life based on what the government has established for you to exist in while in public and even in your own home.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:52 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
They will hopefully understand thats what happens while wearing a mask BUT the aresol spead is much smaller than a non mask wearer.

Also hopefully they realize that the mask fibers trap virus.
Which they will then breathe right back in instead of it going out of them and dying in the cold.

Brilliant.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:59 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Be interesting to see how many mask enforcers would support the theme, "my body, my choice."

We would be so much better off if people who were exposed simply stayed home. The number of non-mask wearing unknowing spreaders is probably miniscule compared to the number of people who know they have been exposed but don't take proper precautions.

A lot of the people I know who got it suspect they got it from a person who was exposed and knew it who turned out to be positive.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:05 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Quote:
You posted about 2 outlier doctors and think their claims are credible?

LOL these doctors are bad doctors and have been condemned by the entire medical community.

Again Tony Heller aka Steven Goddard is not a scientist.
So, you don't wonder why these doctors are considered 'outliers' and not credible and condemned while Dr. Fauci is not? Guess that is how your science works. Oh and Tony Heller, who is not a scientist:

https://realclimatescience.com/who-is-tony-heller/

You know, you win. You'll just keep twisting crap around until you have your dang pretzel perfected. I give.

Let's go beyond science. Do you think the government should force folks into wearing masks? And if so, on what level(s)? Local, city, county, state, federal?

And do you think that the government should prohibit folks from gathering peacefully and going to church?

Old 10-23-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Which they will then breathe right back in instead of it going out of them and dying in the cold.

Brilliant.
Nope your statement is not brilliant in the least.

I see you need a bit of science knowledge education here.

The virus is never all by itself in your respiratory tract, but always bound up in a water droplet that can begin to evaporate into an aerosol once exiting your mouth. The virus rarely escapes the cloak of a water droplet of some size, and if it did, it wouldn't live long thereafter. Masks DO NOT work like a sieve except in the case of the largest droplets expelled from your mouth, such as the ones that you can see. The pathway that a mask presents to moving water droplets is a very messy maze where electrostatic forces and Brownian motion spell certain doom for 95% or more of the particles.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
So, you don't wonder why these doctors are considered 'outliers' and not credible and condemned while Dr. Fauci is not? Guess that is how your science works.
How my science works? No it's how my science skepticism works. It's also how my investigative discovery works as well as my inquisitive research works.

Dr. Fauci is an American physician and immunologist who has served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) since 1984.

Dr. Fauci has made important scientific observations that contributed to the understanding of regulation of the human immune response, and is recognized for delineating the mechanisms whereby immunosuppressive agents adapt to that response. He developed therapies for formerly fatal diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. In a 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association, membership ranked Fauci's work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis as one of the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.

Dr. Fauci has contributed to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to the progression to AIDS. He has outlined the mechanisms of induction of HIV expression by endogenous cytokines. Fauci has worked to develop strategies for the therapy and immune reconstitution of patients with the disease, as well as for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection. His current research is concentrated on identifying the nature of the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV.

In 2003, the Institute for Scientific Information stated that from 1983 to 2002, "Fauci was the 13th most-cited scientist among the 2.5 to 3 million authors in all disciplines throughout the world who published articles in scientific journals.” As a government scientist under six presidents, Fauci has been described as "a consistent spokesperson for science, a person who more than any other figure has brokered a generational peace" between the two worlds of science and politics.

Dr. Fauci was one of the leading researchers during the AIDS epidemic in the early 1980s. In 1981, he heard of the virus, and he and his team of researchers began looking for a vaccine or treatment for this novel virus, though they would meet a number of obstacles. In October 1988, protesters came to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Dr. Fauci, who had become the institute's director in 1984, bore the brunt of the anger from the LGBTQ community, who were largely ignored by the government.

Yes Dr Fauci is highly credible. Not these two no name outliers who have not contributed one single advancement to medical science.
Quote:
Oh and Tony Heller, who is not a scientist:
https://realclimatescience.com/who-is-tony-heller/
No he's not. LOL you post his blog to try and prove your point. How ridiculous!

Hosted by former Australian senator, Tony Heller repeats false claim that scientists fake the warming trend

Steven Goddard

Phony Tony is not a scientist. I challenge you to show me his research and his peer reviewed published scientific papers.
Quote:
Do you think the government should force folks into wearing masks? And if so, on what level(s)? Local, city, county, state, federal?
Force? No

Require? Yes, when in public until there is a vaccine that works or the pandemic vanishes.

Why do you think the cases are starting to rise again around the globe and in the US? Could it be because of people like you?
Quote:
And do you think that the government should prohibit folks from gathering peacefully and going to church?
I could care less what people do at church. However if they are gathering and not following proper pandemic protocols then yes the government must step in.

Churches are not immune from abiding to sensible pandemic measures.

Last edited by Matadora; 10-23-2020 at 03:28 PM..

Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Joe believes in science, but then again he's made bribery graft and corruption a science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies