Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2020, 07:03 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
if you have no symptoms what does it matter if you have covid your safe. people are being brainwashed by the media. they might get a sniffle and get scared. they might have a chill and get scared they will die. hell one night all i had was a dry cough and got paranoid' i had covid. the more you push fear by the media the more people will be fearful. when getting in a car is a much bigger risk.

here is a question for you if the vaccine is supposed to be 95 percent effective why would we need to keep wearing masks for years?
This is the attitude I don’t get. Your safe?! Great. You could be killing someone, sending dozens of people to the hospital and overwhelming the system.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:14 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
that is their fault for closing. the tests are too sensitive. who cares this virus does not even meet the requirements for a pandemic. not enough are dying. keep the restaurant open and pay your bills. people die and its a fact of life. stay home if your scared while the rest of us go to restaurants and make money.

we never tested people for a virus that were not sick. connect the dots on your own.
You need to look up the definition of the word pandemic, because you clearly do not know what it means. Hint: it has nothing to do with the number of deaths.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:21 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
This is the attitude I don’t get. Your safe?! Great. You could be killing someone, sending dozens of people to the hospital and overwhelming the system.
the virus has a 99.7 percent survival rate. i could send someone to the hospital or you could but there is nothing we can do about it because restrictions and masks do nothing.

you could wear a mask and send someone to the hospital just as i might. its not on purpose that's what viruses do. we dont blame people for being contagious because they have no control over it,

the chances of that happening are so statistically rare. we have had much more dangerous viruses in human history and we never took these measures. someone rang a bell i get it and now your mind is focused on the bell but if it was never rung or talked about you would not care. we rang a bell we should of never rung. people die and we cant shut down because of all the risks.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:26 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Has anyone considered, if this virus is even real, that maybe the PPE has been coming pre-contaminated? That the communists infesting mainland China not only figured out how to weaponize it, but coat it with something water soluble that allows it to survive until it's breathed in? Aren't masks "lubricated" by some kind of powder or or coating? I know some gloves have powder to make them easier to don and doff. What if it's this coating that's already contaminated? That would explain why places that mandate the masks hard are the places also hardest hit.
No I haven't. But then again I'm not crazy.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:26 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Has anyone considered, if this virus is even real, that maybe the PPE has been coming pre-contaminated? That the communists infesting mainland China not only figured out how to weaponize it, but coat it with something water soluble that allows it to survive until it's breathed in? Aren't masks "lubricated" by some kind of powder or or coating? I know some gloves have powder to make them easier to don and doff. What if it's this coating that's already contaminated? That would explain why places that mandate the masks hard are the places also hardest hit.
Oh good lord. Hard to believe you are living down the street from where I grew up.

Are you serious?

Old 12-05-2020, 07:27 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You need to look up the definition of the word pandemic, because you clearly do not know what it means. Hint: it has nothing to do with the number of deaths.
yes covid -19 was a pandemic but i believe the numbers were not substantial enough by july. its not only the large area but also how many die.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Maybe you should move to NY or CA so you can be "safe" and in a place that suits your totalitarian dream.
I feel relatively safe where I am. Done my time in both NY and CA.

Beyond that, I dont care for NY'ers in large numbers and I prefer hurricanes over earthquakes, huge forest fires, and cold weather/snow storms.

Finally, I am not the one living in some delusional place where masking up recommendations/mandates and social distancing equates to totalitarian government. I dont generally cut off my nose to spite my face whether it is the government or someone else I am spiting.

Drama queen much?

Old 12-05-2020, 07:55 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
yes covid -19 was a pandemic but i believe the numbers were not substantial enough by july. its not only the large area but also how many die.
Pandemic means the virus has spread worldwide. It has nothing to do with number of cases or number of deaths. The virus even infected people on a cruise to Antarctica.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
the virus has a 99.7 percent survival rate. i could send someone to the hospital or you could but there is nothing we can do about it because restrictions and masks do nothing.

you could wear a mask and send someone to the hospital just as i might. its not on purpose that's what viruses do. we dont blame people for being contagious because they have no control over it,
Still, though, CODVID-19 isn't something you want to get, since you don't know how your body will respond to it. My FB friend has been sick with it for 15 days. Still has off and on fever. Still feels disoriented. So, I'd far sooner have strep throat again. After several days of antibiotic treatment you're well on your way to getting over it. My doctor said I only needed to miss work for 3 days.

Old 12-06-2020, 01:31 AM

202 posts, read 144,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well it seems Trump's outdoor rallies don't have a bad reputation for being mass spreaders of the virus. At his rally now being held in Georgia almost nobody behind him is wearing a mask, not even an elderly lady. But the longer his rally lasts the higher the risk. Trump says he wants states and cities to open up at a time now when many hospitals are full or nearly full of covid patients.
Trump ain’t wearing a Mask so I don’t need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies