Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2020, 04:49 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It doesn't matter.

People should wear masks in public to protect others.

Why does this have to be Democrats vs. Republicans?
Same rules for the general public don't apply to Presidential Candidates? They shouldn't be setting an example? For what it's worth, I voted for Biden in Primary and will in the General. D I am just playing devil's advocate to the mask and social distancing paranoid people who won't visit their own family members unless wearing masks and social distancing. I am just bating the extremists to see their reactions.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:45 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Kansas Health Secretary gets called out on his deceit, he is "doctoring the numbers": https://sentinelksmo.org/kdhe-doctor...mask-mandates/ He has his head so far up the butt of Governor Kelly that he shouldn't need a mask!

Per the article:

"KDHE Secretary Lee Norman shared a COVID case chart with media this week, which he said shows the counties that abided by Governor Kelly’s mask mandate are ‘winning the battle.’ But he deceptively doctored the chart to justify mask mandates."

So, the 90 counties out of 105 that opted out appear to be more on the ball than our KDHE Secretary. We must flush the Dems out of the government here, MUST!

Old 08-14-2020, 11:19 PM

13,258 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
My local hospital is immediately requiring all employees NOT to wear bandana masks or neck gaiters.

(Before someone makes a comment about nurses/doctors, there are many more employees in a hospital than just doctors and nurses.)

I say before the end of the month, the more gestapo states will also outlaw bandana masks/neck gaiters.

Followed pretty quickly by mandating surgical masks be one use only and cannot be resused.

Watch.

IMO a hospital has to follow stricter guidelines then a grocery story, or restaurant. I can see why they don't want anyone wearing bandanna's and neck gaiters.

Old 08-15-2020, 09:41 AM

11,786 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Maybe they should tell their own employees. Hey, stock clerk, you are going the wrong direction and blocking the entrance to a one way aisle. You customers just stand there until they finish stocking. Do not go down the wrong way down an aisle.

Speaking of which, there are supermarket chains (not Walmart) which do not have one way aisles marked one way. Follow the rules of the road! "Drive" on the right side of the "road".

One such supermarket had customers waiting down the aisle with 6 foot distancing on line for check out. Guess you cannot go down that aisle until that line gets shorter? People were saying excuse me can you please move so I can get past you?

I don't have any doctor's note for myself. Don't have any disability, or medical condition. Can and do wear face covering inside a stores.
Our Walmart does have the one way system which I didn't know about and couldn't even see the floor stickers because they are so roughed up. A Karen ( and I hate the term but she was one! ) Told me I wasn't paying attention when I started coming down the aisle going the wrong way. Meanwhile she had her cart in the middle of the aisle so even if I had been going the right way - would have had to pass her and ask her to move out of the way.

I was at an estate sale today - had to wear masks but we were wedged inlike a can of sardines - so how is that complying?

Old 08-15-2020, 01:29 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Our Walmart does have the one way system which I didn't know about and couldn't even see the floor stickers because they are so roughed up. A Karen ( and I hate the term but she was one! ) Told me I wasn't paying attention when I started coming down the aisle going the wrong way. Meanwhile she had her cart in the middle of the aisle so even if I had been going the right way - would have had to pass her and ask her to move out of the way.

I was at an estate sale today - had to wear masks but we were wedged inlike a can of sardines - so how is that complying?
The vast majority of supermarket shoppers are very pleasant, as they were in the past. A polite excuse me can I get past you is usually enough. However, you have a few who seem to want to pick a fight and have a chip on their shoulder; before the virus AND now. Best to say nothing to them. Cannot get into an argument with someone else who won't answer them.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I would have left the sale.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:52 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
If you dont wear a mask in austraila this will happen to you. coming to the united states soon!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1293214517736988672

I heard they have had lockdown after lockdown.
Somehow, I doubt it will happen here.

The worst thing that happens to un-masked people is they are asked to leave a store. They might feel humiliated, but who cares. They can shop somewhere else or order from home.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:23 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I would have left the sale.
I thought the same thing. No way would I subject myself to that kind of crowd.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Trump's brother has died. I wonder if he's going to change his opinion about masks now.

Old 08-15-2020, 09:10 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Trump's brother has died. I wonder if he's going to change his opinion about masks now.
News reports don't say COVID at this point, nor do they say he had been ill for years - although he was hospitalized recently before his death and then released and then readmitted.
Quote:
Robert, who died just 11 days before what would have been his 72nd birthday, had reportedly spent more than a week in the intensive care unit at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City earlier this summer.
Could very well be COVID. It happens often enough people appear to be on the mend, only to die rather suddenly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies