Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 02:08 PM

235 posts, read 115,470 times

Advertisements

Right wing people cry about their freedoms but they don’t believe in the freedom of marrying whoever you want, having the choice over abortion, they protect big business but insult them when they do something to promote public health. The Constitution clearly states the government’s role is to protect it’s citizen and promote public health. A federal mask mandate would do that. But you have complainers.

Last edited by nva06; 07-20-2020 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 02:14 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,350,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Nothing like the load of Anthrax or a Sarin gas attack. That we given a 20% chance of surviving and this virus has a what 99.5 % chance of living through....
I don't think it's that low, are you saying that .5% of the population will die from it or .5% of people who are symptomatic will die from it? But my biggest concern isn't dying but ending up with health problems months or years from now, something that viruses are known for. People who get chickenpox at 10 have a chance of getting shingles when they are over 60. Hep B and C can cause liver cancer, HPV can cause cervical cancer, HIV can result in Gullain Barre syndrome and after recovering from Polio some patients experience post polio syndrome. I don't know about you but I wouldn't gamble on Covid-19 not having long term implications post recovery and while there are no clear answers to that, scientists are considering it a real possibility:

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...health-effects

Old 07-20-2020, 02:16 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,350,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
Right wing people cry about their freedoms but they don’t believe in the freedom of marrying whoever you want, having the choose over abortion, they protect big business but insult them when they do something to promote public health. The Constitution clearly states the government’s role is to protect it’s citizen and promote public health. A federal mask mandate would do that. But you have complainers.
Very true and most of them are offended when you point out the hypocrisy.

Old 07-21-2020, 01:51 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,593,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A lot of those shootings are not so much over the concept of mask wearing but rather people with extreme issues that don't like being told what to do and then have to "keep it real". Most that I've seen are um....urban situations with people that tend to not vote the same as the right-wing mask-fearers.
Explain all the white Karens.

Old 07-21-2020, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Your right to not wear a mask infringes on my and my family's inanlienable right to life and liberty. Who wins here?
No it doesn't. Stay home or at least out of the stores if you want to be safe from the virus.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's just easier to leave it on. And prevents cross contamination. I sat outside the Vet today with mine on because everytime someone came out to talk to me, it would need to be pulled back up. Same for walking to another business while I waited. No virtue signaling here. Not a fan of masks, but I am not going to hassle other people trying to do business over it. And, getting way closer than 6 feet, I am sure it made the vet and the techs more comfortable that I had one on.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's retarded. Even the CDC admitted asymptomatic people are at a very low risk for spreading anything. The mask BS is just a silly ad and propaganda campaign so everybody believes this is very very serious and very very scary. (It's not)
And then are are pre-symptomatic. Also, we cannot trust symptomatic people to stay home.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Any one else find it amusing that the picture associated with the linked article show a masked woman leaving the store with her mask down below her nose. I see a lot of that among mask wearers. Are particles not released through our noses? Can particles not enter through your eyes?
https://nypost.com/2020/05/11/corona...he-eyes-study/

https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/artic...us-at-the-nose

So I guess now (this month) the virus can not be spread through touch, just droplets and aerosols released and entering through the mouth. I have noticed in the past weeks store employees no longer clean carts for patrons entering the store. There are cleaning stations that usually are out of any disinfectant spray and/or wipes.
Mine kept falling today despite the thing that is supposed to keep it in place. It being below my nose was not intentional, perhaps it isn't for them either. I do think that the mouth is more likely to expel droplets. Wearing them that way is providing others most of the protection masks are designed to.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This isn't new. Target and CVS have been requiring them for some time now. It's why I won't do anyone's shopping for them if they choose a Target or CVS. Nope. I'm not going to suffocate for you, especially when so many don't tip. Get your own damn groceries.
If it feels suffocating to you, it's in your mind. I walk in the Texas heat in them and I am not having a problem. I had an anxiety based problem the first time. Huffing and puffing until I told myself it was in my mind and regulated my breathing. Now I forget it's even on. (surgical, 50 of them for $12 on ebay)

Old 07-21-2020, 06:16 AM

15,514 posts, read 7,546,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
No it doesn't. Stay home or at least out of the stores if you want to be safe from the virus.
So you would be OK with me practicing pistol shooting in my backyard without a backstop? After all, you can armor your house to protect yourself. And, you won't be infringing on my liberties and freedom. Can I also assume you think Typhoid Mary should have been allowed to continue working in restaurants, despite killing people through asymptomatic transmission of typhoid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies