Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 04:30 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
It's easy to claim that there is 0 evidence when you believe literally all the evidence is part of a giant conspiracy.

I don't have time for flat earthers, sorry I will continue to go with data.
You should make time, because you are being had. But you are probably too proud to ever see it, which is very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 04:32 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
You should make time, because you are being had. But you are probably too proud to ever see it, which is very sad.
Yep that's what all conspiracy theorists say. You are being had! The lizard people are deceiving you! The earth really is flat! THEY DON"T WANT YOU TO KNOW!! DON'T YOU SEE, THE FACT THAT EVERYONE TELLS ME I'M WRONG IS PROOF I'M REALLY RIGHT!!

No thanks, you can sell that bullcrap to some other sucker.

Old 07-21-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Yep that's what all conspiracy theorists say. You are being had! The lizard people are deceiving you! The earth really is flat! THEY DON"T WANT YOU TO KNOW!!

No thanks, you can sell that bullcrap to some other sucker.
One more question, please answer:

Do you find it suspicious at all that a simulated pandemic exercise occurred in NYC 2 months before the pandemic hit in NYC? How do you explain that? Coincidence?

Old 07-21-2020, 04:42 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
So 2 people that you know have the flu (which is 2 more than I know, btw), 7 months into the 'pandemic' that's is going to kill us all, and you actually believe this thing is legit?
That's ignoring the evidence that is right in front of your face.
No - two people did not get the 'flu.' Two people got COVID. If you can't actually differentiate between the flu and COVID at this point, you should cease and desist any further comments.

No...that IS the evidence right in front of my face. Please reread my post - text has been added. Three in the church have also died from it earlier this year.

Plus, neighborhood restaurant bar reopened two weeks ago, and closed within a week because some of their people got sick.

COVID IS EVERYWHERE - whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

And - please - stop posting, posting, posting, posting, posting baseless opinion WITHOUT reading in TOTALITY the information provided.

READ THE CHINESE BUS STUDY.

Clearly the data is frightening for you - thus you deny it. But why? It is in your best interests to protect YOURSELF even if you don't give a rat's behind about anyone else.

Old 07-21-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
One more question, please answer:

Do you find it suspicious at all that a simulated pandemic exercise occurred in NYC 2 months before the pandemic hit in NYC? How do you explain that? Coincidence?
IDK, would need a link from a reputable source to look at, because I don't keep up to date with the flat earth blogs.

I do not think it is unexpected in a country of several hundred million people that there would be strange coincidences that look suspicious if you don't understand the law of large numbers.

Old 07-21-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
IDK, would need a link from a reputable source to look at, because I don't keep up to date with the flat earth blogs.

I do not think it is unexpected in a country of several hundred million people that there would be strange coincidences that look suspicious if you don't understand the law of large numbers.
In other words, you don't know about it and have never heard about it, even though it absolutely happened (which no one denies, btw) so instead of doing the right thing and looking into it you choose to scoff and make a preposterous nonsensical red herring assertion about 'law of large numbers' which has no application whatsoever to the discussion.

You pseudo intellectuals are the absolute worst.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
In other words, you don't know about it and have never heard about it, even though it absolutely happened (which no one denies, btw) so instead of doing the right thing and looking into it you choose to scoff and make a preposterous nonsensical red herring assertion about 'law of large numbers' which has no application whatsoever to the discussion.

You pseudo intellectuals are the absolute worst.
So no link then? Remember when I said I don't have time for flat earthers?

This is why.

They say something obviously not supported by evidence and MY OWN DAMN EYES AND EARS and then expect me to spend 2 hours googling dark corners of the internet populated by idiots to confirm their pre-existing bias. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I am not surprised that somewhere in America there was some event going on that would seem suspiciously timed for <insert catastrophe here> at any given point in time the past couple hundred years. Because in a large enough country things happen ALL THE TIME. And whenever <insert catastrophe here> actually occurs, I am also not surprised that conspiracy nuts would scour the nation for any event that would appear to support their delusions.

Because that's how conspiracies work; a predetermined conclusion in search of evidence. Contradictory evidence? Part of the conspiracy! Some guy wrote something on a blog somewhere? Incontrovertible proof!

If you think there was some suspicious conspiracy then you need to support it with actual data from actual legitimate sources.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
No - two people did not get the 'flu.' Two people got COVID. If you can't actually differentiate between the flu and COVID at this point, you should cease and desist any further comments.

No...that IS the evidence right in front of my face. Please reread my post - text has been added. Three in the church have also died from it earlier this year.

Plus, neighborhood restaurant bar reopened two weeks ago, and closed within a week because some of their people got sick.

COVID IS EVERYWHERE - whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

And - please - stop posting, posting, posting, posting, posting baseless opinion WITHOUT reading in TOTALITY the information provided.

READ THE CHINESE BUS STUDY.

Clearly the data is frightening for you - thus you deny it. But why? It is in your best interests to protect YOURSELF even if you don't give a rat's behind about anyone else.
I reread your post. Again, you are saying that 2 people that you know have it and are sick with it right now. And you are in your late 70s.

Now, for those that will use the anecdotal/extrapolation of evidence argument, please consider:

It's not just me. It's not just Ariadne22. It's the same across the entire country. At this point everyone knows that almost no one is getting sick and almost no one is dying.

So there it is. We have a fake pandemic that people like Ariadne are now calling and epidemic. And it's not even that at this point.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:16 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
I reread your post. Again, you are saying that 2 people that you know have it and are sick with it right now. And you are in your late 70s.

Now, for those that will use the anecdotal/extrapolation of evidence argument, please consider:

It's the same across the entire country. At this point everyone knows that almost no one is getting sick and almost no one is dying.

So there it is. We have a fake pandemic that people like Ariadne are now calling and epidemic. And it's not even that at this point.
Andecdotal evidence SUPPORTS OFFICIAL DATA. Keep in mind, I'm white, live by myself in a nice, not densely populated area, have the luxury of staying home. Majority of our cases have occurred in the less affluent neighborhoods because of congestion, lack of social distancing, inability to work from home. But, it's now spreading to the wealthier areas/counties, as well.

In WI, we've had over 44,000 cases, over 850 deaths, 1,700 new cases statewide today - our cases are rising rapidly since the legislature told our Gov he can't shut anything down - local officials have to do that.

Here's the dashboard from Milwaukee County:

https://mcoem.maps.arcgis.com/apps/o...8062b5fe1055bf

So, your position is Milwaukee County is reporting FAKE hospitalizations and deaths?

And that the numbers reported by all the other states are also fake - and certainly the CDC/Johns Hopkins numbers are fake?

WHY?

And, BEFORE COMMENTING - PLEASE OPEN THE LINK AND READ THE DATA.

Local news just reported a bartender (and Special Olympics coach) died of COVID. Hospitalized and on ventilator for weeks.

https://fox6now.com/2020/07/19/belov...with-covid-19/

He fits the profile, older male, overweight/obese. In the beginning, overweight older males were the first stricken in our area - in large numbers.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 07-21-2020 at 05:30 PM..

Old 07-21-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
So no link then? Remember when I said I don't have time for flat earthers?

This is why.

They say something obviously not supported by evidence and MY OWN DAMN EYES AND EARS and then expect me to spend 2 hours googling dark corners of the internet populated by idiots to confirm their pre-existing bias. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I am not surprised that somewhere in America there was some event going on that would seem suspiciously timed for <insert catastrophe here> at any given point in time the past couple hundred years. Because in a large enough country things happen ALL THE TIME. And whenever <insert catastrophe here> actually occurs, I am also not surprised that conspiracy nuts would scour the nation for any event that would appear to support their delusions.

Because that's how conspiracies work; a predetermined conclusion in search of evidence. Contradictory evidence? Part of the conspiracy! Some guy wrote something on a blog somewhere? Incontrovertible proof!

If you think there was some suspicious conspiracy then you need to support it with actual data from actual legitimate sources.
I think it's reasonable and fair for you to ask me to prove it to you. Here are some links that I hope you will find reputable.

From the World Economic Forum's Youtube channel (short 3 minute vid):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FQbhkWYuY

From the Centerforhealthsecurity Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1-DnxRiPM

from the description on the vid:

Quote:
Event 201 is a pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated the pandemic preparedness efforts needed to diminish the large-scale economic and societal consequences of a severe pandemic.

Drawing from actual events, Event 201 identifies important policy issues and preparedness challenges that could be solved with sufficient political will and attention. These issues were designed in a narrative to engage and educate the participants and the audience.

For more information, visit: http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.or...
from their website: https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/about

From the Event 201 website itself:
https://event201.com

USAtoday article:
https://event201.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies