Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 09:26 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Oh look, more drivel from Trump supporters.
So anyone who doesn't tow the party line on Covid must be a Trump supporter?

Old 07-16-2020, 09:51 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,458,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
So anyone who doesn't tow the party line on Covid must be a Trump supporter?

I suggested that there are Trump supporters posting drivel in this thread. I did not suggest that they are the only conservatives posting drivel in this thread.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:41 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Go ahead watch it folks. Oh and its not Laura telling you this it's actual medical journals,trials and doctors saying this.
There is nothing patriotic about your dissent. The simplest method that health officials recommend for stopping the spread of the virus, is wearing a mask. Mask wearing is not a political statement it is a sign of patriots desiring to do their part for America and her citizens.

If you want to be a part of prolonging the grip this virus has on our public health, national security and economy, go ahead and flaunt your hocus pocus science from a Trump enabler on state TV, but you should know it is past time to halt insulting the intellect of Americans who truly desire to be a part of the solution and not the problem.

I wish you well, but get out of the way of Making America Well Again! America is calling and she is tired of this special kind of stupid that is dragging her over the cliff.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-17-2020 at 05:49 AM..

Old 07-17-2020, 05:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Go ahead watch it folks. Oh and its not Laura telling you this it's actual medical journals,trials and doctors saying this.
Wonder why she didn’t highlight this study.

“These results support the use of face coverings in places open to the public, especially when social distancing is not possible, to reduce spread of SARS-CoV-2," they concluded. "With the potential for pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic transmission, widespread adoption of policies requiring face coverings in public settings should be considered to reduce the impact and magnitude of additional waves of COVID-19."“

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...air-salon.html

Old 07-17-2020, 05:49 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Taiwan, practically universal mask wearing; 7 deaths

South Korea, practically universal mask wearing, under 300 deaths.

The reason Joe Biden will take the oath of office come January is people not wearing masks.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:50 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The Left are the Bullies, and control freaks. That's who is requiring team name changes, tearing down history, demanding and implementing economic crashing lock downs, calling all Americans Racist, Indoctrinating Kids, and removing whatever they don't like from society. It must be stopped, NOW.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:55 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
I agree that the left are bullies on everything you mentioned. However, masks work, they just do. If we are intellectually honest, then we have to say this news segment was misleading. Frankly, I hope (wish) that all Americans will take any kind of illness more seriously than they have in the past. I’m tired of getting the flu every year (even when getting vaccinated) because of some meathead (child friendly version) decides it’s his or her right to be out in public or go to work when sick. It reeks of the highest level of selfishness.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:58 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I agree that the left are bullies on everything you mentioned. However, masks work, they just do. If we are intellectually honest, then we have to say this news segment was misleading. Frankly, I hope (wish) that all Americans will take any kind of illness more seriously than they have in the past. I’m tired of getting the flu every year (even when getting vaccinated) because of some meathead (child friendly version) decides it’s his or her right to be out in public or go to work when sick. It reeks of the highest level of selfishness.
Where did I mention masks? If a business requires one, I wear it, if not, I don't. Pretty simple.

Old 07-17-2020, 06:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
The facts didn't change no matter what you THINK you know now. Sheeple follow what the establishment tells them to do. SOME of us can use our own brains to think for ourselves and will.
Once upon a time, no one knew that rubella caused irreparable damage to unborn children.
We know NOW that it can and does.

Once upon a time, no one knew that exposure to lead is potentially deadly.
We know NOW that it is.

Once upon a time, there was an ad that suggested that a particular type of cigarette was best for pregnant women.
We know NOW that encouraging anyone to smoke is the height of irresponsibility.

Once upon a time, no one knew that hand-washing reduces the spread of infection or that vaccines could practically eliminate illnesses that previously killed millions.
And yet, there were doctors who thought anyone who suggested same were insane.
How could anyone be harmed by something that no one could see?

Cocaine and heroin were both originally used medicinally and widely available to treat coughs, headaches, etc. Both were routinely given to children with NOW predictable results.

Did the facts change in these instances OP?

Old 07-17-2020, 06:18 AM

13,689 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Around the country we have people that wrap themselves in the American flag, and proclaim that they are willing to die for their country.

Yet, our country is literally threatened on multiple levels by this novel coronavirus, and they won't do something as simple as wearing a mask.

The anti-maskers are the ones responsible for the new surge in the virus. The surge will result in governors having to issue stay-at-home orders. Businesses will close, many will go out of business entirely. The number of people out of work will skyrocket, yet again. Our national debt will hit 30 trillion in due time.

I was all for Governor Abbot reopening the economy. What I did not foresee was the number of people that would think "the crisis is over!" and return to normal activities, such as gathering in large groups, crowding bars, etc. Yet, looking back, why would they not think that, looking at the statements by President Trump and various governors?

I'm old enough to recall when various posters herein, back in March, pointed at New York and New Jersey and proclaiming that liberal-run states were the problem; that conservative states were seemingly immune to the virus.

Today, the Republican South, from Arizona to Florida, is being crushed by new cases, by new hospitalizations, by new deaths, and by new cases of survivors whom will be disabled for years with impaired lungs, kidneys, livers, and even cognitive functioning.

Cowards will deny that this crisis is happening. It is they that refuse to wear masks, for by wearing a mask they must acknowledge the problem. And acknowledging a problem means taking responsibility, which they are loath to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies