Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 08:19 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, this thread has been helpful for my ignore list, if nothing else.

I won't waste energy on obvious and unapologetic bigots.

Carry on.
Personally, I like to know who the bigots and the anti-semites are on C-D. At least one has made himself known very clearly today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 08:20 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
Good post with good inquiries. A lot of people aren't aware of the part in bold. There has been some reclassifications and inclusions in the dictionary of the word semite, Semitic, and Jew. Very interesting what is found when looking at older definitions and then looking back to the different groups who roamed the Levant and then migration patterns. I'll find some information and post it later on.

Funny thing, I asked a question regarding the term and I did get an answer but I'm to particular to support the use of a misnomer. The ironic thing about this is that Shemitic or Semitic _____ is broad and include many types of (languages or people) so there are lots of anti-Semitic folks who don't know they are (the changed definition being propagated shaped what and how we think). Too many people think like Max Kellerman when it comes to people not knowing that there were two distinct type of "jews" (Claudius Buchanan extensively documents this in Cochin back in 1807. White Jews/Black Jews post second temple stuff and some pre Babylonian captivity OT manuscripts being found among the "black Jews" ).

I don't want to write an essay here but for a people who have a history of being scattered in many nations, it would make sense that this subject would arise. Shemites and Hamitic folks did a ton of mixing so that is there. Just have to check primary sources, migration patterns, older records and diaries/journals, etc.
Yes, there is a lot of confusion surrounding the word semite and Jew. For instance Arabs are semite, but a lot of people use the misnomer of calling them anti-Semite, when in fact they are really anti-Jew. I will to look up how Max Kellerman feels about this situation, but a lot of people don't seem to know that the Semitic population spread quite a bit. It is highly likely that Ilhan Omar has a significant amount of Semitic ancestry, but the way we think about being Semitic is highly selective and most of the time is narrowed to Ashkenazi Jews. For the record, I'm not an apologetic for anyone who has disgusting views about the Jewish population, they need to be criticized heavily. I'm an analytical person, so I can appreciate the nuance you bring into the discussion though.

Last edited by ecko_complex24; 07-18-2020 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-18-2020, 08:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Personally, I like to know who the bigots and the anti-semites are on C-D. At least one has made himself known very clearly today.
Far more than one, IMO, but I'm with you on the rest of it.

Old 07-18-2020, 08:33 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm not saying it is right, but you gotta listen to more podcasts. Podcasters like Chris Jericho have had controversial people on. He had Donald Trump Jr. on and a few flat Earthers on. I love Jericho as a wrestler and a singer and when it comes to his podcast, he's fine. Instead of asking to cancel him, I just don't listen. Trust me, when Donny Jr. was on, his Twitter and Facebook accounts were flooded with complaints by listeners.

What happened here is a LOT of people who don't listen comment on it. I do not by any means condone Professor Griff's comments whether they are from 30 years ago when Chuck D publicly fired him from Public Enemy, nor do I condone his comments today. That said, the right wingers are virtue signalling here. Many ignore anti-semitism from the far-right that believe in Illuminati similar to Griff's comments. It is only when African-Americans do that, that the right-wing attack it.

To the bold, that is a load of pig crap and you know it. Just look at this message board.
And yet here we are again completely ignoring the fact that he said melanin content shapes the character of a person. He called people savages based upon their melanin content, which isn't only offensive to white people, it's offensive to any light skinned person who had no hand in the state of their complexion. I personally don't think he should be cancelled, but I stand with the company saying that they don't want to support his work anymore. He can go on to create his own podcasts and find whatever sponsors that will still support him. I would rather hear who shares these vitriolic ideas and condemn them and their ideas, make a complete mockery of them. People who share these views about their fellow human beings deserve to have their ideas and character attacked constantly, full stop, no excuses.

This is what disgusts me about the excuses for the far left from people who are seemingly reasonable in the center left. I believe in the horseshoe theory and the fact that the far left and far right both share disgusting views on race, etc. I think these people need to be criticized and condemned, if you can't see that this creeping ideology needs to be called out, then you are helping to enable it. I will also call out anti-Jewish sentiment on both sides, you can look through my positing history where I have been very critical of it from the right, especially since a lot of them are cowardly and hide behind their dog whistles.

Old 07-18-2020, 08:50 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I think the reason you’re getting little response is because you’re splitting hairs on the term, when the topic really is the degree of Jew-hate expressed by a radio show host and his guest, and the consequences of that.
The reply was to ecko_complex 24, other folks would just assume that I'm antisemitic (I must be a terrible one because I'm not up on the antagonistic feelings towards them). It's true that I'm splitting hairs on the term because Nick did speak on this same topic and I do agree with him on that part. Yourself and the other Rachel did acknowledge it from another thread. I read little of what Nick said and his argument as a whole was frail (Nick subscribes to various ideologies from what I can tell. Like the envious snake Farrakhan).

Anyway, this "black jew" "white jew" thing is an old rivalry that seems to be resurfacing (basically the only thing in this subject I speak on).

Old 07-18-2020, 09:02 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I believe in the horseshoe theory and the fact that the far left and far right both share disgusting views on race, etc.
I agree, the far-left and far-right aren't as far apart as people think. I found this article incredibly interesting. It basically talks about how Hitler convinced the communists in Berlin to join him.

https://www.spiegel.de/international...-a-866793.html

Quote:
I will also call out anti-Jewish sentiment on both sides, you can look through my positing history where I have been very critical of it from the right, especially since a lot of them are cowardly and hide behind their dog whistles.
But is there any criticism of Judaism that is valid?

In a debate Sam Harris had with Cenk Uygur, I thought one of his arguments was interesting. He said, "Imagine if could go back a thousand years and hand a group of people a copy of the Quran; Would you be surprised if in the present they were living like ISIS?"

His point was, beliefs matter. What is the real difference between Islam, Judaism, and Christianity, and how do those differences manifest themselves in the real world?

The part I was talking about starts at around ~26:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVl3BJoEoAU

Last edited by Redshadowz; 07-18-2020 at 09:17 AM..

Old 07-18-2020, 11:16 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,709 times
Quote:
Yes, there is a lot of confusion surrounding the word semite and Jew. For instance Arabs are semite, but a lot of people use the misnomer of calling them anti-Semite, when in fact they are really anti-Jew. I will to look up how Max Kellerman feels about this situation, but a lot of people don't seem to know that the Semitic population spread quite a bit. It is highly likely that Ilhan Omar has a significant amount of Semitic ancestry, but the way we think about being Semitic is highly selective and most of the time is narrowed to Ashkenazi Jews. For the record, I'm not an apologetic for anyone who has disgusting views about the Jewish population, they need to be criticized heavily. I'm an analytical person, so I can appreciate the nuance you bring into the discussion though.
Yep, we're on the same page. I don't advocate support violence against them. Semitic and Semite are things that we cherry-pick with like you said and that's an error to me (the word Jew became an umbrella term for all the 12 sons and descendants sometime in the 1500s). Anti-Semitism as defined by the Encyclopedia Britannica is a good read. In the same article, there is a point made where converts and children of converts were discriminated against for "their supposed biological characteristics." I have no qualms with Jewish people here in America. Corey Gil-Shuster had this street interview which was eye opening (a Jewish guy would actually converse with others Jewish people on that). The clip of Harry Rosenberg, here is something that I'm sure these "black" celebrities have seen. There's a lot of things out there and I'm sure my entire post will weakly be accused of being anti but I'm just presenting some info out that shows that there's weight to the claim. Many people are skeptical of the claims and not all so-called Blacks would fit or may be converts themselves but Max Kellerman just dismissed this notion and many viewed a "black" person in America claiming links to Israel as Anti-___.

I have more but I'm writing a lot already.

Last edited by Chevalier de Saint-George; 07-18-2020 at 12:25 PM..

Old 07-18-2020, 11:23 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Brace yourself.

Just another example of why the black race will never, and can never get along with anyone else, and if their self-murder statistics are any indication, themselves either.

I have abandoned all hope and even don't even give a damn anymore.

Great job, Nick.

Old 07-18-2020, 01:10 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Public Enemy ft Big Daddy Kane & Ice Cube - Burn Hollywood Burn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies