Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 11:23 AM

57,343 posts, read 26,255,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
You don't get it...Even if Trump had been brilliant enough to issue and executive order to stop riots and demonstrations....the irresponsible leftists would not have obeyed it

But he could have issued a consistent message on masks and followed his own experts advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 11:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...we're being told that simply wearing face masks will stop the virus. SEA countries results back in January-February seem to bear this out. Many countries did not shut down, did not destroy their economy-wore masks and their cases died out very quickly. They tested incoming travelers, isolated those that tested positive.

Instead...we listened to our CDC and other "experts" such as Dr. Fauci. We were told for months that masks didn't work and that we should not wear them. The CDC said "we got this" regarding developing test kits-and screwed the pooch hard, costing us a month when testing might have actually allowed us to isolate infected individuals and shut down income travel from infected areas.

Instead, we "shut down" our economy for months. Put 30 million Americans out of work. Destroyed hundreds of thousands of small businesses, and destroyed the life's work and savings of many. We let violent criminals out of prison and jails, out of concern for their safety. Criminals that have gone on to commit more crimes, and slaughter more innocent people.

If simply wearing a mask works....

Why did we destroy our economy?

Why did we cost 30 million people their income?

Why did we destroy the life's work of so many people?

Why did we close schools, sacrificing the education of our youth?

Why did we deny graduating seniors a graduation ceremony? If masks protect BLM/Pantifa rioters and grocery store workers, why not a graduation?

Rather than releasing criminals and sacrificing the safety and security of American citizens...why didn't we hand out masks in our jails and prisons?

And if mask work...why are some states threatening to "roll back" phased openings?

Finally-if masks work-why do we need to vote by mail?

It's hard to ignore or cover up just how much the "experts" have gotten wrong. Masks don't work. Don't touch anything! Wash hands every 5 minutes (we now know the Chinabug doesn't readily transmit from surfaces). Asymptomatic carriers are a huge risk...until they aren't. Antibody tests are critical to know how widespread this is...yet we don't have any widespread studies. Is it simple incompetence from our CDC and other government experts? Or something more? Oh-and since we know that this bug isn't readily transmitted from surfaces...just why are some places going "cashless"? And how is handling cash more dangerous than punching buttons on a keypad that everyone uses?
I don't think CDC has any clue nor does WHO, but as for our country, and I hate to say this: I think the left will dwell on anything they think will damage Trump. No, I am not saying they are responsible for this, but I do think the media has blown things out of the water and the Dems want to bring back the shut downs so the economy won't continue to improve and it will make it easier for them to oust our president.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:59 AM

1,154 posts, read 367,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think CDC has any clue nor does WHO, but as for our country, and I hate to say this: I think the left will dwell on anything they think will damage Trump. No, I am not saying they are responsible for this, but I do think the media has blown things out of the water and the Dems want to bring back the shut downs so the economy won't continue to improve and it will make it easier for them to oust our president.
When a relative, who works in public health, called me in mid-February and told me that COVID-19 was real and that I needed to prepare myself and my family, Trump was the last thing on my mind. I took her advice and started battening down the hatches. I was prepared when the lockdown came, and I’ve continued replenishing our supplies in the intervening months because I have no doubt that we’re headed for another one this fall. I suggest you stop worrying so much about Trump’s political future and start doing the same.

Old 07-18-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
When a relative, who works in public health, called me in mid-February and told me that COVID-19 was real and that I needed to prepare myself and my family, Trump was the last thing on my mind. I took her advice and started battening down the hatches. I was prepared when the lockdown came, and I’ve continued replenishing our supplies in the intervening months because I have no doubt that we’re headed for another one this fall. I suggest you stop worrying so much about Trump’s political future and start doing the same.
And I can come back with 2 examples of family members who are also in the medical field: one says, regardless what we do we are all likely to get the virus sooner or later anyway, but the good news is; the majority of us may not even know we have it and the second person, who lives in CA. said she has now been working hours at the hospital and very few who do get it will even be really sick. Yes, regardless of how real it is and of course it is real, it is also being blown out of proportion by the media and other sources.

BTW did I ever even indicate I didn't lock down for a period of time or not take this seriously. My point is, the over reaction also appears to be brought on by those who want to believe the worse. The media and the Biden supporters are doing what the can to continue to spread 1/2 truths.

Old 07-18-2020, 12:37 PM

2,450 posts, read 974,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yes, million upon millions infected...............and a whopping 135K deaths recorded over about a
5 month period.

But if we get that evil Donnyorangeloaf outta-there, it is all worth it.
That pretty much sums up the plan. Yea, the COVID19 is a new virus that spreads quickly and infects many people differently. This entire boondoggle enabled the leftist in the federal government, and the democrat governors to enact a fundamental change in this country. In less than 3 months our basic freedom to travel from state to state has been reduced, we were ordered to stay in our homes, our religious freedoms have been oppressed, while insurrections across our country happen and are supported by the Marxist left.

I have lived through all the most recent "pandemics" which have had similar rates of transmission and death toll. Our lives, livelihood, and economy weren't decimated and their wasn't an insurrection. Why is this different? Because ever since Trump rode that escalataor he has been draining the swamp and exposing BOTH sides of the political parties for the frauds that they are. These people, mostly Democrats will do nothing to stop this President from achieving his goals.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:03 PM

25,460 posts, read 9,825,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Tell that to the families of the people who have died from Covid or to people who have long-lasting effects. So the left has infiltrated the entire world with this hoax? Is that what you're saying? Because the last time I looked, lots of countries and economies have suffered from Covid.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:05 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,992,785 times
No. COVID Is going to destroy most of the country regardless.

Old 07-18-2020, 08:50 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,537,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
But he could have issued a consistent message on masks and followed his own experts advice.
You mean the experts that said we shouldn't wear masks? That instead we should "lock down" destroy our economy, put 30 million Americans out of work? Those experts?

We "humored" the experts by following their advice. We DIDN'T rush out to get masks because they said we didn't need them. We destroyed our economy because they said we needed to. We washed our hands every 15 minutes because the experts said it was spread from touching surfaces. WE PUT COVID POSITIVE PATIENTS IN NURSING HOMES because the experts said so. We didn't let universities or private companies because the government experts said "we got this" concerning developing tests.

The reasons people are finally pushing back against the "experts" about masks is because those same experts have screwed the pooch and gotten virtually everything wrong about the response to this virus.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Tell that to the families of the people who have died from Covid or to people who have long-lasting effects. So the left has infiltrated the entire world with this hoax? Is that what you're saying? Because the last time I looked, lots of countries and economies have suffered from Covid.
This is what is wrong with people who do not read or correctly:: Show me where I said or even indicated this was a hoax or not a real concern. Or show me where I said the left inflated the issue? I have said, the left an that mainly being the media has not been able to let it go and continue to use it as the front page news daily I think it is time to get on with life. Are you old enough to remember polio or the 1950's Asian flu, which killed over a million people? Never were we exposed to all this publicity and yes, I do blame the coverage on the left. As has been said; they will do whatever to stop Trump. Never have I said the virus was a hoax or not real. I do believe the figures of deaths and positive results have been handled poorly.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:46 AM

57,343 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean the experts that said we shouldn't wear masks? That instead we should "lock down" destroy our economy, put 30 million Americans out of work? Those experts?

We "humored" the experts by following their advice. We DIDN'T rush out to get masks because they said we didn't need them. We destroyed our economy because they said we needed to. We washed our hands every 15 minutes because the experts said it was spread from touching surfaces. WE PUT COVID POSITIVE PATIENTS IN NURSING HOMES because the experts said so. We didn't let universities or private companies because the government experts said "we got this" concerning developing tests.

The reasons people are finally pushing back against the "experts" about masks is because those same experts have screwed the pooch and gotten virtually everything wrong about the response to this virus.

Did you ever come up with your sources that have been claiming for months not to wear a mask, you disappeared from that thread. Time to give that a break along with your nursing home claims.

Yes you should listen to the experts the messaging on masks and distancing have been very consistent for months now. Problem is these governors thought they could ignore the guidance, it doesn't take much thought to understand what happened in these hot states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies