Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 02:26 AM

29,607 posts, read 16,577,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How the tide has turned.

Now, everyone who was making fun of people for having their "emotional support animals" last year, have all come down with severe panic disorders. Or religious reasons to not wear a mask (whatever those might be).
99% of people have no problem with someone having an emotional support dog, however. Im really doubting the person with with a bright pick dog carrying case, with a chihuahua who barks at every passing person is actually telling the truth about that animal being an emotional support pet.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:20 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,882,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Do pickup. Your condition does not give you a right to risk others health. Anyway, get over it. You're grown up now.
Nah, I like to pick out my own stuff, from the clearance meat, also produce. Otherwise, as much of a recluse as I am, I would SO do delivery. I do use it (Amazon) for mostly everything else, non edibles.

Wish it worked like that (get over it). When that kinda stuff happens in very early (in my case infancy, on through childhood) years, it creates weird phobias that never go away. Be glad and grateful to God that you cannot relate.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 07-20-2020 at 05:41 AM..

Old 07-20-2020, 07:11 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,094,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The right wing wack job right not to wear a mask ends when that person is endangering me. I am compromised, and you bet an issue will be made of that.
Quote:
A'yup. It's my life and health, and you don't get to endanger it. Sorry bud, that's the way she rolls.
But... but.... you can certainly protect yourself by staying home, right? It’s your life so you should protect it. We have no legal, moral or ethical obligation to do so when that ability is well within your power to easily do so, Karen. Any “endangering” is on you by your choosing to be in an environment where you are unsafe, whether that danger is real or imagined.

You sure don’t sound very compromised to me.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:13 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Trumpies, don’t give a damn about three trillion dollar deficits but wearing a little mask makes them cry like a baby.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:14 AM

30,195 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
I truly do have a severe panic disorder; the reason anything over my face is a trigger (and not the only trigger, sadly) is my Mother was fond of holding pillows over my face until I blacked out. I cannot wear turtlenecks nor scarves, either.

So order Walmart online and have it delivered. Be a patriot not a virus spreader.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:15 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
But... but.... you can certainly protect yourself by staying home, right? It’s your life so you should protect it. We have no legal, moral or ethical obligation to do so when that ability is well within your power to easily do so, Karen. Any “endangering” is on you by your choosing to be in an environment where you are unsafe, whether that danger is real or imagined.

You sure don’t sound very compromised to me.
When people have to stay home to stay away from the irresponsible nutcases businesses suffer.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:20 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Of course they say that, and they’d be stupid not to. They don’t want to be sued if someone catches it.
Bingo, reps to you.

Further, the masks aren't intended to protect the wearer from contracting SARS-CoV-2, which is exactly what the warning is saying. Blame the US for being an overly-litigious and overly-uneducated society.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:24 AM

303 posts, read 111,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Bingo, reps to you.

Further, the masks aren't intended to protect the wearer from contracting SARS-CoV-2, which is exactly what the warning is saying. Blame the US for being an overly-litigious and overly-uneducated society.
Keep blaming other people for proper breathing through unobstructed vital airways.

If you don't want to be around breathers, you're on the wrong planet.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:45 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
Keep blaming other people for proper breathing through unobstructed vital airways.

If you don't want to be around breathers, you're on the wrong planet.
Uh, what?

I'm not blaming anyone for.... well.... anything.

I was addressing Torn2Pieces' incorrect interpretation of the warning on the box of masks.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:46 AM

17,452 posts, read 14,686,180 times
Quote:
A'yup. It's my life and health, and you don't get to endanger it. Sorry bud, that's the way she rolls.
You know what works better than masks?

Staying away from people.

So instead of getting in people's faces about them not wearing a mask or allowing people to not wear a mask, why don't you keep your distance, keep your crazy to yourself and go about your business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies