Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 12:44 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Business Insider?
Far left website despite the name. As anti-Trump as Vox.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:45 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
My post had nothing to do with blame. It had everything to do with how this country actually works. Why can no one ever actually come back and discuss the substance of what I post. Instead I get this. Please, engage me in actual debate instead of simply throwing out more Trump-hating nonsense. Blame, blame, blame. Exactly. That's all I got from your post. No debate, no new information, just "Trump sucks" basically. And why is that? Because what I said was the plain and simple truth. The law of the land. The pure essence of what our country is based upon. The federal government has specific powers. All other powers not specifically given to the federal government are held by each individual state, and the people. That and that alone was the substance of my post, and it wasn't addressed in any way with this response.

https://medium.com/@faizan81/federal...t-d9d8074edd75

From the link provided above:

"The power of the federal government to regulate and make laws is limited by the U.S. Constitution, which grants express and implied powers to regulate. Express powers are granted to the U.S. Congress in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution, which gives Congress the right to regulate such matters as the coining of money, the post office, and the military.
Along with the express powers, the federal government also has the power to make all laws that are necessary and proper for executing any of the stated powers. When Congress makes laws under this provision, it is using its implied powers. Implied powers must be related to one of the express powers.
Matters that are not within the express or implied powers of the federal government are generally left to the states to regulate. The Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
So you are saying those governors are complaining that the President isn't giving them political cover to make unpopular decisions?

Old 07-21-2020, 12:50 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,958 times
BebOp thread. Synonymous with unbalanced lefty news.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:54 PM

19,228 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The potus is leading ... Basically your saying he is leading 'only' if he is doing it your way.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

The thing is, by the law, they don't have to follow his lead and they're complaining about this?
You call his action leading, by what standard? I have seen Boy Scout assembly's show more leadership than this clown. They don't have to follow his lead which is good because there is none, he should set a standard for others to follow not politicize the disease as he has done.

Where he has lead is making this country a laughing stock among world leaders, but we are number 1 in World Deaths from Covid-19, and the World Leader in Cases but I know that's because we are #1 in testing.....

Old 07-21-2020, 12:57 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,485,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No scientific evidence showing wearing mask helps.

Furthermore, if you need the president to lead you in a health problem, you have a far more serious issue than the COVID 19.
I don't need him to lead me, but his dumbass base apparently needs the example. Monkey see, monkey do.

Old 07-21-2020, 01:02 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Feel the insanity!
The only "insanity" is what is going on in Biden's basement and in the crazy leftist activists!

Old 07-21-2020, 01:03 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No, it can’t. Not without a specific law in place to say it can.

You guys are clueless about how the country works but somehow you have opinions on how it should work.

Having voters like you is why this country has been going downhill.
Does the congress have the duty to monitor how federal funds are spent?

Old 07-21-2020, 01:15 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
The hard reality is anyone who has put critical thought into this knows Trump needs to go. The only people left supporting Trump are those who put 'winning against the liberals' over doing what's rationally best for the country, in this specific election cycle.
The problem is the "liberals" are not doing what's rationally best in my opinion they are doing what is worse for the country. Take a look around you. Portland, NYC, Chicago, California etc.

Trump is not my first choice but he is far ahead of a person heading into dementia who most likely will have a choice to replace him who is scarier than him.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:21 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
So you are saying those governors are complaining that the President isn't giving them political cover to make unpopular decisions?
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies