Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 08:12 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,679,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
And we could suggest to do movie titled "Escape from Chicago" featuring Snake Plissen in the Windy city.
Would love to see a reboot of Escape from New York...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 08:54 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,733,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Whenever I see posts like this by conservatives, with a sole purpose of trying to make black people look bad....

I can't help but wonder if they understand why AAs vote overwhelmingly democrat. The same far-right conservatives that love to point out every inner-city shooting statistic they can are probably the same people who say "Trump loves the blacks!"

Per usual, a lot of conservatives only pretend to care about black people when it's convenient politically for them. The rest of the time, low-income black people in inner-cities are "out of control thugs."
You don't think BLM makes black people look bad? They have riots for the 14 unarmed black people shot by cops per year and say nothing about the 7000 murders of black people every year, overwhelmingly caused by other black people

Old 07-23-2020, 09:01 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,632,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like what? I have my personal opinions, while you guys simply repeat what you hear from the Russo-American RW propaganda outlets.

Usually it would lie with the people who commit the crime, but blame-shifter always find someone else to blame.

"Don't blame the gun, blame the guy who pulled the trigger" Oh, wait, is the mayor a Dem?

"Yes"

"Ok, let me clarify. Don't blame the gun, or the gun-man blame the Mayor"

See how ridiculous this propaganda is? You have dragged the goal posts to the edge of the world.

No, I am ok with Feds in Chicago, since they will not be running around in combat gear and rifles. They will be helping investigate the crimes. Nothing wrong with that.

I said the presence of the feds has escalated the situation, which is factually correct, and the same will happen in other cities as soon as the Trump-Troopers go in. IMO, the whole protesting thing will become about the Feds.

Yes, I don't live anywhere near Portland, but I know people who live there, and they live normal lives. They stay away from the riot areas at night, which are around a limited area in the city.

Stop. I don't read RW anything. I'm a MODERATE Democrat, as I've posted a million times over the years.

The blame is with criminals and those allowing criminal behavior, i.e. the Democratic mayors and Governors who have told the police to do nothing.

A very simple concept even a child would understand.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What YOU are spreading is propaganda, Finn. And I'm starting to see that your thinking is really off when I read your posts both here and in the Portland thread.

The blame for the violence and murders and destruction to our cities during the past two months lies solely with the Democratic Mayors and Governors who did nothing to stop those hijacking peaceful protests.

Murders have been reduced because of abortions and a crime bill that targeted and incarcerated millions of black males.

But let's forget that - what difference does it make that murders have been reduced when they still exist and babies are now dying?

You don't like the feds being brought in but had no problem with everything happening prior to that - which is why the feds were brought in. Now you're saying the protests in Portland are because of the presence of the feds - when the feds haven't been there since the end of May.

I'm guessing you don't live or work anywhere near an impacted area so what do you care?
This thread is about Chicago. Its gun violence substantially predates BLM and protests by decades.

This violence is primarily gang violence, black gang violence upon black people, many of whom were/ are affiliated with gangs.

Most shootings are drive byes and over within seconds.

The unfortunate part is that some victims were in the wrong place at the wrong time, subjects of misidentification and/ or bad shots.

Most shootings are unresolved. Witnesses rarely come forward because they protect their friends and families or out of fear of retaliation.

80% of gun violence happens on 8% of the city’s blocks ( thousands of blocks).

A 3 year old, traveling in his father’s car was one of the fatalities Over the 4 th July weekend.

Kiddo lived with his mother in a safe suburb. His bio father picked him up and brought him back to his inner city neighborhood. Shots were fired from another car. It is believed the father ( gang affiliated) was the target. Shots missed him and hit the child. It’s probably likely the father’s gang retaliated.

How exactly does any LE prevent a targeted shoot from a moving vehicle that vanishes in seconds? There are instances where LE are present on the block while a shooting occurs at the other end. Blink and the shooters vanish.

There is no way to police the way out of this.

Again, the shootings have nothing to do with BLM or protests.

These are like tots playing in a sand box. One calls another a Poo- Poo Head. The “ disrespected” tot feels compelled to react and starts shooting.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:34 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,386,069 times
The icing on the cake was the return fire from the "mourners".

I know I go to weddings, bar mitzvahs, and funerals strapped up but that's just in case an impromptu skeet session happens.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

I know I go to weddings, bar mitzvahs, and funerals strapped up but that's just in case an impromptu skeet session happens.
Apparently they're doing the same.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Stop. I don't read RW anything. I'm a MODERATE Democrat, as I've posted a million times over the years.

The blame is with criminals and those allowing criminal behavior, i.e. the Democratic mayors and Governors who have told the police to do nothing.

A very simple concept even a child would understand.
As it relates to Chicago’s track record of absolute number of shootings ( very different than the rate when applied to the entire city population), I am unaware of any Governor or mayor who have told the Police to do nothing.

Former Illinois Republican Governor declined to put the state national guard on the street. He believed it would be provocative and lead to worse outcomes, over time.

80% of the gun violence occurs on 8% of the city’s blocks ( thousands of blocks). There are cameras on many of these blocks. Most shootings are drive- bye and the vehicles used tend to be stolen. Car theft has exploded all over the country in recent years. These thefts are certainly not limited to the city. Organized crime , often very young teens who will not be charged as adults, are the primary criminals.

Police corruption in Chicago is legendary. The union for CPD has long blamed gun violence on whomever was mayor. The gloves have come off as it relates to the current mayor. She was in charge of the city’s police conduct review board that recommended disciplinary action for police misconduct. She has a history of criticizing the union for the police Code of Silence.

The city has paid out $ hundreds of millions in settlements to victims of police misconduct.

The culture within gangs and the police rely on a similar Code of Silence.

Speculation on my part the percentage of corrupt officers and the percentage of black people who affiliate with gangs may be similar. Neither represents the face of all cops or the black population.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:54 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,938,887 times
News item said members at the funeral returned fire. Definitely gang-related.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
News item said members at the funeral returned fire. Definitely gang-related.
And the deceased was killed in a homicide, so that was probably also gang related.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:58 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,661,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

But if they were Italian they would make 3 movies about this and people would love it.

Crime isn’t new.. not sure why people think throwing it on BLM is going to work. I know it will but that’s because some people want to blame BLM for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies