Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 09:33 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
and how did any of those Democrat backed "shockers" advance America and its people? All they served to do was to bring us all down and divide us further.

What were the Dems doing when the Corona first popped up? They were locked in the basement of the House debating the political pros and cons of impeaching Trump on some stupid charges.

Trump certainly has his issues but the Democrats have done nothing in the last 4 years but try to denounce and destroy the President. The Kavanaugh hearings were a political circus and the only positive to come out of that was that all women should be believed until the evidence is carefully weighed but when Biden was accused of jacking an intern up against a wall there was nothing to see because she is a lying bimbo??

I'm just pointing out that given everything we have been dragged through since 2016 is the doing of the Democrats.
So there is nothing in my comment #2 that you understand? Anything?

Do you really think any half-a-brain couldn't write up a narrative exactly like you do, only to denounce Trump rather than praise him? Point the finger at Republicans rather than Democrats?

Without at least some basic level of recognition about this confirmation bias dynamic, there really is no point in attempting a reasoned discussion about any of this. Is there?

Also maybe at a minimum we should all appreciate what a "peaceful transfer of power" really means. Especially as compared to those countries where power is not transferred at all. Count your blessings! After Trump won the election, America carried on pretty much the same as before for all practical purposes. The vast great majority of Americans, well beyond what Fox News always wants to get conservatives riled up about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 09:54 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,389,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
It seems to be a common inclination for conservatives to point at the friction that comes with the transfer of power as if that's somehow the fault of one side over the other when American history has always been the story of much discord along those lines. The Civil War a great example...

"Corona fallout that the Dems seem to be applauding?" Talk about confirmation bias! Did nothing in my prior comment resonate even just a little with you about that?

Though nothing really new in America all considered, it's truly amazing for me to see how this dynamic continues to play out the way it does. Facts, reasons and logic be damned, the great ideological divide and the confirmation bias that makes it so forever rules the day. Amazing, truly sad and a very real problem here in America. Now much as ever...
The Democratic mindset. Emotions rule and the primary emotion is anger.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:57 AM

1,707 posts, read 2,984,180 times
Trump MUST BE removed from office. And MANY Republicans know this and agree.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
The Democratic mindset. Emotions rule and the primary emotion is anger.
Seems you're not following along too well either. Not even up to my comment just before yours...

Old 07-26-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
Trump MUST BE removed from office. And MANY Republicans know this and agree.
Sarah, a lifelong Republican from Mechanicsburg, Pa., looks pained as she says in a video that she will vote for Democrat Joe Biden over President Donald Trump. “He says he puts America first, but it’s clear he only knows how to put Trump first,†she says.

It might have been the work of Democrats. But the ad, set to begin running Monday in Pennsylvania, was produced by Republican Voters Against Trump (RVAT), a group waging guerrilla warfare within the GOP.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pe...-20200724.html

Old 07-26-2020, 10:43 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Biden is a DISASTER! Nothing "CLOSE" about him winning, EVER!

Old 07-26-2020, 10:45 AM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
One of my biggest concerns these days is that the next election be close, because...

If it is close and Trump loses, we all know what sort of conspiracy hell will be unleashed by all too many Americans who seem to be fully into that sort of thing. If it is close and Trump wins, we all know what sort of protest hell will be unleashed by all too many Americans already taking to the street. My wish is that the winner win by a landslide so that perhaps we can at least have a clear mandate as to what America mostly wants in terms of direction. What the clear majority of Americans want.

Or no doubt there will be hell to pay...
There has been a conspiracy hoax for the last 3.5 years. What makes you think the Republicans are as totally deranged as the Democrats?

Old 07-26-2020, 10:47 AM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I don't believe there will ever be another election that ISN'T close.

No more landslides at the highest level.
If Biden comes out of the basement and starts speaking, Trump will win reelection in a landslide, picking up a least another half dozen states over last time.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:53 AM

866 posts, read 319,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
You are either for law and order or you are for anarchy in the streets. it is pretty basic.
It's really this simple. Trump is flawed but the left has gone so far off the rails that there really is no choice for any sane person.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If Biden comes out of the basement and starts speaking, Trump will win reelection in a landslide, picking up a least another half dozen states over last time.
Funny, because many believe the smartest thing for Biden to do is let Trump do the talking. Seems to be working in Biden's favor so far anyway. Besides, let's face it (and back to more my focus here generally speaking)...

Confirmation bias rules the day and as such, no matter what Trump or Biden says, we tend to hear (or not hear) what fits our predetermined opinion and perspective about such things. We could probably hear in the news tonight that Trump shot someone on 5th avenue, and Trump supporters would immediately think the victim had it coming while Biden supporters would continue to think something else entirely.

I mean right?

As I sign off now, again here's hoping whomever wins does so by a wide margin, because at best we need a better understanding of which direction America wants to go into the future. I think the world wants to know too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies