Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 10:11 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Baron Trump attends St Andrews in suburban Maryland. the school announced that they will be doing majority virtual classes this fall, with the possibility of some "hybrid shifts" in which kids will alternate days in small groups in shifts one or two days a week while some kids will remain 100% virtual. This is all due to concerns over COVID-19.

So the President of the United States said yesterday that he wants to see schools open nationwide, over 30,000,000 children, in classroms this fall. But when it comes to his OWN KID, Baron Trump will likely be taking virtual classes safely from home this fall.

More "do as I say, not as I do" from Trump. More hypocrisy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...-says-it-wont/

https://people.com/politics/barron-t...ool-this-fall/
TDS on full display. So I guess you expect him to FORCE the school to open eh? What is it with wanting to use violence and people on the left? Goodness.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:26 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
TDS on full display. So I guess you expect him to FORCE the school to open eh? What is it with wanting to use violence and people on the left? Goodness.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of a president telling public schools to reopen while his son goes online.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:45 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Betsy Devos says if schools refuse to reopen for in-person learning, they need to lose funding and parents need to look for schools that are making the decision to reopen. Will the trumps follow her advice?

Old 07-25-2020, 05:50 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
It is a different world with rich people. The Trump's could not hire a private Tutor to teach Barron while his private school is closed? They can't if his school is closed in the Fall? Other wealthy parents at this school cannot do the same? No Tutor would ever teach children in their own homes because of coronavirus?

I can remember past Presidents children had Nannies while living in the White House. If not a college educated Nanny, why not a Tutor? Sure, these kids will not have the socialization of a school, but they will be educated. Their wealthy parents will make sure of it.

Just out of college, my daughter applied for job as a live in Nanny to a couple with young children in Manhattan. They wanted her to teach the children as well attend to their needs. $75,000 a year salary, Room and Board, and Health Benefits. She was required to have a Passport to travel with them. Ah, the lives of the rich but not so famous. Daughter did not take the job because she got engaged and could not live in.

I highly doubt the rules that apply to majority of parents will apply to Barron, or most at his school.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:01 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
What is this deep state. Maybe I'm the deep state and don't even know it?

If he was that committed to the concept of every child attending school, he would find a school that was open. That would be the type of grand gesture that supporters (and nonsupporters) would be impressed by. I know I would be blown away if he did something like that because I don't generally believe the stuff that comes out of his mouth. This would be a game changer for me.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:15 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
What is it that Trump did that wasn't consistent with what he said?
Was it not his Secretary of Education who was saying its mandatory that schools open gets get back to them? Did not both the President and Secretary of Education imply that funding to schools could be cut if they don't reopen?

Old 07-25-2020, 06:26 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
All you sobbing Democrats need to get your kids back in school.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:41 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
"isn't that special"

The things that going to school is supposed to protect at -risk children from will still be waiting for them when they get off the bus and return home. They have no internet to help them with their home work and no way to get to the public library. No parental supervision due to either single parents or parents who work more than one job. No food. Sexual abuse. All those things can happen on the weekend too. Its a sad state of affairs when "any school" is considered safer than a kids home. I have been many inner city schools and to be quite honest it felt a little like being in lock down with 2500-5000 teen age kids.

This pandemic has giving us on a silver platter the perfect opportunity to reinvent the education of children. Instead it has created policy making that vacillates between school are bad but they are better than being at home. Why is it that we don't make these assumptions about homes where home schooling takes place?

The pandemic has opened up all the old wounds that have never healed. Our schools, our healthcare, and our children's health, education and welfare are all not not prepared to single highhandedly carry the weight of a pandemic.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:42 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
but not trump's kid? Choice for me but not for thee?

It's like the way he and everyone around him can get multiple covid tests a day if they want, but he says testing isn't important and we are testing too much in this country.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:52 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You may be the only one sobbing. Sobbing with laughter from all you LoLs and emojis from very all of your posts. I’m picturing, from your posts, that you spend your day jumping up and down LOLing. Good for you to be so jolly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies