Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 08:48 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,266,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Not as LOL as I am right now...Good Bye.
Loving that you are so happy. Keep on laughing.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:48 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, simply because Baron Trump does not fit in the categories of kids that desperately need to return to school:
  • He gets fed everyday.
  • He has reliable internet service.
  • He does not have to compete with a working-at-home parent or siblings who are also supposed to take internet classes to use an internet capable device.
  • His parents do not need him to return to school in order to be able to return to work.
  • Some adult makes sure he does his work.
  • I doubt he is already academically behind.
  • I doubt he needs special education services.
  • Nothing about him indicates he is in danger of being physically abused in his home.
  • I doubt he is at risk of being sexually abused.
  • I highly doubt he is spending his former school time running around with older gang members.
I would imagine most, if not all, of those factors are true for just about every other student at his school. The more at-risk a child is the more they need to return to school.

While I think the kids need to go back to the maximum extent possible, as soon as possible, I also think every district should have a virtual option for parents to choose if they are concerned about their child’s health or the risk to another family member. This way the decision of what is in the best interest of a particular child is in the hands of the folks it belongs to - the parents or guardians. It takes the politics out of it.
^^^Great post. I’m not surprised you feel this way with your experience as an educator.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:49 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,998,550 times
Its a hoax isn't it? Surely the orange goblin will risk the health of his son for a hoax

Its no different than these goofs sending kids to war to die to further corporate and political agendas and they wont even send their own kids. LOL. Funny how that works. Send your kids to the frontlines if the war is "justified". Send your kids to the most populated public school WITHOUT masks if its all a hoax.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:02 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
If Donald Trump was saying all schools will be virtual learning this year because of Covid, liberals would be protesting that poor and middle class students need to go to school and he was harming poor people. Instead he’s saying they should open so people who ought to reason through this and understand the implications are now saying opening schools is wrong. It’s bizarro world.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:02 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,676,843 times
LOL. Would we have expected something else?

Old 07-25-2020, 09:15 AM

10,247 posts, read 6,340,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So what? Rich people can afford to have tutors or help so they can go to work. Opening public schools is essential to kids’ health and education, and poor and middle class people cannot afford to hire help to teach their kids so they can earn a living. Many people cannot afford to have one parent stay home to teach kids. And what about single parents who have to earn a living? Don’t you see this is about poor and middle class? The rich could have tutors at home like they used to do, while the rest remained illiterate or barely literate.
Exactly! I was a 1:1 Special Ed TA to a little boy with Autism and made $14/hour. His independently wealthy parents asked me if I was willing to come to their home to work with their son on holidays and school breaks. They offered to pay me $50/hour. When I was speechless, they asked if I wanted more money than that? This family already had a live in Nanny, and daily Housekeeper.

Oh, it gets better. Parents decided they wanted to home school him instead. They did it themselves? lol Hire a Tutor? They hired his Special Ed Teacher from the Public School and paid him twice his annual salary, plus benefits. He quit his school job. As he said to me, if I can make twice my salary teaching ONE child instead of a classroom full, why not? The boy already knew and liked him.

As I said, the general public has no idea what lives rich people lead. They and their children won't suffer. It is the poor and middle class families who will from shutting down the schools.

Edit: This little boy was unvaccinated as well. Not saying how his parents got around that. In addition, he did not go to a Pediatrician's practice, the Pediatrician came to his HOME. Think insurance paid for that?

Old 07-25-2020, 09:18 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,539,306 times
Leftist lying liars, at it again.

/close thread.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,857,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
That's been St. Andrews plan for months, long before President Trump expressed a desire.

But to no one's surprise, the rabid liberals have immediately started screaming that it was Donald Trump's fault.

Like Pavlov's dogs, you ring a bell, and liberals immediately start drooling lies and smears about Donald Trump all over the carpet.
I heard it is actually Melania and Donald screaming that Barron will be hanging around.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:49 AM

10,247 posts, read 6,340,479 times
Quote:
^^^Great post. I’m not surprised you feel this way with your experience as an educator.
I will second that as a Retired Special Ed TA and the Grandma of a child on the Spectrum. YES, to Old Hag. Barron Trump will be just fine. While I immensely dislike his Father, you cannot put the "sins" of the parent onto an innocent child.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:00 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,195,599 times
Quote:
I feel that way because I was an educator and therefore know that school closures impact students from different demographics differently. The problem is the most vocal screaming about “endangering our children” are the ones whose children did just fine with virtual schooling. The parents and guardians of the kids most needing to return tend to be voiceless, or unfortunately, don’t care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies