Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 06:36 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No need for tear gas if the lily white lefty idiots hadn't been rioting, vandalizing, burning, assaulting, etc. No riot = no tear gas. Can we make it any simpler so you can somehow understand?
They can't , it's like a mental block or something. Have to give it to these types of people though, they stick to their fabricated story. We've seen plenty of videos of the rioting, people destroying property, assaulting and antagonizing the police. They will show a video of this happening, and focus on the one person that might not have been doing anything, that is surrounded by rioters and when the whole group gets pepper sprayed they will flail about screaming about that one innocent protester that was "just standing there" that got sprayed. That BS might have flown in the beginning, but I think rational Americans are starting to see through the BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 07:05 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
I’m libertarian. I don’t have a problem with left-wing extremists burning down the Federal government. I’m just surprised liberals are down with it. Strange days . . . .

- Thomas Jefferson

They don't want to refresh the tree of liberty.

They want to set it on fire.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:24 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
we've been saying this for how long now? These riots are neo-Marxists using Black people for their political gain, as is BLM Org which wants to destroy families when single parent households are the biggest contributor to misery in the Black community

Professor: Focus of Portland protests increasingly frustrating Black community
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...1-cbb71da9410e

“It’s almost as though the African American community has become forgotten in large part, and the people who have now taken center stage may not be aware of their own privilege in directing this movement into something that was not intended," Jackson said. "And there is the real fear that this is going to have a backlash to not only how people look at the Black Lives Matter movement but how they look at Portland.”

watch video
We blacks are used by everyone, even other blacks. It’s a real privilege... being used.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:49 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And who are a significant minority of those protesting legally, but they are all being gassed, and utterly innocent folks are getting beaten with batons and pepper sprayed.

Simply brilliant is throwing gas on a fire that was fizzling out.
No one who follows the legal order to leave the riot area is getting "gassed"
Why is there a need to get close to an area where fires are being lit, fireworks shot towards the police, fences being torn down and property destroyed? If I wanted to protest peacefully I would find somewhere else to do it, not a location where violence occurs nightly. The fact that protesters are wearing protective gear and bringing projectiles to hurl at the police tells you they are coming ready to rumble.
Utterly innocent? Right.
Like moths flying into a flame, with about the same level of intelligence.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:53 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,882,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Thomas Jefferson? The man who inherited 175 slaves and went onto to purchase
an additional dozen slaves? That Thomas Jefferson? Liberalism...............how daring!
You seem to live quite well in the country he helped set up.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:25 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
What this article is highlighting is not that some Black people, like those mentioned in the article, are being woken up to the futility of these protests and BLM in general, but that these Black people are getting annoyed that non-Blacks (White people) are becoming the center of attention instead of Blacks.

So basically, they are angry that Whites in Portland are taking away the spotlight from 'their' people. Kind of a jealousy thing.

Some people seem to think that this is about Blacks finally realizing that BLM and violent rioting and looting doesn't do anything for them, but it's not that at all. Nothing in the article mentions anything about this, nothing in the article mentions Black people fed up with the violence and looting. Again, just that they are upset Whites are the center of media attention and not them. So long as they are the ones out there on the streets protesting and rioting and looting under the guise of BLM and 'racial justice,' it's all good.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:44 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I have a friend in Portland who said that protesters grew ten times the number due to objection to Federal Troops being there.
Not troops, police. If troops had to be called there would be lots of dead terrorists clutching soy milk bottles

Old 07-27-2020, 12:03 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
No one who follows the legal order to leave the riot area is getting "gassed"
Why is there a need to get close to an area where fires are being lit, fireworks shot towards the police, fences being torn down and property destroyed? If I wanted to protest peacefully I would find somewhere else to do it, not a location where violence occurs nightly. The fact that protesters are wearing protective gear and bringing projectiles to hurl at the police tells you they are coming ready to rumble.
Utterly innocent? Right.
Like moths flying into a flame, with about the same level of intelligence.
A good article with an embedded video about it here also:

https://apnews.com/1dd1bb39093a3691f4e78093787ab877

Old 07-27-2020, 12:03 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
I’m libertarian. I don’t have a problem with left-wing extremists burning down the Federal government. I’m just surprised liberals are down with it. Strange days . . . .

- Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson, lol.
I'm amazed nobody complains about his face adorning our currency.
In my city they are too busy hating on Columbus to even notice what they're spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies