Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 04:55 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,730,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
At my doc's office I was told to put my cloth mask, which makes me feel suffocated, into my handbag and wear the pleated, aqua, paper mask that you see medical staff wearing. Fit loosely, the paper was porous, the sides were open. In other words, it was cosmetic, to look like I was doing something.

Can anyone tell me where to buy these flimsy masks at the cheapest price, since you have to toss them out everyday? I hate having to launder my cloth masks everyday. I'm not afraid of Covid but of Karens.

By the way, doc said my Covid test came back negative. I walk around outside with my mask hanging off my chin until I spot someone walking toward me, then slip it up until they pass. A lot of people walk in the street instead of on the sidewalk. They will more likely be killed by a car, not Covid.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Basic-Equ...5-ct/188634281

I wear mine typically a couple of weeks and could usually go longer. But then I'm retired and only wear it for going to the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 09:04 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,501,756 times
OP, more and more people see this now. Thank God!

Old 08-02-2020, 09:15 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,795,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
A lie goes around the world before the truth gets its boots on.

People now believe that every "new case" means death. That is the believed lie. The truth, which is vastly more boring and sedate, is that anyone infected has a 99.9% chance of survival AND no longterm ill effects. But nobody hears/sees/thinks that when the media gives daily doomsday predictions about THE VIRUS PANDEMIC OF THE APOCALYPSE. New cases = death. That is the religion, that is the faith, that is the lie.

The whole world is invested in the US taking gut punches, and the US media-political complex is invested in making sure one guy is the one absorbing that abuse. Thus, covid is no big deal anywhere else in the world, regardless of IFR, government tyranny, economics, whatever, and in the US and the US alone, covid has created the dystopian hellscape about which we are given 24/7/365 scare stories.

The US media-political complex wants rid of the Bad Orange Man, and the rest of the world's media just likes to slap the US in the eye whenever they can because that's what the Have-Nots do to the Haves and have since the dawn of the time.

So until at least November 4th, the lie of covid prevails over any truth.
This. I wish more people would understand that very few of the people who test positive end up dying, and the number of cases are not the number of deaths.

Last edited by davidt1; 08-02-2020 at 09:24 PM..

Old 08-02-2020, 10:46 PM

37,149 posts, read 42,245,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Basic-Equ...5-ct/188634281

I wear mine typically a couple of weeks and could usually go longer. But then I'm retired and only wear it for going to the store.
I keep a few in the car and only shop once a week so if there is anything on them it dies while they sit on my passenger seat in the sun!

Old 08-03-2020, 04:09 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,309,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
But then again German chansellor has PhD in physics (or quantum chemistry I forget) so she understands math.
Quantum chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
True, but it also kills young people or leaves lasting damage to organs.
I believe you misunderstood Hoonose. He agrees with you. He is a physician and both he and his wife have had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Allergy symptoms are being counted as "probable" cases and they are adding 15 people to the 1 person that just had "symptoms"
Source?

Old 08-03-2020, 05:18 AM

57,343 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
OP, more and more people see this now. Thank God!
See what, the increase in infections and deaths across the nation because of our weak response.

Remember when places like Idaho, Arizona and Alabama were different than NY and didn't need to worry, they had this under control.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:08 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,806,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
This. I wish more people would understand that very few of the people who test positive end up dying, and the number of cases are not the number of deaths.
I think everybody gets that. When you see exponential growth because this bug is so highly contagious, you see death rates spike to the point that refrigerator trucks have to be brought in to house the dead. We all get that it kills perfectly healthy people as well as people with high risk factors. The question then becomes which side of the coin are you on. Odds are you will survive it, but you won't know until it's too late.

Look, I knew the odds that I had cancer was only 40%, but do you think I didn't live with that what if worry? I did. The day of my surgery was both a relief and frightening. That was the day I found out for sure if I had cancer or not. People who are sick with Covid face those same fears, and that worry could be for weeks. Some people get very sick. Who wants to live with that/ It's best not to catch it. Common sense, right?

There's more to Covid than just death. There's collateral damage. People are afraid to go to their doctors and heart attack victims are staying home because they are afraid of going to hospitals. I understand that. Do you think I wanted Covid on top of surgery? No way, yet I had to spend some very stressful hours having pre surgery tests and doctors visits. Being in that recovery room without a mask on? I felt vulnerable. None of that was pleasant. I think of the cancer patients that couldn't get a diagnosis or had to suspend treatments and that makes me sad. If I had cancer and had to wait 3 months for treatment? There was something on my right ovary that was of concern and why I had to have the ultrasound. Do you think I worried about that for three months? I did. There are tens of thousands of people out there just like me, but some won't be as lucky as I was. Should we not have compassion for them and do our part to stop this bug? I think so. I was not going to risk anyone in my health care team by being selfish and catching this bug. There's yet another reason to do our part to stop the spread.

The third reason. The economic damage. It's catastrophic and we are doing it to ourselves being selfish about not doing what's right to contain this virus. Millions of people are going to lose their homes.

When you look at it like well the death rate is low and I'll most likely survive, you're looking at this virus with blinders on to the whole picture. It is way more than it's just about me, it's about all of us.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:12 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,598,194 times
Media has terrorized people unnecessarily. I can't believe that most people, certainly by now, don't know that is how they make money. Fomenting fear, hatred and anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies