Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2021, 11:19 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palasta View Post
When doing a propganda campaign numbers certainly do matter. The more often lies are repeated the more it will be accepted as truth.
absolutely right, which is why the world believes china started the virus in a lab, and that xinjiang is torturing uighurs.

but the case of expats having a positive opinion on china is not propaganda. it is opinionated people that are either happy with their experiences in china and want to document it, or sour on the US anti-china propaganda and they feel the need to show the truth and counterbalance the negativity.

Quote:

Her credentials? What are you talking about?

Information Office of the municipal government in Chongqing = CCP

https://chinamediaproject.org/2021/0...-chinas-voice/

Saying she is just some travel tourist whatever agency and pretending there is nothing else to, is a blatant lie.
first off, I made no such assertion.
secondly, why does it matter? what are you insinuating? what exactly are you claiming?

Old 03-23-2021, 12:15 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
I don't quite get that whole idea of China that is so common in the West. The idea that the Chinese are poor oppressed people that long for liberation. That is such an absurd view. Support for the Communist government and pride in the PRC has probably never been bigger than today. People in the West don't understand that Communism (well, the Chinese interpretation of it, anyway, basically the good old Chinese way again) has permeated all of Chinese society. One can't separate Communism from Chinese society. Just like Islam is part of every aspect of life in Muslim countries. There is nothing wrong with people working for the Chinese government, nor with Chinese state companies. State money is no worse than private money. To the contrary even, in my view.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't quite get that whole idea of China that is so common in the West. The idea that the Chinese are poor oppressed people that long for liberation. That is such an absurd view. Support for the Communist government and pride in the PRC has probably never been bigger than today. People in the West don't understand that Communism (well, the Chinese interpretation of it, anyway, basically the good old Chinese way again) has permeated all of Chinese society. One can't separate Communism from Chinese society. Just like Islam is part of every aspect of life in Muslim countries. There is nothing wrong with people working for the Chinese government, nor with Chinese state companies. State money is no worse than private money. To the contrary even, in my view.
Not me I just assume Chinese culture is amoral, collectivist, Chinese Asian supremacist and nationalist and that's why I want nothing to do with them, don't want to trade with them especially at a deficit for their poorly made junk and don't want emigration from there to the US. It's still 1964 as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Not me I just assume Chinese culture is amoral, collectivist, Chinese Asian supremacist and nationalist and that's why I want nothing to do with them, don't want to trade with them especially at a deficit for their poorly made junk and don't want emigration from there to the US. It's still 1964 as far as I'm concerned.
You just assume, well, that says it all. Your post is so absurd, it might as well be just sarcasm

Old 03-23-2021, 06:04 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say amoral and the collectivism is massively played up and doesn't really exist unless the government forces it, but it is 100% nationalist and Chinese supremacist.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
The OP doesn't' want his organs harvested so he is tap dancing now.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:25 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Support for the Communist government and pride in the PRC has probably never been bigger than today. People in the West don't understand that Communism (well, the Chinese interpretation of it, anyway, basically the good old Chinese way again) has permeated all of Chinese society. One can't separate Communism from Chinese society.
Somebody should have told the 45 million Chinese people murdered by Mao that it was just the Chinese way.

I think there may be a link between 45 million deaths and the "popularity" of the communists.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:26 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
The whole idea that the neanderthal ways of the West are OK, is not shared in many countries.
It's funny how many people around the world want to migrate to the neanderthal nations. Something doesn't add up.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:04 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
It's funny how many people around the world want to migrate to the neanderthal nations. Something doesn't add up.
What he said!!

I'm pretty sure both China and Russia are not facing or ever faced a flood of illegal aliens pouring into their countries... For a better life.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Somebody should have told the 45 million Chinese people murdered by Mao that it was just the Chinese way.

I think there may be a link between 45 million deaths and the "popularity" of the communists.
That is nonsense. First of all, the Mao mess was long before, about 60 years ago to be precise. The overwhelming majority of people died in the Great Chinese Famine, which as the result of a mix of incompetence, natural disasters etc. Second, the word murder is wrong as murder implies premeditation.

Mao's China was very different from today's China, a lot has happened in those 60 years. Back then China was certainly not really Chinese, the European concept of communism was alien to China. But, while China still keeps the communist label, it has in many ways returned to its old Chinese ways. I said it before, they should drop the word communism altogether. They have a technocrat government and what they call a consultative democracy.

Quote:
People usually migrate to places where their language or a major lingua franca is spoken. But except for ethnic Chinese hardly anyone speaks Chinese, so people won't migrate to China, not to mention that China is not exactly a welcoming immigrant country, they already have more than enough mouths to feed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies