Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 08:06 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I once thought that we were all adults that could have a healthy conversation about current topics but no.

An old work buddy sent me a snippet from an article on FaceBook, I commented as I sometimes do and some idiot was offended. On this site and others I never say anything intentionally inflammatory and never something that I wouldn't say to an adult if we were face to face. I do like to post alternative thoughts, ideas and "what ifs" to spark debate but not to offend.

The idiot engaged me in a debate over the topic and then he used my words against me. He took snippets of the conversation and used them out of context to write a terrible review of my company. Of course he left out the positive comments that I had also made. My coworker is not happy about this because she has worked hard to build out reputation. She wrote a kindly letter to the guy but I doubt he will remove his comments. She has also contacted the company that carries the comments and is looking to have it removed. It doesn't seem right that someone can give us a negative review having never met us or worked with us but there it is.

I have now been successfully silenced by the kooks, doxed I guess it is called. I have now lost my Right to post an opinion on social media because of children that can't have an adult conversation.

It is not right. I guess I will go back to sharing photos of cute puppies on FB. At least we still have this forum to chat in.
the leftist here will tell you that this is the result of you owning a business. You must comply.

they believe this is healthy.

it is evil. actual real live Soviet style evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 08:10 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,031 times
If you are a business owner and still have a personal facebook account or comment personally on your business account, you're doing it wrong.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:49 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
If you are a business owner and still have a personal facebook account or comment personally on your business account, you're doing it wrong.
Right, and this may be the only thing we've ever agreed upon.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:32 AM

24,470 posts, read 17,207,356 times
I'm surprised that this post has such legs especially since I had posted a few pages back that it has been resolved but it is interesting how responses have mostly fallen along party lines. If you lean to the Right like I do you have a real problem with people on social media taking and using your own words out of context, editing as they see fit to suit their alleged outrage. We see this happen to Trump all the time. If you lean to the Left the repsonses have been pretty much, you got what you deserved for having your name tied to your business and commenting on controversial topics and the SJW did well by calling you out...

I still feel like people are entitled to their opinions as we are all entitled NOT to listen to or to read those opinions but it is just wrong to dump on someones business and ruin their reputation because you do not agree with those thoughts but such is the way of the Left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies