Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 07:14 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

*shrug*

BLM has legitimate points.

The problem is all the ANTIFA scum and looters that are on their bandwagon.

Would be nice to see more condemnation of that stuff from those supporting BLM. Some have, others not so much.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:14 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
LMAO at lazy displays of activism. What has changed since Colin K. first started this? What reform have we seen? Absolutely none.

CK could have done something powerful to make a change but he chose not to get off his knee and take action, so here we are - how many years later - with dopes thinking this display is meaningful, when in reality, it's a joke.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:15 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Staff, & coaches were all also kneeling in solidarity. A beautiful beautiful unified thing to see people coming together to say enough of the police brutality & racism in this country!
Wait until after the election....Cindy Sheehan 2.0.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:15 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
So they take a knee in protest of America yet take a knee in submission to China for a few more dollars on their already bloated wealth. These people lack any true morality and do what they do to support their brand.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:19 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,889 times
I hope they were also kneeling for Bernell Trammell as well.

Or wait, maybe his life doesn't matter. Black, sure. But Republican. Based on the silence of all these outspoken athletes when Drew Brees simply said he wasn't sure if he felt comfortable kneeling for the flag, I don't think he was included in the kneeling or their thoughts.

(some)BLM!

Old 07-31-2020, 07:22 AM

295 posts, read 143,640 times
********* guys who kneel -disrespecting the country where they get paid millions to put a ball through a hoop! how in the hell are those gang banger thugs being discriminated?

no way i will ever ever watch read or talk about anything GD thing in the NBA - and you people who support them should get the hell out of our country too

Old 07-31-2020, 07:29 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
LMAO at lazy displays of activism. What has changed since Colin K. first started this?
Derek Chauvin's knee.

Which was exactly his point. It's what he was trying to bring attention to.

But the fact that Derek Chauvin happened long after Colin started his protests proves your point, I suppose. Nothing of significance has changed since he began.

Some people find that disturbing. And others are like, meh, so what? I'm not black. Why should I care? It doesn't affect ME.

Meanwhile, to everyone in this thread who is upset by this, show us on this doll where the NBA kneeling in solidarity hurt you.

Poor babies.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:34 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Derek Chauvin's knee.

But the fact that Derek Chauvin happened long after Colin started his protests proves your point, I suppose. Nothing of significance has changed since he began.

Some people find that disturbing. And others are like, meh, so what? I'm not black. Why should I care? It doesn't affect ME.

Meanwhile, to everyone in this thread who is upset by this, show us on this doll where the NBA kneeling in solidarity hurt you.

Poor babies.
This is the lie. You, are a liar.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Derek Chauvin's knee.

Poor babies.
What is disturbing is that there are so many uneducated, dishonest people who think that 15 unarmed blacks killed by police last year is significant. Most of those were assaulting the cop.

And the fact that over 30 blacks die at the hands of other blacks in Chicago, in one month, isn't a big deal.

Jim Crow is still alive in the party that created it. The tactics have changed.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:48 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Derek Chauvin's knee.

Poor babies.
White people were out peacefully protesting all across the country and nearly everyone in this forum has stated police reform is needed. I don't know why you would mention a small percentage of people who aren't black being dismissive of the issue - particularly since we know this also happens to white people.

Bringing attention to something doesn't change it. Nothing as changed since Colin K. first took a knee and you tell all of us what has changed since George Floyd died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies