Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2020, 07:28 AM

33,320 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i kept thinking the bar graph was a coloring book page his staff gave him to keep him busy.

"see here, i stayed in the lines.... nobody else has stayed in the lines, only me.... i used orange, i was the first to use orange. a lot of people, important people think orange is the best color and i used it first"
LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 07:42 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
He just did some revisionist history is all. It went from "we'd have tens of thousands of dead Americans" to "we'd have millions of dead Americans if I didn't ban travel from China."

Where'd you get that figure from, Mr. President? The manuals?

You could take almost any 30 second segment of this interview and release it as a campaign ad against Trump. It really was that bad. You won't convince that 38% or so of Trump's base. Ever. But you don't need to.
I would like to see these "manuals." Perhaps "Running America for Dummies." The fact that Trumpers can only say the video must be doctored shows they cannot defend what Trump said. There is just no way to spin it.

The problem with having a 38% base is Trump needs another 10% or so to have a chance of winning. And that will be tough. I have watched a couple of recent John Bolton interviews and how he describes Trump in the white house is exactly how Trump was in the HBO interview. Way out of his league and having zero concern with that fact.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:45 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
He just did some revisionist history is all. It went from "we'd have tens of thousands of dead Americans" to "we'd have millions of dead Americans if I didn't ban travel from China."

Where'd you get that figure from, Mr. President? The manuals?

You could take almost any 30 second segment of this interview and release it as a campaign ad against Trump. It really was that bad. You won't convince that 38% or so of Trump's base. Ever. But you don't need to.
Read the books!

Old 08-06-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I wonder what percentage of his supporters would put up with anything else solely because of who he might appoint to SCOTUS (hoping for an overturn of Roe v. Wade) ?

His SCOTUS picks have not been nearly as lock step conservative as they were suppose to be. One or both have ruled several times with the liberal appointees. Neither is a Scalia. If someone wants Rowe v. Wade overturned not sure these two will deliver.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:51 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
His SCOTUS picks have not been nearly as lock step conservative as they were suppose to be. One or both have ruled several times with the liberal appointees. Neither is a Scalia. If someone wants Rowe v. Wade overturned not sure these two will deliver.
Indeed.

It appears the Heritage Foundation might have missed the mark on these two judges, eh?

Old 08-06-2020, 07:59 AM

33,320 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree.

I was just looking at the mindset of supporters....which in some cases would include 'head buried in sand' re the two choices he has already made .

Old 08-06-2020, 09:26 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to find HOURS were taped and then "edited down", cherry picking to make him look bad.

"It was taped, in a documentary style that is a specialty of the HBO series, on July 28, and trimmed from about 45 minutes to 38 minutes total. “The only thing we really edited was just sort of cleaning it up,” VandeHei said. “It wasn’t much of the interview that didn’t make the final cut."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/wh...ms/ar-BB17z3De

.....or do you believe the POTUS was sitting in front of jonathan swan for HOURS?

Old 08-06-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I agree.

I was just looking at the mindset of supporters....which in some cases would include 'head buried in sand' re the two choices he has already made .

Until Trump really goes after his two scotus picks his devotees won't talk much and what can Trump say about it? He can't fire them and complaining too much shows he made bad picks. I think they are actually good choices because they are not just a rubber stamp for one side or another like the other ones are. But Trump was aiming for conservative rubber stamps.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:28 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
You people just don't get it.

Trump is again playing the media like a fiddle, and his opponents, by not really doing anything.

All he has to do is win is continue being president and showing us he's out there. He's now taking questions on the way to the helicopter he could EASILY have avoided. He knows they're BS questions for the most part. Then we'll see another press conference this evening and he'll wade through more BS questions. Repeat tomorrow, and the next day. Biden will keep hiding.

About the HBO interview? I had to be reminded pretty heavily of BLM at the beginning, nauseating. Credibility goes out the window right then. If you all want to talk about an interview talk about the one with Chris Wallace. He grilled Trump and it was a very non-biased interview. CW is also from Fox News. Would CNN ever grill Biden or Obama like that? Uhhh no.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:41 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Trump is again playing the media like a fiddle,.....

he intentionally wanted his message concerning covid deaths to be "it is what it is" ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies