Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 09:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,657,810 times

Advertisements

Considering the amount of drugs that CONSISTENTLY makes it into the US and reaches its destination, its safe to say, whatever method they are using (whether it be tunnels, or something else), they are having great success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 09:52 AM

5,776 posts, read 11,417,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Um no, we have tunnel sensors now and no one has tunneled under the new walls who's foundations are built far under the ground and cemented in.
How come those sensors did not work just a few months ago, to discover the Tijuana to Otay Mesa tunnel, built under the highly reinforced, double-fenced section of the US-Mexico border? The Otay Mesa tunnel had concrete reinforcement and freight wagons running on steel tracks. It was 31 feet deep below the ground.
The fact that there is a San Diego Tunnel Task Force tells me that this is a continual, ongoing issue. I read about similar tunnels in southern Arizona in our local press from time to time, including ones that go from Nogales Mexico to Nogales, AZ under the 30 foot tall steel ballard wall / fence.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ouses/2296733/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ne/2701791001/

Old 08-08-2020, 10:14 AM

78,649 posts, read 60,839,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There is an unlimited number of seasonal agriculture visas. Nonetheless, there remains a preference for undocumented labor. Guest worker visas require the employer to pay at least $10/ hr, provide housing, healthcare and access to meals. Such visas also allow the worker to bring his/ her spouse and children.

Of course not all undocumented people seek out agriculture work.

Only a handful of states mandate e- Verify. Those that do created intentional loopholes for independent contractors and those employed before e-Verify took effect.

Big box routinely uses E-Verify, regardless of state mandate. It’s small business that employs most undocumented people.
I've heard that e-verify has gaping holes in it via identity theft etc. and Tyson chicken employs enough illegals to fill a stadium. Have you ever been in a town where that's the main employer?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sc...!4d-97.0597019

Well heck yeah they'd rather not use the official program and have to do things like provide benefits etc.

Turning illegal immigration complaints into "racism" was the greatest con-job I've ever seen corporate America pull off.

That and the lie that Americans won't do that work....well not for crap pay and no benefits they won't so I find that to be some really twisted logic. Imagine I cut everyones job at the local car factory and hire illegals who I pay $10/hr. cash with no benefitss? Then when people complain I invited them to come work there for the same deal and blame them when they don't accept.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:16 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,455,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've heard that e-verify has gaping holes in it via identity theft etc. and Tyson chicken employs enough illegals to fill a stadium. Have you ever been in a town where that's the main employer?

Well heck yeah they'd rather not use the official program and have to do things like provide benefits etc.

Turning illegal immigration complaints into "racism" was the greatest con-job I've ever seen corporate America pull off.

That and the lie that Americans won't do that work....well not for crap pay and no benefits they won't so I find that to be some really twisted logic. Imagine I cut everyones job at the local car factory and hire illegals who I pay $10/hr. cash with no benefitss? Then when people complain I invited them to come work there for the same deal and blame them when they don't accept.
What are the illegals using for social security numbers? There's yet another crime.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:22 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,701,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
How effective are these sensors?
Ground penetrating radar is very effective and mandatory in many places when digging around elec. substations !!! The sensors when understood how they work prove to be unquestionably effective !!!

Buried Sensors - Covert sensors for Intrusion Detection
https://senstar.com/products/buried-sensors/

FiberPatrol works by transmitting pulses of laser light into a single-mode optical fiber and accurately measuring the minute light reflections that occur along its length. A disturbance of the fiber caused by ground vibrations changes the amount of light returned from that point. FiberPatrol’s reflectometry-based technology does not require the light to traverse the full length of cable. If a cable is cut, FiberPatrol retains the ability to detect and locate intrusions up to the point of the cut, thus enabling the system to support cut-immune configurations.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:26 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,082,642 times
Quote:
Um no, we have tunnel sensors now and no one has tunneled under the new walls who's foundations are built far under the ground and cemented in.
Tunnel sensors did not just all of a sudden appear....lol.

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Amer...rth-the-effort

THe drug cartels will always figure out a new way.

The wall is a mole hill to them.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:32 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,701,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Its common knowledge the DNC is in close contact and support drug cartels but who in the drug cartel did you talk with to get the mole hill comparison ?

Old 08-08-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Look around in your city...The drug cartels are not having any problems getting drugs into the country!!

Drugs come in...money goes out...rinse and repeat 10, 000X.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:34 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,455,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

The wall is just a layer of a larger security system. It's a security system leftists would dismantle given the chance.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
The wall is just a layer of a larger security system. It's a security system leftists would dismantle given the chance.
How effective is this security system though? LOL

Ya know, Ive been clean for many years now, but in the days when I was using, there was not a SINGLE DAY, when I had a dealer tell me, they were out or low in supply! (now imagine that on a nation wide scale)...what does that tell you about the US security system to protect against dangerous drugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies