Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,707 posts, read 18,065,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
So mental illness made the guy kill a 5 year old kid at POINT-BLANK range

Just because he "looks" crazy doesn't mean he was...

Considering the man's age (25) I'm sure he didn't snap from all of the BLM propaganda...
I don't know.

What I know, from reading the articles, is they had been long time family friends, these families, and this guy had a bit of a violent criminal past as did the little boy's family, and all seemed well the night before he came out in broad daylight in front of people who knew him and shot this child in the head.

The witnesses who saw it, (and know him) thought it was somehow a game at first.

Smacks of mental illness to me, just sayin'. Like a fugue.

Last edited by ClaraC; 08-12-2020 at 07:03 PM..

Old 08-12-2020, 07:04 PM

496 posts, read 194,172 times
ClaraC won’t answer my question, because if she answered it honestly she’d have to admit the media is biased and has an agenda.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
ClaraC won’t answer my question, because if she answered it honestly she’d have to admit the media is biased and has an agenda.
I'm glad you realized I'm not going to answer your question. They're off-topic for what I want to talk about, and that's this case.

You aren't entitled to my off-topic opinions, TeeGee.

There must be posters who would love to fight with you about what you want to fight about, but that's not me.

I answered the question in the OP, the media is NOT ignoring this case, and it's not a national news case because it's a crazy person shooting a child. That's not a national story. It's just sad.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:33 PM

31,124 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Quote:
There was and is no evidence of a racial motive in George Floyd’s death.

How come that case blew up like a hydrogen bomb?
Well, to be honest, the Floyd case would be most similar to the story about the black man, putting his foot on the back of the neck of his white girlfriends son

This case involved a black man shooting a 5 year old boy in the head. This is daily news, so not odd that its not a national story for the Nation to care about.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:52 PM

496 posts, read 194,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, to be honest, the Floyd case would be most similar to the story about the black man, putting his foot on the back of the neck of his white girlfriends son

This case involved a black man shooting a 5 year old boy in the head. This is daily news, so not odd that its not a national story for the Nation to care about.
I don’t really disagree, but my point was that if it were a white man shooting a black 5 year old boy then it would be a story the national news cared about.

Just sayin

Old 08-12-2020, 07:55 PM

37,971 posts, read 17,916,476 times
Quote:
I don’t really disagree, but my point was that if it were a white man shooting a black 5 year old boy then it would be a story the national news cared about.

Just sayin
Agreed. And before much info got out, the story would be about race.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:

Just sayin
Where are you going with this, TeeGee.

Are you wishing this story, about this crazy man, would be carried on all the national media sources, FURTHER dividing the country, at a time where we are struggling on the precipice of complete disaster?

Do you wish the media treated this story as a national news story, fluffing up angry divisive people, making our streets yet even less peaceful than they are now?

Honest question.

My answer is, can we please not use this boy's sad demise as an excuse to further poke each other in the eyes in our country?

Old 08-12-2020, 08:49 PM

5,201 posts, read 3,126,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why do you want this covered by mainstream media as a racial crime?

Honest question.

It doesn't appear to be racially motivated. It's the tragic shooting of a little boy by a crazy man.

Why foster FURTHER divide in this country, and try to make this about something it isn't?

There are too many trying to fluff crap up, and too few saying, what a sad case, nothing to see here.
I never said there was a racial component to the crime. Why cant the U.S. media simply report the facts? What are they afraid of?

This is why we can’t have honest conversations about race in this country, people self-censor their very thoughts to accommodate some weird notions of propriety or fairness.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:56 PM

19,860 posts, read 12,149,311 times
This is a rather gruesome story, executing a five year old in front of his sisters.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:57 PM

14,818 posts, read 8,151,181 times
Its a tragic and horrible story, but sorry to burst your bubble, I have seen it on the news in several places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies