Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 09:53 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Trump supporters should really understand that the only people who buy into this fear stuff... are Trump supporters. Everyone else can look out their windows or turn on their televisions and understand that Trump's presidency has been a "tremendous" disaster for the country. Tens of millions are out of work, businesses are closing at record levels, homelessness is skyrocketing, there is mass civil unrest, 170,000 dead from an out-of-control pandemic even the CDC now admits the government wasn't prepared for in the least, a greater rich-poor gap than ever before, education standards in the toilet, pollution levels rising across the board... but hey, you still have the stock market I guess, but that's being propped up by massive Fed intervention to stave off its collapse.

But yeah, we're supposed to be worried about a dumb hypothetical about a Biden presidency based on a lie about his mental state? Who the h*** are you kidding with this?
The civil unrest is coming from angry democrats in democrat run areas.

The job losses have been cut in half in 2 months and are because of a 100 year global pandemic that has nothing to do with Trump or any other politician.

The "rich-poor" gap is emotional drivel from people who want government mandated mediocrity. In America, you can be so rich that you can become Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos, who skew those numbers dramatically.

Stop being so dramatic. A demented 78 yr old and a san francisco liberal are very unlikely to knock off an incumbent with high economic approval and large in party support. Prepare yourself.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:03 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Well at least he isn't offering it to illegal immigrants and promising the poorest of the world that it can resettle in America AND get all free goodies to boot!

And he's been the LEAST interventionist President out of the last 5 this country has had. Solid A+ score on that alone.

Droney McPeacePrize Obama oversaw the killing of countless innocents through his incessant interventions and bombings, and he and Hillary helped destabilize Northern Africa, exacerbating the migrant crisis to Europe AND the resurgence of black African slavery on the African continent.

But um, hey, at least Obama was ARTICULATE! Let's return to the Democratic new-world-order globalist status quo with Biden! That was so much better for Americans and the world!
So true about Obama and Libya. A nightmare that should never have happened. And where was the "Speak Truth to Power" media holding him to account? Doing nothing....hypnotized by his mellifluous voice...while he got away with so much. Every time the press hammers Trump about "why didn't you act earlier" for Covid, I wonder why they aren't hounding Obama to this day about what he did to Libya. Or even asking Biden about it.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:08 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
=paracord;58894711]The civil unrest is coming from angry democrats in democrat run areas.
And any national leader worth their salt would be doing everything they could to calm the situation. The only thing Trump did was to send in unidentified goon squad members that only made things worse. He has made ZERO attempt to reconcile with BLM or promote police reform. Those actions would work to help calm the entire situation, but Trump has no capacity for that.

Quote:
The job losses have been cut in half in 2 months and are because of a 100 year global pandemic that has nothing to do with Trump or any other politician.
The poor pandemic response from the start is what caused the economic collapse to begin with. Other nations that handled it well didn't have the same economic consequences. The only way to get the economy back to normal was to handle the virus. Trump didn't and here we are. And it's highly unlikely that the economy will recover much more. Personal and business debt from a lack of customers, among other problems, is providing a domino effect to the economy. The more businesses that shut down because of no real business, the more people stay out of work, and the more people stay out of work, the more associated problems there are with things like homelessness, foreclosures, bankruptcies, etc. which end up hurting everyone from creditors to banks to landlords. We're not getting out of this without enormous economic pain.

Quote:
The "rich-poor" gap is emotional drivel from people who want government mandated mediocrity. In America, you can be so rich that you can become Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos, who skew those numbers dramatically.
This is just so far out of touch with reality, I don't know where to begin. 85% of the stock market wealth is owned by just 10% of the population. Half the nation has no stock investments at all because they work paycheck to paycheck. The economic power of the bottom 90% or so of the nation has vastly diminished in the past 50 years. Trump's 2017 tax cut was one of the most massive shifts of wealth in US history. Most Americans are struggling, and personal debt is at record levels.

Quote:
Stop being so dramatic. A demented 78 yr old and a san francisco liberal are very unlikely to knock off an incumbent with high economic approval and large in party support. Prepare yourself.
He doesn't have high economic approval though, and it's been dropping since March.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
And any national leader worth their salt would be doing everything they could to calm the situation. The only thing Trump did was to send in unidentified goon squad members that only made things worse. He has made ZERO attempt to reconcile with BLM or promote police reform. Those actions would work to help calm the entire situation, but Trump has no capacity for that.

The poor pandemic response from the start is what caused the economic collapse to begin with. Other nations that handled it well didn't have the same economic consequences. The only way to get the economy back to normal was to handle the virus. Trump didn't and here we are. And it's highly unlikely that the economy will recover much more. Personal and business debt from a lack of customers, among other problems, is providing a domino effect to the economy. The more businesses that shut down because of no real business, the more people stay out of work, and the more people stay out of work, the more associated problems there are with things like homelessness, foreclosures, bankruptcies, etc. which end up hurting everyone from creditors to banks to landlords. We're not getting out of this without enormous economic pain.

This is just so far out of touch with reality, I don't know where to begin. 85% of the stock market wealth is owned by just 10% of the population. Half the nation has no stock investments at all because they work paycheck to paycheck. The economic power of the bottom 90% or so of the nation has vastly diminished in the past 50 years. Trump's 2017 tax cut was one of the most massive shifts of wealth in US history. Most Americans are struggling, and personal debt is at record levels.

He doesn't have high economic approval though, and it's been dropping since March.
You aren't going to calm animals bent on violence. The only way to stop it is law and order and not being afraid to use your police to stop the situation, as opposed to letting the animals burn down your police station or create a new country inside of your borders. Most normal americans don't believe in coddlingg criminals. Stop with this nonsense.

There was no "poor pandemic response." No person has gone wanting for ppe or respirators, Trump put hospital ships in NY and LA that weren't needed, etc. It's a pandemic. Every country in the world says their leaders "botched" it. It's simply a political wedge.

The middle class is doing better than ever under Trump pre-pandemic. Stop crying about rich people. it doesn't work outside of the most liberal precincts.

His economic approval is still VERY high. Look at the RCP numbers. He's solidly in the positive numbers and outpolls Biden in most averages.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
paracord;58894958]You aren't going to calm animals bent on violence. The only way to stop it is law and order and not being afraid to use your police to stop the situation, as opposed to letting the animals burn down your police station or create a new country inside of your borders. Most normal americans don't believe in coddlingg criminals. Stop with this nonsense.
And how's that working out? The protests will stop when they have a leader who will listen. The looting is another issue, and is being done by people taking advantage of the situation. I have no problem with those people being arrested.

Quote:
There was no "poor pandemic response." No person has gone wanting for ppe or respirators, Trump put hospital ships in NY and LA that weren't needed, etc. It's a pandemic. Every country in the world says their leaders "botched" it. It's simply a political wedge.
The CDC said the US was "unprepared". But what would they know. Trump gave himself a 10!
It's also a lie to say that everyone thinks their respective nations botched it. Ask New Zealand or Iceland or Taiwan what their residents think.

Quote:
The middle class is doing better than ever under Trump pre-pandemic. Stop crying about rich people. it doesn't work outside of the most liberal precincts.
They really weren't though. If all you have are unemployment stats, you're missing a ton of economic indicators that remained terrible for the middle and lower income groups. What kinds of jobs were they? Did they pay a living wage? Did they provide health insurance or other benefits? Was there upward mobility?
Also, thanks for admitting you only care about rich people when the vast majority of Americans are not. You must be one of those "I got mine" types, huh.

Quote:
His economic approval is still VERY high. Look at the RCP numbers. He's solidly in the positive numbers and outpolls Biden in most averages.
Really?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...182.html#polls
Because this sure looks like he has just a +1.3 average on the economy, a significant drop from earlier in the year. And that's his best showing on job performance.

It's -13.7 on foreign policy, -44.5!! on the direction of the country, and -10.8 overall.

But sure, tell us how high his approvals are.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
And how's that working out? The protests will stop when they have a leader who will listen. The looting is another issue, and is being done by people taking advantage of the situation. I have no problem with those people being arrested.

The CDC said the US was "unprepared". But what would they know. Trump gave himself a 10!
It's also a lie to say that everyone thinks their respective nations botched it. Ask New Zealand or Iceland or Taiwan what their residents think.

T

They really weren't though. If all you have is unemployment stats, you're missing a ton of economic indicators that remained terrible for the middle and lower income groups.
Also, thanks for admitting you only care about rich people when the vast majority of Americans are not. You must be one of those "I got mine" types, huh.

Really?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...182.html#polls
Because this sure looks like he has just a +1.3 average on the economy, and that's his best showing on job performance.

It's -13.7 on foreign policy, -44.5!! on the direction of the country, and -10.8 overall.

But sure, tell us how high his approvals are.
It's working GREAT actually. The monument vandalization has stopped, the violence in DC has stopped, and it was controlled everywhere that the local leadership asked.

What are you talking about a "leader who will listen?" Was that the issue in 1966 during the Watts riots? How about 1992 in LA? How about 2015 under Obama? This has nothing to do with people "listening."

Stop apologizing for animal behavior.

What country on earth is PREPARED for a global, 100 year pandemic? Stop with the hyperbole. Why are all the highest death states again in....DEMOCRAT controlled areas? If you want to politicize this then why aren't you talking about the local leadership in the places with the most deaths?

Buy some stocks. What is stopping you? Why are you complaining? News flash: THROUGHOUT HISTORY ITS BETTER TO BE RICH THAN POOR. Wow you are on to some obscure thoughts there!

Why are you now bringing up other things when I point out Trump's high economic approval? Do you suffer from ADD? Does it make you mad that Trump has high economic approval even now during a pandemic? HAHA.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:43 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
A vote for Biden is only a vote for Kamala Harris. I think Biden has stayed in for name recognition on the ticket, and that is why none of his family has had an intervention for him to let him know what a fool he is looking like and embarrassing himself. He just wants the win, and then the job will be shuttled to Harris, who I expect is willing to be a puppet for the "cause" like Obama was just to have the title. Harris was an old guy's booty call for twenty years, so what would be the limits for her when it comes to promoting herself?

Old 08-13-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
A vote for Biden is only a vote for Kamala Harris. I think Biden has stayed in for name recognition on the ticket, and that is why none of his family has had an intervention for him to let him know what a fool he is looking like and embarrassing himself. He just wants the win, and then the job will be shuttled to Harris, who I expect is willing to be a puppet for the "cause" like Obama was just to have the title. Harris was an old guy's booty call for twenty years, so what would be the limits for her when it comes to promoting herself?
Sarah Palin type candidate.

No serious independent or republican sees Harris as a viable President.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
It's working GREAT actually. The monument vandalization has stopped, the violence in DC has stopped, and it was controlled everywhere that the local leadership asked.

What are you talking about a "leader who will listen?" Was that the issue in 1966 during the Watts riots? How about 1992 in LA? How about 2015 under Obama? This has nothing to do with people "listening."

Stop apologizing for animal behavior.

What country on earth is PREPARED for a global, 100 year pandemic? Stop with the hyperbole. Why are all the highest death states again in....DEMOCRAT controlled areas? If you want to politicize this then why aren't you talking about the local leadership in the places with the most deaths?

Buy some stocks. What is stopping you? Why are you complaining? News flash: THROUGHOUT HISTORY ITS BETTER TO BE RICH THAN POOR. Wow you are on to some obscure thoughts there!

Why are you now bringing up other things when I point out Trump's high economic approval? Do you suffer from ADD? Does it make you mad that Trump has high economic approval even now during a pandemic? HAHA.
Isn't DC run by Democrats? Didn't you literally just say the violence is because of Democratic leadership in cities?

You really want to take a deeper dive into the 1960s views on racism? And you kind of make the point- except for the 1960s Civil Rights movement, little has changed for racial minorities in America since then. Which is why this keeps happening. But I certainly don't remember the protests and rioting lasting 3 months in 2015.

Calling people animals doesn't really dispel the notion that you don't have any real interest in ending the situation. Arresting the looters alone won't change the situation that caused this mess, and I get the distinct feeling you're not just talking about them.

Seemingly quite a few nations were better prepared than we were. Are you going to really deny that the nations I mentioned- and others- didn't do a lot better?
New York is a heavily populated, major point of entry into the country, so it makes sense that it and a few other places saw large outbreaks in the beginning, not because of politics. Its outbreak also occurred when we had less effective treatments and far less knowledge about the virus, ensuring higher death totals. But I don't know if you've noticed, but the current states seeing hundreds of casualties a day are all Republican-controlled. Texas' death totals have tripled in just over a month. Florida's on a similar trajectory. The CDC does "excess mortality" studies and both states have had excess mortality not only higher than official death counts, but far higher than any other year. Texas, for example, has had nearly 16,000 excess deaths since the beginning, giving a true indication of their Covid deaths. Nationally, the US excess death total has reached about 212,000, which is getting into the lower bounds of the Spanish Flu, and those deaths were recorded over 3 years. But sure, act like this is only a liberal problem.

Why do you think I'm talking about myself when I say most Americans aren't invested? You also entirely miss the point. Most aren't invested because they can barely pay the bills they have. And no, I'm not talking about a 3rd car payment. I'm talking about basic necessities- rent, utilities, food, etc. They have no money to be playing with in the stock market. Again, so out of touch with how most people live.

Why don't you just admit you were wrong about Trump's supposed "high approval" on the economy? You told me to check out RCP, and I did. I confirmed I was right- Trump's approval on the economy is barely positive and has seen a significant drop since spring. Why are you now lying and insisting his economic approval is high when the very source you told me to check doesn't support you? Are you a serious person?

Old 08-13-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Isn't DC run by Democrats? Didn't you literally just say the violence is because of Democratic leadership in cities?

You really want to take a deeper dive into the 1960s views on racism? And you kind of make the point- except for the 1960s Civil Rights movement, little has changed for racial minorities in America since then. Which is why this keeps happening. But I certainly don't remember the protests and rioting lasting 3 months in 2015.

Calling people animals doesn't really dispel the notion that you don't have any real interest in ending the situation. Arresting the looters alone won't change the situation that caused this mess, and I get the distinct feeling you're not just talking about them.

Seemingly quite a few nations were better prepared than we were. Are you going to really deny that the nations I mentioned- and others- didn't do a lot better?
New York is a heavily populated, major point of entry into the country, so it makes sense that it and a few other places saw large outbreaks in the beginning, not because of politics. Its outbreak also occurred when we had less effective treatments and far less knowledge about the virus, ensuring higher death totals. But I don't know if you've noticed, but the current states seeing hundreds of casualties a day are all Republican-controlled. Texas' death totals have tripled in just over a month. Florida's on a similar trajectory. The CDC does "excess mortality" studies and both states have had excess mortality not only higher than official death counts, but far higher than any other year. Texas, for example, has had nearly 16,000 excess deaths since the beginning, giving a true indication of their Covid deaths. Nationally, the US excess death total has reached about 212,000, which is getting into the lower bounds of the Spanish Flu, and those deaths were recorded over 3 years. But sure, act like this is only a liberal problem.

Why do you think I'm talking about myself when I say most Americans aren't invested? You also entirely miss the point. Most aren't invested because they can barely pay the bills they have. And no, I'm not talking about a 3rd car payment. I'm talking about basic necessities- rent, utilities, food, etc. They have no money to be playing with in the stock market. Again, so out of touch with how most people live.

Why don't you just admit you were wrong about Trump's supposed "high approval" on the economy? You told me to check out RCP, and I did. I confirmed I was right- Trump's approval on the economy is barely positive and has seen a significant drop since spring. Why are you now lying and insisting his economic approval is high when the very source you told me to check doesn't support you? Are you a serious person?
DC is one of the areas where Trump was able to deploy actual law enforcement.

People who loot, riot, and murder in the name of "politics" are animals. If you support them, you are too. Sorry.

I can provide you with 5,000 articles showing foreign countries lamenting their "botched" leadership during the crisis. Stop living inside your "OrangeManBad" bubble and look outward. Google it. Here's just one example:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/europ...b6d97d91f03f6c

We have re-opened, and we test far more than any other nation in the world, so naturally our case count is going to be higher than when we were all locked down.

We were just at levels of unemployment never seen before for the poorest sectors of our economy. Personal incomes were up under Trump substantially and food stamp and welfare usage were down. What are you complaining about and what is your solution? Raise taxes on "the rich?" ZZZZZZZZ. I've never heard that before.

There's nothing that i said that was wrong about regarding trump's approval on the economy. I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that even in a pandemic he's polling better than Biden and he's strongly on the + side, only getting better as unemployment continues to drop and markets reach record highs.

If you can't understand that being in positive territory and higher than Biden is strong economic approval, I don't know what to tell you. For example, in August of 2012, Obama was double digits negative on the economy. Here's just one poll at the time, from ABC News no less:

https://www.langerresearch.com/wp-co...onventions.pdf MINUS 13 on the handling of the economy. In fact, in 2012 there were only 5 INDIVIDUAL polls the ENTIRE YEAR that didn't have Obama underwater on the economy. Right now, in a global pandemic, Trump's RCP AVERAGE is positive. HAHA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies