Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 10:30 AM

16,091 posts, read 10,757,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Right now there's a big push to "buy from black-owned businesses"... You're not buying because it's the best price, better quality, the fastest shipping, best customer service. No, you're simply being told by the left media to purchase from the business because the owner is black.

So isn't that racism? "Don't buy from that white owned business with the better prices and faster shipping, no buy from the black guy cause he's black.".

So is racism still racism if it's a positive?
Funny, but I have not actually noticed a "big push" to do anything of the sort.
There is a push to buy local rather than from "big box" or mega-chain outlets.

It actually sounds a little bit like contrived victimhood or scapegoating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 07:06 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What group of people call 90% of Black voters stupid slaves who just do what White people tell them to do bc they can't think for themselves? It's not Liberals...
well...……………………….. yes it is.

Liberals are some of the most racist people I have ever encountered.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:14 PM

2,547 posts, read 2,738,429 times
The word has been abused too much to have any real meaning anymore.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:22 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times
BLM are racist and all I see from them is death and destruction so no nothing positive

Old 08-13-2020, 07:24 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
One scenario would be if Farrakhan and David Duke both got stranded in a lifeboat after their gay cruise ship sank.

The resulting scuffle capsized the boat where they were slowly eaten to death by various species.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:25 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
That's racist!

P.S. Nailed it. In fact, that was all Kamala Harris did in the primaries was lob around (directly or through proxies) race and gender attacks at her fellow democrats. But hey, it's just soooo nice that this will go away once Trumps gone lmao.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
LOL. This is amusing. I don’t see this type of complaining when immigrants support each other’s businesses. In fact, you all talk about how certain immigrants, East Asians for example, support each other. But the minute Black people do the same, it becomes a problem and you’re angry about it.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:47 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Racism is a very broad form of tribalism. A human is a social creature that must belong to a large group in order to mentally function. Small tribes are our natural environment. Big faceless rootless mass societies make us sick literally. We must belong. For the lack of a group to belong to some people cultivate belonging to a race in order to cope with atomized rootless and thus pointless and harmful life. An ersatz of belonging to something is better than nothing. Blacks cultivate belonging to the black i.e. racial mass group by emphasizing their accents, hairdos, dress and non mainstream names. It is a cold indifferent world out there, something is better than nothing.
Not really. “Black” was an imposed term after Africans of all backgrounds had their cultures beaten and stripped from them. Yes, over 40 ethnic groups. It’s not a term people chose for themselves. The whole modern idea of race was not cultivated by African descendants or “black” people. The only places you see “black” on a census in Africa is where European were in large numbers (South Africa). Africans identify ethnically/culturally. In the U.S., people of African descent melded the cultures they had left and created more culture, as humans do. After multiple imposed labels from greater society, the “black” label lasted, as it did in certain other places.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 08-13-2020 at 07:59 PM..

Old 08-13-2020, 08:02 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,255,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
No one is a racist, of course. Perish the thought.

And yet everyone is a racist.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:05 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,255,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
LOL. This is amusing. I don’t see this type of complaining when immigrants support each other’s businesses. In fact, you all talk about how certain immigrants, East Asians for example, support each other. But the minute Black people do the same, it becomes a problem and you’re angry about it.
I don't begrudge group solidarity.

I read the OP as alleging social pressure from non-blacks to frequent black businesses.

I haven't actually seen that, mind you. But that was what I read into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies