Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 08:32 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Then explain it.
Do the assigned homework, then you won't have to rely on others !!! Ok !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 08:47 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Right now there's a big push to "buy from black owned businesses"... You're not buying because it's the best price, better quality, the fastest shipping, best customer service. No, you're simply being told by the left media to purchase from the business because the owner is black.

So isn't that racism? "Don't buy from that white owned business with the better prices and faster shipping, no buy from the black guy cause he's black.".

So is racism still racism if it's a positive?
There is so much racism and hatred (openly accepted and pushed) directed at whites in America today it's head-spinning.

I know where this leads - it will lead to outright genocide of whites in this country down the road. It's so clear and obvious you can't deny it.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
How is this different than the push to "buy American" instead of Chinese goods?
Touchê

Old 08-13-2020, 09:06 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
What group of people call 90% of Black voters stupid slaves who just do what White people tell them to do bc they can't think for themselves? It's not Liberals...
Actually yes. It is. They are not saying it in so many words.... but their actions proves it. We are just surprised you can't see it too. But go ahead and belive what you want if that makes you feel better.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:14 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Right now there's a big push to "buy from black owned businesses"... You're not buying because it's the best price, better quality, the fastest shipping, best customer service. No, you're simply being told by the left media to purchase from the business because the owner is black.

So isn't that racism? "Don't buy from that white owned business with the better prices and faster shipping, no buy from the black guy cause he's black.".

So is racism still racism if it's a positive?
I do not accept your premise that blacks supporting fellow black businesses is racism.

Now if they were to boycott all white businesses based on the race of the owner, that might be a better example of racism.
However, many minority communities support their own local businesses, and it has helped them increase their economic and social standing. So I see nothing wrong with blacks attempting to buy from those in their community.

`

Old 08-13-2020, 09:16 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I do not accept your premise that blacks supporting fellow black businesses is racism.

Now if they were to boycott all white businesses based on the race of the owner, that might be a better example of racism.
However, many minority communities support their own local businesses, and it has helped them increase their economic and social standing. So I see nothing wrong with blacks attempting to buy from those in their community.

`

Are you cool with white people supporting only white businesses?

Old 08-14-2020, 07:35 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
America and China are countries where products are produced giving jobs/income to citizens of that country which in turn helps the economy.

Black and white represent individuals of a particular race, both of whom contribute to the American economy. Singling out one over the other is racism.
Since countries are not a race and their economic well being benefits all citizens, singling out one over the other is actually patriotic.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:57 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,915 times
Quote:
What group of people call 90% of Black voters stupid slaves who just do what White people tell them to do bc they can't think for themselves? It's not Liberals...

"If you don't vote Biden, you aint black!"

Old 08-14-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I don't begrudge group solidarity.

I read the OP as alleging social pressure from non-blacks to frequent black businesses.

I haven't actually seen that, mind you. But that was what I read into it.

There is some social pressure online to do so. That affects the younger generations of course more than the over-30s.

I won't PURPOSELY shop somewhere based on their immutable characteristics. If someone wants to, that's their prerogative.

But yes, it walks a fine line. Imagine you were the only white owned business in a majority black area and encouraged whites on media to support you and shop there. Something tells me that you won't get the same applause as "buy black" movements.

I think people would get less worked up about things if there wasn't such a double standard.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:

This has to be explained to you? What race are the American people? You know that not all Chinese are the same, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies