Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2020, 08:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"Making a false statement to federal investigators"

Exactly what Flynn did.

Further, not "OK". As I said, they can share a cell. Good riddance to both of them.

Flynn is not my "political opponent", either.
Is Andrew Weissmann next?
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sharingbuttons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 08:19 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He added three words to one e-mail.

Please answer my question with details, why is Clinesmith's action "material" and Flynn's is not?
Page was a source for the CIA vs Page was never a source for the CIA.

DC at the Ridge was a paid operative of the DNC vs DC at the Ridge was never a paid operative of the DNC.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:34 PM

445 posts, read 168,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Clinesmith is pleading guilty to making a false statement. Cool. Roger Stone was convicted of making false statements. So Trump will commute Clinesmith's sentence just like he did for Stone, right?
Making false statements and falsifying a warrant are not the same thing.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-15-2020 at 05:12 AM..

Old 08-14-2020, 09:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Clinesmith is pleading guilty to making a false statement. Cool. Roger Stone was convicted of making false statements. So Trump will commute Clinesmith's sentence just like he did for Stone, right?
Actually altering documents.

https://api.parler.com/l/4ySdb

Old 08-15-2020, 05:11 AM

57,303 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
"The Left" believes what it wants to believe ....... FACTS don't matter.
The FACTS would certainly matter IF the Trump Administration tried to do the same thing to Democrats.
Falsifying records to SPY on them, tap their phones, collect their emails ...... Heads would explode.

You didn't ask me, but you already know the answer.
Clinesmith ALTERED emails and FABRICATED "evidence" to send to a FISA Court to get warrants.
Warrants to SPY on a Political Opponent to Hillary Clinton.

Clinesmith was involved in the Clinton Email scandal, was a member of Mueller's Team and they ALL knew in June 2017 that he FABRICATED the "evidence" to SPY on the Trump Campaign.

My understanding at this point is that Clinesmith worked out that HE was a "Fall Guy" and went to the Durham Team to work out a Co-Operation agreement. That means he rats on those who gave him orders.

One Felony Count on "False Information" may save his Law License --- IF he can turn on those who gave him the orders to Falsify Information to the Secret FISA Court. He knows who gave him the orders, if he has a brain at all ..... he can prove it. The Federal Government runs on reams of Bureaucratic paperwork.

AG Barr is on a very tight Clock and he knows it.
Expect more by Tuesday.
Boy is that a giant leap over one email, you might want to stick with the facts of this one case rather than constructing some fantasy.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:20 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Take it up with the folks at Fox News, not me.

"Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith will plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham's review..."

You sure are confused. You are labouring under the misconception that the entirety and severity of the crime is found in the headline charge.

Well actually, I know you aren't really. You are feigning ignorance because it hurts your team. Congrats on your dutiful adherence to the talking points.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Maybe? Maybe not. I couldn't possibly care less and I have no idea what this has to do with my post.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:25 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You sure are confused. You are labouring under the misconception that the entirety and severity of the crime is found in the headline charge.

Well actually, I know you aren't really. You are feigning ignorance because it hurts your team. Congrats on your dutiful adherence to the talking points.
Nope, not confused at all. Simply using the same language as the cited article, not the headline.

I don't have a "team" - I'm glad to see someone be punished if they broke the law.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:16 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
he didn't make a false statement. he falsified information that would have derailed the FISA warrant that was being used to spy on the Trump campaign. His actions covered up the fact that the original FISA warrant was in place based on false information that allowed the government to treat a CIA asset and patriot like a criminal spy.

Clinesmith's actions were MATERIAL. Flynns actions no matter what, were not material.
A false statement can be given orally or in writing. Clinesmith's false statement was in writing, his alteration [falsification] of the email.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:21 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Talk about witch hunt. Make a felon out of someone who change the text of an email. From what I read, did he really just add" NOT" to the previous text from another email?
It's not the changing of the text, it's the "why" that makes is a felony.

I know libs are trying to make out like this is no big deal, but it IS. If a government law enforcement official can think that changing an email, to spark an investigation of a US presidential candidate, is acceptable, that is treason. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies