Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 12:44 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,037,392 times

Advertisements

https://crosscut.com/2020/04/washing...uilt-overnight

https://mynorthwest.com/1893385/rant...mail-national/

Why didn't the democrats in congress start this in 2009 or 2010? They had FULL control over congress AND the white house and they could have. They want to push something that takes 5-10 years to implement safely and accurately in 5-10 WEEKS. They can claim its to keep people safe all they want but with early voting, absentee voting etc etc its already plenty safe for people with any immune system issues. My parents and grandmother early vote or absentee vote because its hard for them to leave the house at times or just for convenience, yet I ALWAYS vote on election day its my tradition. If democrats cared about people's safety we wouldn't have seen seniors shoved into nursing homes and left to die, this entire china virus thing has become a HUGE political football and the left thinks they can use a crisis to get something they COULD HAVE HAD when they controlled the entire government.

Thanks to the efforts of Washington Secretary of State Kim Wyman, we have a fully functioning and safe vote-by-mail system here. Is it perfect? No. We still have instances of fraud, however minimal. A national system will have the same fraud in the future. If you implement it for November, you’ll have a ton of fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 12:46 PM

Does anyone truly believe every state, in a matter of months, can set up entire vote-by-mail systems? Really? In Iowa, the Democratic National Committee went to an app-based caucus counting system. It used new technology that they worked on for about two years. We know how that story ended.

Republicans argue this system is ripe for fraud. They’re right: Unless you have enough time to set up the system, to make it secure, it can very easily be exploited. And there are legitimate concerns over ballot harvesting (though both sides use it; it should be illegal).

Old 08-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 24 days ago)

35,735 posts, read 18,082,654 times
It's certainly not helped by a president who is choking the Postal Service to death.

It does seem that the message is getting out. Don't mail in your votes, take them to an official drop off location in your area.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's certainly not helped by a president who is choking the Postal Service to death.
You mean reforming a system and agency that has lost money for DECADES. Again something ANY other president SHOULD have done and didn't.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 24 days ago)

35,735 posts, read 18,082,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
You mean reforming a system and agency that has lost money for DECADES. Again something ANY other president SHOULD have done and didn't.
Reforming?

I first got a whiff that the Postal Service was being choked off from a friend who who lives in Lubbock. She said the mail man doesn't come every day - many missed days during the last few weeks.

You can't believe that it's just a PURE coincidence that the president is trying to kill the postal service at the very time when they will be relied on to transport a lot of votes against him for this election?

Do you?

Old 08-16-2020, 12:54 PM

15,897 posts, read 6,601,663 times
I don't know about 5-10 years, but if a state didn't have it set up by April of this year it is probably risky to try.

Then again we are in a national emergency, which was declared back in March.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:54 PM

8,801 posts, read 5,104,195 times
Quote:

https://mynorthwest.com/1893385/rant...mail-national/

Why didn't the democrats in congress start this in 2009 or 2010? They had FULL control over congress AND the white house and they could have. They want to push something that takes 5-10 years to implement safely and accurately in 5-10 WEEKS. They can claim its to keep people safe all they want but with early voting, absentee voting etc etc its already plenty safe for people with any immune system issues. My parents and grandmother early vote or absentee vote because its hard for them to leave the house at times or just for convenience, yet I ALWAYS vote on election day its my tradition. If democrats cared about people's safety we wouldn't have seen seniors shoved into nursing homes and left to die, this entire china virus thing has become a HUGE political football and the left thinks they can use a crisis to get something they COULD HAVE HAD when they controlled the entire government.

Thanks to the efforts of Washington Secretary of State Kim Wyman, we have a fully functioning and safe vote-by-mail system here. Is it perfect? No. We still have instances of fraud, however minimal. A national system will have the same fraud in the future. If you implement it for November, you’ll have a ton of fraud.
This! Great post

Old 08-16-2020, 12:59 PM

2,487 posts, read 1,429,415 times
The bottom line is that those opposed to trump winning view this as a last minute chance to sway the election. The post office is going away just like the pony express did. Changes should be made BUT NOT BEFORE THE ELECTION......

Old 08-16-2020, 01:03 PM

24,590 posts, read 17,335,653 times
Quote:

Trump campaigned on cutting the fat out of the Feds which would normally be a good thing but he sure picked a poor time to do it.

This whole mail in vote scheme is set to benefit the Democrats and they know it else they would not be pushing so hard for it.

The whole thing sounds like a repeat of the lead up to Obamacare. Do you remember when Pelosi said that she and her cronies had to pass it to see what was in it ?? Well now is not the time to be experimenting with mail in voting nationwide.

I don't even like the idea of receiving a ballot in the mail and then dropping that into a dedicated box in your town/city. It all seems to be so ripe for fraud from the postman holding ballots from Trump supporters, to filled out ballots being "lost" or worse a household receiving a stack of ballots for everyone living there and one person filling them all out.

I can see it now a young liberal woman home from college intercepts and fills the ballots out and her dad asks "honey did you see the ballots yet" yes dad and I filled them out and sent them back.. "you checked Trump on mine right?? Yes Daddy of course I did...

The Feds are bad enough when they take their time implementing policies and rushing something in as important as voting could be a disaster.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Reforming?

I first got a whiff that the Postal Service was being choked off from a friend who who lives in Lubbock. She said the mail man doesn't come every day - many missed days during the last few weeks.

You can't believe that it's just a PURE coincidence that the president is trying to kill the postal service at the very time when they will be relied on to transport a lot of votes against him for this election?

Do you?
Our mailman comes every day he is supposed to, never a problem. It may be different in different areas of the country, this is expected from a agency that is dying,bloated and we can't just keep throwing money at it. He isn't trying to kill it, he is trying to reform it. The democrats idea of mail in voting 100% WILL kill the USPS because even places that have 100% mail in voting say this is a bad idea to try and do it so quickly. Reform can be painful but its necessary. The democrats are causing a problem and then trying to blame Trump for something they could have dealt with YEARS ago when they had full control over the entire government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies