Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 01:28 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times

Advertisements

[quote=;233876]Young men and children STILL dying in Iraq-for what? QUOTE]

Democracy of free people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 03:57 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Democracy?-

I think that's subjective- also NOT everyone agrees. Still doesn't answer about the health care issues- over 50 million in US without medical coverage. Bush doesn't care, as long as his Pfizer and Humana stocks keep paying dividends.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:33 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,476,142 times
UM S.1932 Gave the STATES the power to decide medicaid. Again NOT Bush. This is a local issue in FL. If you don't like how it works there than Get rid of your local goverment and stop pointing fingers. Other states made out very well with this law. It is all in how the local goverment reacted to the law. Just because yours reacted poorly don't make it a bad law. Learn the facts first then complain. Besides Most states hospitals can't refuse you treatment. How do you think the mexicans get health care if they are not here legaly? Ya we pay for it but it is better than the Canadian Hospital and doctor insurance lol.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:08 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Democracy?-

I think that's subjective- also NOT everyone agrees. Still doesn't answer about the health care issues- over 50 million in US without medical coverage. Bush doesn't care, as long as his Pfizer and Humana stocks keep paying dividends.
I believe it is democracy and I don't feel like engaging in a Iraqi War Arm Wrestling Match. I disagree with your next statement, because no one truly knows how other people feel towards an issue unless you ask them. Regardless of this, I respect your opinions.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
UM S.1932 Gave the STATES the power to decide medicaid. Again NOT Bush. This is a local issue in FL. If you don't like how it works there than Get rid of your local goverment and stop pointing fingers. Other states made out very well with this law. It is all in how the local goverment reacted to the law. Just because yours reacted poorly don't make it a bad law. Learn the facts first then complain. Besides Most states hospitals can't refuse you treatment. How do you think the mexicans get health care if they are not here legaly? Ya we pay for it but it is better than the Canadian Hospital and doctor insurance lol.
Ok- so when your insurance refuses to pay, and puts a lien on your house for 200k- that's all good- my brother is an ER dr.-they HAVE to treat illegals for free-so the hospital doesn't get sued. BUT when any American's health insurance company feels like backing out, they can- and then YOU, the citizen are held legally responsible. Maybe I don't have the facts of every state- the fact is- Universal Health care is needed. If you think we still have a good system, then I applaud your denial.

;

Old 12-28-2006, 05:45 PM

91 posts, read 152,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
UM drugs are bad for you. Cutting services is good it means less spending. And YES you can make a bomb out of these things.
so then, you're saying too, that people with disabilities need to be exterminated from the planet???!!!! and HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY EVER MAKE A BOMB OUT OF COLOGNE/PERFUME???!!!! FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, YOU COULD MIX ALL THE COLOGNES, PERFUMES, DEODORANTS, SHAMPOOS, AND SOAPS IN THE WORLD, AND YOU WILL NEVER, EVER GET ANYTHING MORE EXPLOSIVE THAN A GLASS OF WATER!!!

Old 12-28-2006, 06:02 PM

lol-lonelychicagoan-
Also- recently at the airport they DO let you have some liquids/gels; but they have to be put in a plastic bag to be X-rayed. So if you are at Honolulu airport running late, and have 500 people waiting to get through security, this procedure must be done one by one. Thanks, Bush.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:45 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,476,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
so then, you're saying too, that people with disabilities need to be exterminated from the planet???!!!! and HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY EVER MAKE A BOMB OUT OF COLOGNE/PERFUME???!!!! FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, YOU COULD MIX ALL THE COLOGNES, PERFUMES, DEODORANTS, SHAMPOOS, AND SOAPS IN THE WORLD, AND YOU WILL NEVER, EVER GET ANYTHING MORE EXPLOSIVE THAN A GLASS OF WATER!!!
Wow arn't you exstream. No I'm saying unless you are truely disabled you shouldn't get money. I'm glad they cut services maybe the "CRONIC ALCOHOLIC" will no longer get SSI or others that don't deserve it. And I was pointing out the fact that it isn't Bush that causes your problem it is your Local and state Gov. Hense me giving you the Law Name and title. So point your finger else where. As far as your point of view on Bomb making, It is a good thing you don't have a clue. Some one that don't learn the facts first should not have that kind of Knowlage. As I said pick up a book. any idiot can make those things exsplode. Did you know coffee creamer is EXTREAMLY FLAMABLE ? or aluminum is exsplosive as are icecream cones. and many other things you would not think twice about. So instead of ranting about stuff you have no Knowledge of learn the facts then complain. til then good night.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:45 PM

454 posts, read 906,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
Holy smokes. You're serious! This is incredible.

Time to call this one for what it is.

The following is a test. Seeing you did not respond to my last test, I am not holding my breath. But here goes. Do you think that you could go out to the store and get a bottle of water? You will find it at most grocery stores. Now, do you think you can go to wherever you need to and buy a bottle of Vodka? Most people I know can do that. Now, here is the test. How do you get the water out of the bottle, and get the vodka to get into the water bottle? (hint: it does not take a magic wand).

So, once you have figured out this part, pick up the bottle, you know the one that says "water" on it. Now tell me. What are you holding? A bottle of what?

Now, lets move forward here. Did you see the news coverage about the liquids that can be mixed to form an explosive that could go boom? I saw it on the news! It was real!

Now, please try hard to put together the two things above (please feel free to review if necessary). Can you think of anyway that a bottle that had something in it, oh, lets say like shampoo, cologne, water, whatever, could possible have another liquid in it? Again, review above if necessary.

From what plain of existance does one come from where the support of reducing the growth of spending is equal to exterminating people with disabilities? That would be like saying that if you owned a business and had to cut back expenses by laying off an employee would be the same as supporting taking a gun and shooting the employee dead. Brother.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:14 AM

311 posts, read 618,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
Holy smokes. You're serious! This is incredible.

Time to call this one for what it is.

The following is a test. Seeing you did not respond to my last test, I am not holding my breath. But here goes. Do you think that you could go out to the store and get a bottle of water? You will find it at most grocery stores. Now, do you think you can go to wherever you need to and buy a bottle of Vodka? Most people I know can do that. Now, here is the test. How do you get the water out of the bottle, and get the vodka to get into the water bottle? (hint: it does not take a magic wand).

So, once you have figured out this part, pick up the bottle, you know the one that says "water" on it. Now tell me. What are you holding? A bottle of what?

Now, lets move forward here. Did you see the news coverage about the liquids that can be mixed to form an explosive that could go boom? I saw it on the news! It was real!

Now, please try hard to put together the two things above (please feel free to review if necessary). Can you think of anyway that a bottle that had something in it, oh, lets say like shampoo, cologne, water, whatever, could possible have another liquid in it? Again, review above if necessary.

From what plain of existance does one come from where the support of reducing the growth of spending is equal to exterminating people with disabilities? That would be like saying that if you owned a business and had to cut back expenses by laying off an employee would be the same as supporting taking a gun and shooting the employee dead. Brother.
That was great, duff! In simple English....thanks for not giving the Spanish version!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies