Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 07:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,900,247 times

Advertisements

If Trump win the left will have a collective melt down, again. They refuse to accept that playing to extremists is not a winning recipe.

Trump is bad enough. Play to the base.The base which even moderate Republicans can go along with because base democrats are reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 07:16 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,038,283 times
A 10: anyone in any major city should plan on fortressing in for weeks afterwards: have enough food and other supplies to last for weeks as amazon might not deliver with riots going on.

Old 08-23-2020, 07:26 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,184,634 times
If Trump wins clearly and decisively, then the Left won't do much except complain.

If Trump wins by cheating, which he has demonstrated a willingness to do, then yes, there will be protests. "Cheating" would include suing states over late ballots and then running to the Supreme Court to declare him the winner, just like Bush did in 2000. Trump is setting this scenario up, that's why he is using DeJoy to sabotage the post office.

If Biden wins, watch out. Homeland Security and the FBI have already issued warnings that right wing extremists may engage in violent activities.

Old 08-23-2020, 07:29 PM

4 posts, read 899 times
Similar to now. Complacency and trolling are two of Trumps priorities all while this country is falling apart just so he can abdicate responsibility.

Old 08-23-2020, 07:42 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,957,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Full scale riots AKA National Guard call up.

As we have seen lunatics these days will riot and loot at every single opportunity, justifying it with some mumbo jumbo about how it takes such actions for the world to take notice.

Yea, the world notices alright, what a bunch of crazies these rioters and looters are.

But one thing is for sure. There are many cities where citizens won't tolerate that nonsense and will defend themselves as we have seen in Boise.
That is because Covid has ravaged the REAL economy. The stock market has gone up but largely 90% of the gains have not gone to those at the food banks and those facing real financial hardships because their work closed down. That also doesn't go to say that those who had Covid-19 aren't on easy street as well. After 14 days, you now have 60% of your pay not 100% and no guarantee your job is safe.

I think more people are hurting than we realize. A lot of those that rioted 28 years ago when Rodney King's assailants got off, most people rioting didn't have stable jobs, most were rioting during an economic slowdown similar to now. The only difference is it wasn't attributed to a pandemic. Both times the president ignored that the economy was truly bad.

As for riots, I think if Trump wins it there will be more. I think Trump if he does win will be similarly close margins to 2016 against Clinton. If Biden wins, I imagine it won't be a full landslide unless cases get much worse but states will not be in margin of error of about 3/4%. Maybe two states are close but none that really make a difference unlike say Wisconsin and Pennsylvania in 2016.

I think Biden wins. The cerantinty of the win isn't clear unless we see a huge reassurance due to reopening schools and the early flu season or newer economic numbers that aren't as positive.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:07 PM

4,935 posts, read 2,079,702 times
If Trumps win and using your scale, the Left will riot and violence will be around 5-6 for the first few months and possibly 6-7 after January 21st until law and order is enforced by federal authorities with the use of the Army National Guard and most likely supported by the Active Army’s 82nd Airborne Division and Active Marine units.

If Biden wins, using this scale, the Right will not riot or cause any violence, at first, so I’d say 1-2, but a few will demonstrate and I believe that they will be attacked by Leftist thugs, causing a rise in violence in future demonstrations... raising that scale of violence from the Right to 2-3 AND possibly up to 5-6 if local authorities fail to protect them AND equally enforce the law.

Being factual, look at all the violence the Left is currently causing around the country, in our major urban centers, that would be a clue of what’s to come... Let’s be honest, I don’t see that many people on the Right looting and rioting... Am I wrong, please correct me.

Basically, we’re all screwed and it doesn’t matter where you fall on the political scale. All I can say is if I’m threaten or my property is threatened or if I’m threatened into being silent, I’ll resist to the max. But, I’m hoping that the authorities, both on the Left and Right, will enforce law and order... Equally and fairly.

Last edited by bergun; 08-23-2020 at 08:25 PM..

Old 08-24-2020, 04:45 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,331,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If Trump wins clearly and decisively, then the Left won't do much except complain.

If Trump wins by cheating, which he has demonstrated a willingness to do, then yes, there will be protests. "Cheating" would include suing states over late ballots and then running to the Supreme Court to declare him the winner, just like Bush did in 2000. Trump is setting this scenario up, that's why he is using DeJoy to sabotage the post office.

If Biden wins, watch out. Homeland Security and the FBI have already issued warnings that right wing extremists may engage in violent activities.
[quote=Elliott_CA;58979223]If Trump wins clearly and decisively, then the Left won't do much except complain.

I'm calling BS on this one. You mean like they did with criminal George Floyd? Just few complaints and peacful protests?

Old 08-24-2020, 05:06 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,534,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Lol, no one truly believes this. What is actually happening is the left a building this narrative as the next impeachment lie. As you know.

Old 08-24-2020, 05:15 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,513,644 times
If Trump wins again, how much violence will we see?

Hard to say, depends on how many people Trump is willing to gas or worse to clear the way for yet another inane Dog & Pony Show.

Old 08-24-2020, 05:21 AM

5,297 posts, read 5,251,932 times
Win or lose, there will be riots. The left will use either as an excuse to riot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies