Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for or against mandatory vaccines
Yes I am for mandatory vaccines 32 28.32%
No I am against mandatory vaccines 81 71.68%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 05:02 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
no its a state law no matter what school you go to you have to get the flu vaccine. this is the state mandating it not schools!

it wont be mandatory until it is. all the goverment does is take away peoples rights.
Then go to another state to go to school.

You do not have the right to spread a potentially lethal disease.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:05 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No one will hold you down and give you a vaccine.

Your choice whether to take it and go to a state college or go somewhere else.

No one is putting microchips in any vaccines.The RFID chip discussed in the video identifies the syringe, it is not in the vaccine itself. It is like a bar code. Did you even listen to the video?
I am saying it should be illegal to threaten someone saying you get this flu shot which you dont want or you dont go to this school.

its the same as if you dont let me have nonconsensual sex with you you will be fired or you cant work here.

get the logic even if you dont agree?

Old 08-26-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Then go to another state to go to school.

You do not have the right to spread a potentially lethal disease.
If i know i have a virus and spread it on purpose that is on me. IF i do not know then I am not willfully spreading any disease.

Judge napalitano explained this if you know you have the virus and spread it its illegal but you can not hold a person responsible if they do not know.

first off you cant assume i do have the virus. many will never get the virus so why should they be forced to do something to make you feel safe. if the vaccine works you can get it and not worry if i got it or not.

its simple you obviously dont care about peoples right to choose what they do with their body.

so everyone should be forced to be vaccinated with every vaccine in the world because anyone could have any disease at any time?

health care is not a one size fits all.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:11 PM

291 posts, read 109,397 times
Quote:
too bad the flu shot can be as low as 10 percent effective. oh some kids have been killed by vaccines.

there was one poster on here that lost his daughter.

was something else then, i dunno. maybe modern laziness levels (pretty much 90% of eberyone is too lazy 100% of the time) might make your death chances high

Old 08-26-2020, 05:12 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
I am saying it should be illegal to threaten someone saying you get this flu shot which you dont want or you dont go to this school.

its the same as if you dont let me have nonconsensual sex with you you will be fired or you cant work here.

I agree. It’s called coercion and it’s not OK.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
Why would I have to worry about them? If you want a kid, have a kid. If you need an abortion, get an abortion. Neither of those things affect the people around you. Spreading an infectious disease does.
An abortion impacts the baby who would otherwise live.

I’m actually pro choice when it comes to vaccines and abortion but I just don’t pretend that no one loses a life in an abortion because they do.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
I wondering how many people here are for or against mandatory vaccines.

I am against them because it should be a persons decision. Massechusetts has made the flu shot mandatory for school children and parents are not happy.

Not all vaccines are safe for everyone and if someone gets sick or dies well thats just collateral damage.
Depends.
I grew up in the Polio years. That was a mandatory vaccine and it cured Polio.
That’s not the issue today ... we are now talking about rushed Vacines with the added issue of those Rushing the Vaccine invested in them for massive Profit and MONEY-MONEY-MONEY.
It’s Politicized due to an Election Battle. I doubt I would take the vaccine under those conditions.

It’s not about Health or even People ..... it about Power/Money .... or at least that is the perception due to the Flip-Flops/Lies by the ‘Scientist’. Trust Lost is hard to regain.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Depends.
That’s not the issue today ... we are now talking about rushed Vacines with the added issue of those Rushing the Vaccine invested in them for massive Profit and MONEY-MONEY-MONEY.
It’s Politicized due to an Election Battle. I doubt I would take the vaccine under those conditions.

It’s not about Health or even People ..... it about Power/Money .... or at least that is the perception due to the Flip-Flops/Lies by the ‘Scientist’. Trust Lost is hard to regain.

ya you are older then me was the vaccine mandatory in the united states? like i have told others I am not 100 percent against vaccines only certain ones. with all thats going on now like you said its hard to trust these companies when profit and power is their motive.

They should never rush a vaccine for a disease that 99 percent who get it survive. Polio was a serious problem.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:27 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:

No, that is not logical.

Mandatory vaccines threaten no one. You may choose to vaccinate or not. No one will physically hold you down and give you a shot.

Quote:
If i know i have a virus and spread it on purpose that is on me. IF i do not know then I am not willfully spreading any disease.

Judge napalitano explained this if you know you have the virus and spread it its illegal but you can not hold a person responsible if they do not know.

first off you cant assume i do have the virus. many will never get the virus so why should they be forced to do something to make you feel safe. if the vaccine works you can get it and not worry if i got it or not.

its simple you obviously dont care about peoples right to choose what they do with their body.

so everyone should be forced to be vaccinated with every vaccine in the world because anyone could have any disease at any time?

health care is not a one size fits all.
It does not matter whether you are aware that you are infected or not from a public health perspective. The result is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Depends.

The polio vaccine was not mandatory. Voluntary uptake was high enough to eliminate it in the US. Vaccines are highly cost effective. They save much more money in other health care costs than what is spent on the vaccines themselves.

The vaccine did not cure polio, it eliminated it from circulating in the wild.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
Alright. But.

It's a moronic analogy.

Abortions don't magically spread to other women through some weird-a*s form of osmosis. Abortions are not an infectious disease.

Why do I have to type those words out?
There’s also no guarantee that if I get the flu shot that I won’t get the flu anyway and someone might catch it and die.

I agree, it’s moronic to compare the intentional act of ending a life which some refer to as murder to not getting the flu vaccine. Abortions definitely end in death while the act of not getting a vaccine often leads to nothing at all happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies