Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for or against mandatory vaccines
Yes I am for mandatory vaccines 32 28.32%
No I am against mandatory vaccines 81 71.68%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 01:49 PM

10,246 posts, read 6,337,511 times

Advertisements

I worked in Corporate for a Fortune 500 Pharm in 1976. They weren't telling their own employees to get that flu vaccination. In fact the subject was not be to talked about at all!!!!! You were met with blank stares and frowns if you brought up that flu vaccination.

Only in my 20's then but that started me questioning flu shots. Big time Marketing ploy to see how far public would go with it. If it was so critical, why weren't they promoting it to their own employees?

Experience working in the industry doesn't count?

Old 08-25-2020, 02:33 PM

8,260 posts, read 3,513,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A lot of “anti-vaxxers” are just ex-vaxxers who stopped after their child had a bad reaction to a vaccine. It’s not at all easy to get a medical exemption even if your child had a reaction so it’s true that some will try to use a religious exemption instead in an effort to try to protect their kids from further harm. Can’t blame them. Parents first priority is to their kids, even if others don’t understand.
I have auto immune disease developed in childhood after forced vaccinations. I am so ill from it that I am on chemo to keep my immune system shut down because it was killing me. Vaccines can damage the immune system permanently.

Old 08-25-2020, 02:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,774,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I have auto immune disease developed in childhood after forced vaccinations. I am so ill from it that I am on chemo to keep my immune system shut down because it was killing me. Vaccines can damage the immune system permanently.
I’m sorry. That’s terrible.

I started showing symptoms for my autoimmune disease for the first time not long after my one and only flu shot. I know most would say it’s just coincidence but who knows.

Old 08-25-2020, 02:44 PM

6,371 posts, read 2,919,490 times
Vaccines are effective and save lives, but I believe in freedom.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:25 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,852,196 times
Mandatory vaccines will be equally as successful as the anti Right to Bear campaign is.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:27 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,852,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airemp76 View Post
it would be great if vaccines were mandatory, it would make sure people dont get sick

ive had lots of vaccines (flu, pneumonia, aids, etc.) and i can verify it wont kill your kids
I know someone who had the flu vaccine every year and died of complications of the flu that she contracted.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:16 PM

25 posts, read 10,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo
I am so sorry..... I also have an auto immune disease from vaccines... I am using MMS to try and get rid of the poison..... It looks like its slowly fading,especially the patches on my arms....... But I am running out of the MMS stuff and I dont wanna stop taking it so I will probably order more...... (Big pharma stuff doesnt do anything but mask it,make it go into remission)

I want to get this crap out of my system!!!

Last edited by sattg; 08-25-2020 at 04:26 PM..

Old 08-25-2020, 05:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,938,759 times
Yes I am for vaccines and for mandating them. Injuries related to vaccines (one of the most common criticisms for vaccines) are rather uncommon based on reporting. Only 6,600 claims filed to the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program over two decades with billions upon billion vaccines given. And we aren't talking bruises, in the case of the Tetnis shot a weak arm the next day or getting the virus despite the vaccine but serious reactions such as allergic reactions.

My only caveat is that we have enough vaccines and the vaccines are shown to work. One problem with the flu shot is that the vaccine contains the common flu strains expected that year, this makes it harder to figure out. What is a problem is a case like that of Shingles where the vaccine has a 90% efficacy rate meaning 10% of those vaccinated can get it. We don't know the efficacy of Covid-19 vaccines. Also we have to have a supply that can provide for say 60/70% of the population to mandate them and accessibility to vaccinations. Most can be done in doctor's offices and clinics so it isn’t a problem unless you just don't trust doctors.

Old 08-25-2020, 06:18 PM

45,250 posts, read 26,498,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes I am for vaccines and for mandating them. Injuries related to vaccines (one of the most common criticisms for vaccines) are rather uncommon based on reporting. Only 6,600 claims filed to the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program over two decades with billions upon billion vaccines given. And we aren't talking bruises, in the case of the Tetnis shot a weak arm the next day or getting the virus despite the vaccine but serious reactions such as allergic reactions.

My only caveat is that we have enough vaccines and the vaccines are shown to work. One problem with the flu shot is that the vaccine contains the common flu strains expected that year, this makes it harder to figure out. What is a problem is a case like that of Shingles where the vaccine has a 90% efficacy rate meaning 10% of those vaccinated can get it. We don't know the efficacy of Covid-19 vaccines. Also we have to have a supply that can provide for say 60/70% of the population to mandate them and accessibility to vaccinations. Most can be done in doctor's offices and clinics so it isn’t a problem unless you just don't trust doctors.
What happened to "my body, my choice"?

Old 08-25-2020, 06:28 PM

45,250 posts, read 26,498,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
The fact that I have to sit here and actually type the words "Abortions are not the same as infectious diseases" pains me to the ends of the Earth.

I need a beer...
Maybe it will help the logical and moral inconsistency you're suffering from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies