Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 06:19 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Why would the police say "drop the knife" if he didn't have one?
You and every other right winger in here, has got to be kidding right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 06:22 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
No weapon has been found, so blake couldn't have been doing anything more than trying to get in his car, but everyone is assuming he was reaching for a weapon. Hilarious. Produce the weapon!

Old 08-26-2020, 06:23 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I do believe that they should’ve used pepper spray. I think in a lot of these unruly situations it should be pepper spray, tase, and then as a last resort to a threat using the gun. If they had used pepper spray he wouldn’t be able to see that well and this would’ve likely been avoided.

There should be some procedure for how to de escalate a situation first, given the circumstances, reaching in the car isn’t a bright move and it is almost asking for the use of deadly force. What I’m arguing is there was a more effective way that they could’ve tried to prevent him from getting to the car and reaching in.

Pepper spray doesn't work on everyone. The taser didn't work on him.

At this point, they've given the man at least two chances to stop acting like a criminal - fighting on the ground and trying to subdue and the taser.

I have zero sympathy for this Blake dummy. He had chance after chance and blew it.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:28 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
First, thank you for taking the time to respond because I know you're frustrated. I get that. And we all get frustrated here - you're not alone.

In this case, video came out rather quickly so it's easy to arrive at some conclusions. But with some posters if you provide proof the sun is yellow, they'll argue that you're lying and it's a cloudy day which means it's gray. Thus the bickering.

Personally, I don't think they needed to unload 8 bullets in a man's back, but I've never had to do the job of a cop and I can see where they just keep going once that first bullet is shot.

This could have been avoided. It seemed like they did everything they could before they got to a point where they felt threatened. But that's just my opinion.

It's a rough group here and isn't for everyone. Even some of us crusty old-timers take breaks from it from time to time.
It's a tough situation. I don't what they're gonna do.

Cops are going to walk off the job and pursue other careers.

People are not going to want to be city cops, and there's not enough spaces for well paid suburban and state jobs.

The other thing is that with what's going on ... how can you even justify pulling your gun? I mean, I don't know if you could blame a cop for not responding to that call right now ... I guess that would get you fired, but, there's a chance you're going to die or get fired anyway for shooting someone. What's going through your mind if you're a city cop right now?

It's just ... wow. Just the partisan nature of this country has brought this to the level it is.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
No weapon has been found, so blake couldn't have been doing anything more than trying to get in his car, but everyone is assuming he was reaching for a weapon. Hilarious. Produce the weapon!
He had a knife.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
They did.

It didn't work.

Now what?
That's what they said.

Why were they going after him in the first place?

7 shots....you don't think one shot would have worked?

Old 08-26-2020, 06:33 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
He had a knife.
"The Wisconsin attorney general says Jacob Blake — the Black man shot seven times in the back by a police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Sunday — was near a knife when the shooting took place, but would not say if Blake was carrying the knife when he was shot."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ficer-n1238288

Old 08-26-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's what they said.

Why were they going after him in the first place?

7 shots....you don't think one shot would have worked?
He had the police called on him because he took a woman's keys.

He also had an active warrant.

Obviously 7 shots didn't work either as he's still alive.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:36 PM

2,006 posts, read 762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He was breaking up a fight between two women, and went back to his car to check on his children.
That’s not what the dispatcher says, he isn’t supposed to be there and he’s taking the keys and wouldn’t give them back. He was the domestic issue.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He was breaking up a fight between two women, and went back to his car to check on his children.
nope. there was no breaking up a right.
he had a warrant for a rape charge, was tased, and appeared to be going for his knife.

~the left's latest hero
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies