Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 06:26 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You sound angry.
did my questions make you uncomfortable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 06:31 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Good. Obviously it’s working since you guys are posting about it.
Define "working".

Old 08-27-2020, 06:34 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,401 times
This whole SJW thing has morphed into some kind of mental virus and it seems to be spreading rapidly among liberal minded folks. This fits all the hallmarks of what could be termed "mass psychosis", basically a psychological condition that affects large groups, or mobs of people. If you've studied mob or crowd psychology then you'll know how people act completely differently when they're among a large crowd of like minded peers. They're more likely to commit acts of violence and suspend their morality when among a large mob. This is like the psychological equivalent of that. Celebrities and media personalities are becoming an echo chamber where they all try to out virtue signal everyone else. It's both incredibly disturbing and amusing, we're living in a time where celebrities and the media have become a joke, a source of comedy because of their total lack of self-awareness & critical thinking skills. Their devout faith in wokeness is something to both ridicule and laugh at.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:36 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
I'm not sure what kind of leverage these athletes think they are pressing with these boycotts. I for one am a sports fan who has learned to live without the sports over the course of this pandemic and frankly I have no patience for this kind of crap. Continuing to live without these sports until the athletes involved get their heads straight and realize their appeal is entirely based on their athletic ability and not their ideology will be very easy. Threatening to boycott is no threat at all as far as I am concerned and I doubt I'm alone in that.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:38 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Define "working".

Creating chaos, and destruction. Societal and economic instability to affect the election. Except it will backfire and get Trump more votes. This is a strategy of desperation by the Democrats and even some in their owned MEDIA know it and are starting to say it.

Athletes are letting their huge egos get in the way of why they are paid so much and it will backfire on them. They are disrespecting their fans and calling them Racist.

Last edited by Pilot1; 08-27-2020 at 06:58 AM..

Old 08-27-2020, 06:55 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Another feel good, accomplish nothing move in the era of mindless, look at me social media attention. Call attention to the shooting? You must be joking it is 24/7 in the news and every other form of media.

So now everyone will jump into the meaningless movement from baseball cancelling games, NBA players wearing expressions on their jerseys and whatever else nonsense they can think of.

Maybe there will be a push to donate money to the cause. But where do you contribute? BLM organization? Uh, can you show me where their money has gone so far? Any IRS reports on their status as a non profit organization with a verified money trail?
NAACP? How will that help reduce police shootings?

Ironically, in order for the money to actually accomplish the goal of reducing shooting by police, the money should go for better training for officers, particularly now due to the defunding movement towards police departments.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:03 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The insanity continues to spread. What's next, suspension of billiards tournaments?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/osaka-w...032931434.html
Clearly there was/is majority support for it among the professional international tennis community otherwise they wouldn’t have suspended the tournament.

I applaud her and the rest.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:04 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times
Who cares? Seriously.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Making regular people sick of the SJW crap. Giving white liberal females another chance to virtue signal.
You don’t know who she is, do you?

https://www.naomiosaka.com/en/profile/

Old 08-27-2020, 07:10 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Gee, never heard of any celebrity or athlete walking out over the violence and killing of police officers, or anyone else. They only car about violence if it happens to thugs and criminals? Never saw one quit over the millions killed by abortion.

Women's tennis? No one cares much for women's tennis. Cancel all their tournaments. Let them go get real jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies