Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 08:47 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times

Advertisements

The judge seemed to show his hand early in this trial which didn't set things up for the prosecution like they probably hoped. Still the media made it seem as though this guy was a vigilante looking for people to shoot so it should be an open and shut case.. could be the media mislead us and likely there is good reason the prosecution is struggling with evidence to convict...
This could be a classic overreach by the prosecution trying to make a name for themselves from a high profile case. Still, its early and you just never know until the jury reads the verdict.

Regardless of the result, i don't expect any riots outside of the rioting complaints from main stream media. Don Lemon will loose his **** but who really cares..

Old 11-09-2021, 08:50 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Rittenhouse is just sitting there while the prosecutors torpedo their case every time they bring a witness to the stand. The arm shot guy made monkeys out of them as the defense shredded his account of what happened.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:53 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I love it when bicep man admitted he didn’t tell police he was armed, despite the viral photo of him holding a gun.

Well done bicep man.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:57 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Rittenhouse did a REALLY good job shooting these assailants, skateboard man got shot in the heart. One shot, one kill.

He disarmed the communist.

He put down the child rapist.

He did all of this without harming anyone who wasn't an assailant. The only blemish on his record was missing his shots at jumpkick man, but that's understandable given the circumstances.

Seriously, just a really impressive performance under extreme stress while being hunted by a violent mob.

Old 11-09-2021, 09:01 AM

4,647 posts, read 3,254,543 times
Good morning to all,

I think this is such a HOT case, that there could be backlash from EITHER side, should the end result NOT go in THEIR hope for the outcome!

Like ANYTHING in life, be ready for ANYTHING!

Old 11-09-2021, 09:09 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Rittenhouse did a REALLY good job shooting these assailants, skateboard man got shot in the heart. One shot, one kill.

He disarmed the communist.

He put down the child rapist.

He did all of this without harming anyone who wasn't an assailant. The only blemish on his record was missing his shots at jumpkick man, but that's understandable given the circumstances.

Seriously, just a really impressive performance under extreme stress while being hunted by a violent mob.
I can already think of 4 charges for Bicep Man: falsifying police report, perjury, curfew violation, and carrying a concealed firearm with expired permit

Old 11-09-2021, 09:09 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
This case will go to the jury not going to be dismissed unless the state request it likely won't happen. I agree DA's are politically motivated this is why it's s dumb idea to pull guns on people acting like the police, and taking your chances with a jury is foolish. If there was no video of this shooting Rittenhouse would have a much higher chance of being convicted. Most self defense videos there is no video.
Have you been watching the trial or has the course of evidence coming out changed your mind? It sounds almost like you're saying he actually has a self defense case at this point?

Old 11-09-2021, 09:13 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I can already think of 4 charges for Bicep Man: falsifying police report, perjury, curfew violation, and carrying a concealed firearm with expired permit
He got a political pass, although most of that would be minor and the perjury is iffy considering he can just be "in error".

Also possible that since he's got a permanent major injury that the DA felt that was sufficient punishment which I'm not sure I disagree with.

Old 11-09-2021, 09:18 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
And reckless endangerment, he had a firearm point at Rittenhouse

Old 11-09-2021, 09:19 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The first night Kyle was arrested, there should have been large groups of armed citizens coming down to the jail, demanding he be released (or else there will be trouble),.
That's your vision of America? Armed mobs threatening police and interfering in their pursuit of justice? Scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies