Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 01:12 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,659,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How can people so smug and superior be so stupid? They really believe this. It’s not like they are pushing this narrative and realize it’s just a narrative. They actually believe this nonsense.
Scary ain't it. Because they want things to be what their opinions are they convince themselves it's so. No matter how plumb out there past a deep seat and a faraway look the critter gets. If the jury does convict him on the charges the prosecution is seeking because of BLMs threats I'm going to follow up on my plan to sell everything I own buy an ornery mule packed with provisions a Hawken rifle buckskins and a three legged dog and heading for the mountains. Far away. All hope will be lost.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:19 PM

19,734 posts, read 10,164,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Scary ain't it. Because they want things to be what their opinions are they convince themselves it's so. No matter how plumb out there past a deep seat and a faraway look the critter gets. If the jury does convict him on the charges the prosecution is seeking because of BLMs threats I'm going to follow up on my plan to sell everything I own buy an ornery mule packed with provisions a Hawken rifle buckskins and a three legged dog and heading for the mountains. Far away. All hope will be lost.
We would need to take this country back.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:20 PM

6,740 posts, read 3,015,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Jury wants to see the videos again, probably not a good sign for Kyle. But the way things are going I'm not sure they'll reach a verdict either way. Judge is probably waiting to see if the jury reaches a decision before ruling on the motion to dismiss.
Well,...it may just be to try to convince that 1 or 2 other jury members to agree to a consensus.

If by not a good sign , you mean, they just can't come to an agreement and they'll have to hang it then yeah.

I don't know where the number came from that was floating around here but it was like 10-11 in favor of not guilty and 1-2 not. I get that it may just be internet rumor though.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:21 PM

13,362 posts, read 7,385,078 times
Quote:
Sounds overblown to me judge hasn't said a word about anyone on the Jury being threated. If the jury convicts it's based on the evidence has nothing to do with politics.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:21 PM

10,945 posts, read 4,610,728 times
Quote:

ok jeremiah...just dont cross indian burial land....it causes problems.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:22 PM

10,945 posts, read 4,610,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Sounds overblown to me judge hasn't said a word about anyone on the Jury being threated.

judge is being threatened too..openly and the DOJ is not moving, nor the state DOJ.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,705 posts, read 18,057,688 times
Does anyone know what the video shows specifically that you can’t see on the defense copy?

Old 11-17-2021, 01:25 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,097,859 times
I ever said it would change any law.
I said it would set precedence.
Setting precedence is not changing a law.
It is defining interpretation.

I am not one of “you guys” I tend to stay independent.
I never mentioned how hard or easy it was to win a self defense trial.

When some one is getting beaten or having a weapon pointed at their head with threats you should have the right to defend yourself without a multi million dollar legal fee and not have the President of the United States call you slanderous terms.
I just want a non partisan prosecution of any law and not have your rights silenced due to the opposition stacking you with unobtainable legal fees.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:27 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,974,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Does anyone know what the video shows specifically that you can’t see on the defense copy?
Do you think that prosecution withholding evidence from the defense is acceptable?

Old 11-17-2021, 01:28 PM

6,740 posts, read 3,015,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I believe that video in question, the prosecution is using it to try to convince the Jury that Kyle provoked the initial confrontation with Rosenbaum.

Specifically pointing to a moment where , they argue, Rittenhouse lifts his weapon up and aims it at Rosenbaum.

Defense says the video is just too dark and blurry.

The current debate is that The prosecution had a clearer copy, which is contested too as being manipulated knowingly or unknowingly, but when they send it to the Defense it ended up even more blurry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.