Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 03:00 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,658,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
How the hell does he know their intent? ...
Pretty obvious, from what they were screaming at him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
That is the question I have been asking - what was Kyles intent?
Pretty obvious from his actions. He acted to stop an arson,
and was attacked for it, his intent was to stop the attack.

I am impressed with his level headedness and self control.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:16 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
It’s interesting that most polls on CD show a majority are Republicans which makes sense that these same people think the Kenosha killer should get off. Both him and the cop that shot Blake 7x’s belong in prison.
Yet the vast majority of threads & posts are anti-President Trump / Republican. That tells us that there are only a hand-full of pro-demolibs on here who do most of that specific type of thread creation & response.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Anybody who travels across state lines with an assault rifle to insert themselves into a riot zone is a self-appointed vigilante by definition. Kyle R. was a vigilante, full stop, period.

I've seen the video. It's not 100% clear that at the moment that KR pulled the trigger he was in immediate danger. There was chaos, people running after him, but at the moment he pulled the trigger it is simply not 100% clear it was self-defense.
There's been discussion that the kid didn't come across state lines with a weapon. At some point after he arrived is when he got it.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:24 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yea, sure, yours too. Oh, wait, you don't even have an opinion, you just show up and behave like a little poodle who gnaws on people ankles.

I form opinions on facts. Babbling logical fallacies like a school boy with yellow fluid dripping down one's pant leg is not going to attract a good deal of approbation.

You do not have the nuance to understand that one making a citizen arrest can be misunderstood to be an attacker.

Do you even research Wisconsin law and the criteria rather than just babble ?

https://www.johnsflaherty.com/blog/h...ts-best-not-to

In addition to safety concerns, you also face legal risks when making a citizen’s arrest. The Fourth Amendments restricts unreasonable searches and seizures, and you could be prosecuted for depriving someone of their constitutional rights. You could also face a civil lawsuit for false imprisonment, assault or battery.
To make a plausible citizens arrest I would suggest not issuing threats of violence , nor would anyone with that intent stop him given he was running towards the police, not away from them.

Oh the irony as well. I suppose they really believed in finding interesting ways to arrest armed people. Unfortunately they proved why the police are not apt to find novel ways to neutralize armed men or potentially armed men violently resisting arrest. They failed the first try , let alone hundreds of them.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Anybody who travels across state lines with an assault rifle to insert themselves into a riot zone is a self-appointed vigilante by definition. Kyle R. was a vigilante, full stop, period.

I've seen the video. It's not 100% clear that at the moment that KR pulled the trigger he was in immediate danger. There was chaos, people running after him, but at the moment he pulled the trigger it is simply not 100% clear it was self-defense.
You didn't see the guy with the skateboard throwing it at him and then lunging down onto him? You didn't see the guy whip out the handgun and proceed to point it at the kid when he then took the bullet to the bicep?

And did you notice that right after the kid punched those two attacker's ticket's the swarm of attackers was reduced to a heard of retreating elbows and asouls?

Last edited by FC76-81; 09-01-2020 at 03:36 PM..

Old 09-01-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:

Babbling nonfactual nonsense, again.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:26 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:

It is entirely clear that he was in danger from Rosenbaum. He was being chased by someone who had already tried to incite violence, had something thrown at him, and there was gunfire behind him. It takes a massive case of cognitive dissonance to not see the situation as dangerous.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I might agree with you on this if Kyle had violated some law by crossing state lines as many here are trying to argue. But he didn't.

Not from a legal standpoint, but from a moral one. They can use borders against the right, when it is that they don't. Unfortunately for them they outed themselves with Chaz.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:33 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What is your basis for considering him guilty of manslaughter?
It would have to be 3rd-degree murder or nothing. And I would bet my house they will never get a jury to agree to a 3rd-degree murder charge. It was clearly self-defense. But the government will put on a show for a while until most people forget about it.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:47 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
[snip]Kyle claims he was defending parked cars (which didn't even belong to him), and he killed a person in process of doing that. [snip]
No, no, no. Let's not oversimplify to absurdity. He was defending himself first from Rosenbaum and then the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies