Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 01:46 PM

6,753 posts, read 3,023,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Thank you. Have you seen the videos side by side? It’s curious, whether it’s intentional or not. The link being renamed sounds intentional. But if it’s damning to the prosecution you’d think they’d have reduced their own file size too so no one gets to see it. If it is intentional withholding.
I have seen both just from the live feed. The Prosecution's is much clearer, but not sure if that's after they've had their tech guys mess with it.

But to be honest, even though it appears clearer, you still need to zoom in an obscene amount to view Rittenhouse at the moment they are referring to. And resolution just falls apart into a grey mess.

If they are to adhere to "beyond a shadow of a doubt", then there is no way I would feel comfortable saying I am 100% sure that blown up segment tells me anything.

That said,...I can't also say it was intentional. These suit and tie people simply don't know how to handle the media and this kind of stuff is indicative of that. Prosecution could well have send the video in good faith, not realizing it would get compressed by the time the Defense opens it.

The file name is suspect, but still can be explained by just not understanding the tech. If a file name is too long, like the original drone footage naming system, some software may not like it and cut it off, or use a default name.

Again,..these people, both sides, are just not savy enough to even look for those errors. Taking it for granted.

Either way,...

it is apparent they both are playing the legal game now of he said she said technicalities to work in their favor.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:47 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,398,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Indeed. I was merely being ...poetic. Such as it was. The threat of civil unrest of a more two sided confrontational make up has been dogging our tracks for quite some time now. Last Summers riots and mayhem did not see much in the way of organized and motivated opposition. I reiterate what I said in an earlier post that I don't feel much like it. I was just starting to actually enjoy my untimely retirement and have a little fun. Then Covid, leftist terrorist riots and violence and Biden happened. (sigh) go figure.

And now leftist terrorists are threatening further violence to impress on poor country folk like me that resistance is futile. The Red Star of the Solar Federation has assumed control. It is a mess indeed. I didn't thin kthat the ititator on this particular keg of powder was going to be this trial. But it does seem as if that is what will happen, one way or another.
Nice 2112 ref!

Old 11-17-2021, 01:48 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,976,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I have seen both just from the live feed. The Prosecution's is much clearer, but not sure if that's after they've had their tech guys mess with it.

But to be honest, even though it appears clearer, you still need to zoom in an obscene amount to view Rittenhouse at the moment they are referring to. And resolution just falls apart into a grey mess.

If they are to adhere to "beyond a shadow of a doubt", then there is no way I would feel comfortable saying I am 100% sure that blown up segment tells me anything.

That said,...I can't also say it was intentional. These suit and tie people simply don't know how to handle the media and this kind of stuff is indicative of that. Prosecution could well have send the video in good faith, not realizing it would get compressed by the time the Defense opens it.

The file name is suspect, but still can be explained by just not understanding the tech. If a file name is too long, like the original drone footage naming system, some software may not like it and cut it off, or use a default name.

Again,..these people, both sides, are just not savy enough to even look for those errors. Taking it for granted.

Either way,...

it is apparent they both are playing the legal game now of he said she said technicalities to work in their favor.
Was any other file misnamed and compressed, given separately from every other file?

Sorry, not buying it.

They should know how to hand off video files. This isn't 1995.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:51 PM

6,753 posts, read 3,023,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Was any other file misnamed and compressed, given separately from every other file?

Sorry, not buying it.

They should know how to hand off video files. This isn't 1995.
If I remember correctly, that other evidence was send via DropBox,..which actually retains the integrity of the file to all intents and purposes.

This one, for one lazy reason or another, was send in an email of all things.

using AOL Online

Old 11-17-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
If I remember correctly, that other evidence was send via DropBox,..which actually retains the integrity of the file to all intents and purposes.

This one, for one lazy reason or another, was send in an email of all things.

using AOL Online
Exactly.

So they know that video files need to be handled correctly.

Kinda like you don't tear up paper files, or do cross out with black marker on them. Or photocopy them on a crap printer so they are all blurry.

The technology doesn't matter. What matters is that the prosecution did not supply the defense with the same evidence that they had access to.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:55 PM

1,721 posts, read 814,526 times
You get these big cases and the prosecution is under an intense amount of pressure to win anyway possible. Very similar to the way Zimmerman's case was prosecuted, shady act after shady act.

Old 11-17-2021, 02:03 PM

21,494 posts, read 10,613,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Would you really want to spew lies and hate every day?
No, but for millions of dollars I could do it. Everyone has a price, and I’m tired of being poor.

Old 11-17-2021, 02:05 PM

13,382 posts, read 7,394,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I ever said it would change any law.
I said it would set precedence.
Setting precedence is not changing a law.
It is defining interpretation.

I am not one of “you guys” I tend to stay independent.
I never mentioned how hard or easy it was to win a self defense trial.

When some one is getting beaten or having a weapon pointed at their head with threats you should have the right to defend yourself without a multi million dollar legal fee and not have the President of the United States call you slanderous terms.
I just want a non partisan prosecution of any law and not have your rights silenced due to the opposition stacking you with unobtainable legal fees.
You are mistaken how American justice works in this country this is why so many take plea deals because jury trials are risky. It won't change any Precedence either because it's always been this way self defense is subjective and a gray area because what you think is self defense the jury may not.

There is no such thing as a Non-partisan jury and even worse with the Jury not being sequestered. The only way to be 100% sure never end up like Rittenhouse is don't put yourself in a position to shoot someone in self defense.

Old 11-17-2021, 02:07 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,146,332 times
The young man is a patriot. He defended himself. Hopefully the prosecution has not confused the jury. Sounds like he may have.

Old 11-17-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
You are mistaken how American justice works in this country this is why so many take plea deals because jury trials are risky. It won't change any Precedence either because it's always been this way self defense is subjective and a gray area because what you think is self defense the jury may not.

There is no such thing as a Non-partisan jury and even worse with the Jury not being sequestered. The only way to be 100% sure never end up like Rittenhouse is don't put yourself in a position to shoot someone in self defense.
I guess you should just arm yourself with a skateboard instead since skateboards aren't considered weapons, and if you kill someone with one, it won't be considered self defense. Just a play date that went oopsie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies