Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 08:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
Well, the prospect of lifetime zero interest rates scares me as I get closer to retirement age with very few places to earn ROI besides the russian roulette stock market.
Your comment to me was money not being the most important !!!

Now you're scared about retirement !!! Why ? Money !!! Then whine about the constitution !!! The constitution isn't legal tender and you won't squeeze a dime out of it !!!

Retirement is not for everybody and maybe its not for you !!!
The worst plan I ever heard of was counting on what a politician might do !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 08:44 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Nancy is at it again, giving money away...
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ats-heroes-act

Old 08-29-2020, 09:51 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Biden's proposed universal (indoors and outdoors) mask mandate is unconstitutional. Even local and state governments know that and "recommend" masks be worn but cannot require it. Privately-owned businesses can require masks be worn on their premises just like they can require a dress code (think fine dining establishments) for service.

Biden's pledge to nominate a Black woman to SCOTUS is unconstitutional race and sex discrimination.

As for Biden's pledge to expand federal taxpayer-funded health care and education, both are unconstitutional and shouldn't even exist to begin with since they're not a Constitutionally enumerated power of the Fed Gov (they're both powers of each state). Reference the Constitution's Article 1 Section 8 and the 10th Amendment.

There are many more. Start researching.
Trump is funneling our money into his own pocket, has the most nepotism in presidential history, and has an administration with more criminal indictments than any other president in history. You're worried about wearing a mask?

Old 08-29-2020, 09:53 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Trump is funneling our money into his own pocket, has the most nepotism in presidential history, and has an administration with more criminal indictments than any other president in history. You're worried about wearing a mask?
Absolutely not even close to being true, where do you come up with such nonsense..? Turn off CNN and learn the truth..

Old 08-29-2020, 10:24 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Absolutely not even close to being true, where do you come up with such nonsense..? Turn off CNN and learn the truth..
...that the Trump administration has more criminal indictments than any other presidential administration is a point of fact. Trump has family members on government payroll. Are you claiming that's not the case?

Old 08-29-2020, 10:54 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,425 times
Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...183544480.html

How many believe that corporate tax cuts are passed down to employees through wages or other benefits? The company that I worked for put in an extra $1,500 into 401K in the first year, but nothing else after that. I still say that many american voters don't really care for tax cuts for even those who make over $100k, whom many consider to be "rich".
A drop in the bucket for them considering how much they made off. That's why they love tax cuts. Many companies won't even do what yours did. They just keep it all. Some will even lay off workers to maximize those profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They hoard it? You mean their wealth doesn't provide the capital investments in America's corporations thereby providing jobs to so many people and providing the ability of corporations to produce life-necessity goods and services? They just hoard it all under their mattresses and don't put it to work for the benefit of everyone else?

That's news to me.
Yes. They do. They don't become a billionaire by spending every cent you earn on yachts, cars, jewelry, etc.

Old 08-30-2020, 05:16 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Actually, Trump is donating his salary to various causes. Why didn't Obama or Biden do that?

Old 08-30-2020, 05:31 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Yes. They do. They don't become a billionaire by spending every cent you earn on yachts, cars, jewelry, etc.
First, that's not hoarding, that's spending back into the economy. Secondly, that spending supports the manufacturing and selling companies and their employees.

Cautionary tale for you on what happened when a luxury tax was implemented on yachts, jewelry, private jets, etc., in the 1990s. Unintended Consequences. The rich simply stopped buying them. It cost the government more in unemployment and public assistance benefits than it generated in tax revenue, and destroyed entire industries:

How to sink entire industries and NOT soak the rich - Washington Post

Furthermore, like I said, their wealth*provides the capital investments in America's corporations thereby providing jobs to so many people and providing the ability of corporations to produce life-necessity goods and services*for the benefit of everyone else.

Old 08-30-2020, 05:41 AM

1,485 posts, read 955,301 times
Quote:
Money is not always the most important thing in life, you know. It's important that this country should live by the rights, liberties and responsibilities of the Constitution. The Constitution might as well be a shreaded-up piece of old paper if trump is re-elected.
You haven’t been keeping up have ya? The dems are the ones that want to shred our constitution along with its amendments. If dems are allowed to have power rioters will be absolutely free to break those encased documents and actually shred them.

Old 08-30-2020, 06:05 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...183544480.html

How many believe that corporate tax cuts are passed down to employees through wages or other benefits? The company that I worked for put in an extra $1,500 into 401K in the first year, but nothing else after that. I still say that many american voters don't really care for tax cuts for even those who make over $100k, whom many consider to be "rich".
"risky", it is a total disaster.

"I still say that many american voters don't really care for tax cut" Yet I don't know a SINGLE one who mailed in the amount of the cut they got BACK to Uncle Sam. did YOU?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies