Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 11:50 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
...that the Trump administration has more criminal indictments than any other presidential administration is a point of fact. Trump has family members on government payroll. Are you claiming that's not the case?
So you are saying that, unlike the obama administration who turned a blind eye to the corruption throughout his administration. including the most corrupt of them all, obama himself, that the bad apples in the Trump administration were weeded out. That would be a good thing. when they finally put obama in jail, then justice will truly be served. He was the most incompetent and corrupt president in the history of the country.

Trump has family members on the payroll. yes, wonderfully educated and competent people doing a great job of helping MAGA, be thankful we have good people working in the WH.
Sleepy Joe Biden, the demented pedophile didn't have his kid on the payroll, he had his drug addled, drop out kid involved in his scheme of corruption, making $80k a month working in a foreign country where he has zero knowledge of the industry he was involved in, and didn't even speak the language, he slept through the meeting he did attend.

Vote for Biden of vote for America. You can either help save America or you can be part of the problem. Then you can explain to your grand kids why and how America became a communist country...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 12:02 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
I'm talking about when I get to the actual retirement age. I don't want to play the market then when I'm living off my savings/investments and don't like less than 1% interest on my money. I read an article that said that Zero interest rates would be "permanent". The previous generations had it so easy with 5-10% money market rates. If their home was paid off, they could easily live off of the interest. Easy Street.
well, you personally not liking less than 1% interest on cash accounts has little to do with it. It's a very long discussion of "why" the deposit rates are what they are, and how it relates to inflation and monetary policy (the "economy" can borrow from depositors or from the Central Bank).

you could invest in blue chips with dividends. Unum is an example paying 6% right now

Old 08-30-2020, 12:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Trump is funneling our money into his own pocket, has the most nepotism in presidential history, and has an administration with more criminal indictments than any other president in history. You're worried about wearing a mask?
The right only cares about it when it is a democrat. They ranted and raved up and down about Uranium-1 but there is no proof of it. Trump has used the White House to continue to enrich his companies and they barely blink their eyes. It is clear who is biased and who isn't.

As for mask mandates, where exactly in the Constitution is it illegal? I am not asking you Lekrii but rather anyone brave or fool enough to answer. I am pretty sure we would have seen a constitutioal lawsuit of them even on a state level already but we have not.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:52 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Money is not always the most important thing in life, you know. It's important that this country should live by the rights, liberties and responsibilities of the Constitution. The Constitution might as well be a shreaded-up piece of old paper if trump is re-elected.
True, money is not the most important thing in life but without you don't eat, have shelter, clean running water, sanitation, a cell phine, internet connection.......I'm sure you get it.

That said, have you read the US Constitution?

If so, do you understand it and how this country has functioned for better than two centuries?

Old 08-30-2020, 03:50 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, Trump is donating his salary to various causes. Why didn't Obama or Biden do that?
So to be clear, Trump is funneling millions of dollars to his family, and you think that's justified because he donates a portion of a $400k salary? That's a token gesture, at best. If he took his office seriously, he would have sold all private family business holdings that stood any chance of making money from his presidency before taking office, instead of funneling government money into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
So you are saying that, unlike the obama administration who turned a blind eye to the corruption throughout his administration. including the most corrupt of them all, obama himself, that the bad apples in the Trump administration were weeded out. That would be a good thing. when they finally put obama in jail, then justice will truly be served. He was the most incompetent and corrupt president in the history of the country.

Trump has family members on the payroll. yes, wonderfully educated and competent people doing a great job of helping MAGA, be thankful we have good people working in the WH.
Sleepy Joe Biden, the demented pedophile didn't have his kid on the payroll, he had his drug addled, drop out kid involved in his scheme of corruption, making $80k a month working in a foreign country where he has zero knowledge of the industry he was involved in, and didn't even speak the language, he slept through the meeting he did attend.

Vote for Biden of vote for America. You can either help save America or you can be part of the problem. Then you can explain to your grand kids why and how America became a communist country...
I'm glad you brought up Obama. The executive branch under Obama's administration had zero criminal indictments. Trump has more than Nixon so far. What specific facts lead you to believe the Obama administration was corrupt? We can also talk about kids. Biden's kid was in the military while Trump's kid was defrauding a charity for children with cancer.

Factually speaking, Trump's executive office has more criminal indictments than any other president in US history.

Last edited by Lekrii; 08-30-2020 at 04:01 PM..

Old 08-30-2020, 07:37 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
So to be clear, Trump is funneling millions of dollars to his family, and you think that's justified because he donates a portion of a $400k salary? That's a token gesture, at best. If he took his office seriously, he would have sold all private family business holdings that stood any chance of making money from his presidency before taking office, instead of funneling government money into them.

I'm glad you brought up Obama. The executive branch under Obama's administration had zero criminal indictments. Trump has more than Nixon so far. What specific facts lead you to believe the Obama administration was corrupt? We can also talk about kids. Biden's kid was in the military while Trump's kid was defrauding a charity for children with cancer.

Factually speaking, Trump's executive office has more criminal indictments than any other president in US history.
Can you provide one example that Trump funneled money to his family?

If that were remotely true, the House Democrats would have file another impeachment.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:58 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Can you provide one example that Trump funneled money to his family?

If that were remotely true, the House Democrats would have file another impeachment.
Trump regularly stays at his own resorts. Trump International Hotel in DC is leased from the US government. Trump encourages US contracts with his family's businesses on a regular basis. He has promoted his resorts to foreign leaders, including the Irish Prime Minister, President of France. He suggested to the German Chancellor that the G-7 be held at one of his own resorts. He's a salesman at heart, and that hasn't slowed down since he became president.

He isn't donating any money to his 2020 campaign, but is still charging his private businesses campaign expenses. So far he's taken a few million dollars from campaign donations into his private businesses. He's fleecing his supporters, not following through on promises and taking what money from them he can.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:01 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...183544480.html

How many believe that corporate tax cuts are passed down to employees through wages or other benefits? The company that I worked for put in an extra $1,500 into 401K in the first year, but nothing else after that. I still say that many american voters don't really care for tax cuts for even those who make over $100k, whom many consider to be "rich".
Which one ? This one or the just plain raising the taxes for everyone ? Well, everyone that pays them.

How else is he going to fund the close to a billion to Central America, and "free" two years of community college or trade school for everyone ?

Old 08-31-2020, 05:21 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
He's funneling money to them? If so, why doesn't Pelosi do something about that? The House has the purse strings.

And you didn't answer the question. Trump donates his salary. Why didn't Obama and Biden do the same?

Old 08-31-2020, 05:31 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
I've never, since RR,, seen any tax cut that was not popular. And I have seen many tax increases that were not popular. Tax increases often are promised to be targeted for something like schools, yet the money seems to end up getting spent elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies