Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 03:30 PM

826 posts, read 245,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
You should not promote pure RACISM with such remarks. To say Dems do not want Corporate investment in the inner cities is REDICULOUS and major cities have been giving TAX BREAKS and loosing taxes to gain the trickle they get or keep. Also getting retail back was another big hurdle that is hurt now.

To maintain it another round of tax breaks and city government aid for looted stores including the Big Box ones many will have to do to keep retail.

Reagan did want Enterprise Zones for inner-cities waaay back. It FAILED in CONGRESS as neither side embraced it fully enough.
**** President Ronald Reagan pushed for enterprise zones in the early 1980's to bring jobs and hope to inner cities. But Congress has failed to agree with the Reagan or Bush Administrations on setting up such a program. States took it upon themselves to create their own zones, partly to qualify for Federal benefits that never came.

More on Enterprise Zones from a 2014 link....

Enterprise Zones; A BIPARTISEN FAILURE.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/enter...110000052.html

Tax Breaks are still part of Big Government that keep on giving and after the giving breaks period is over..... the threat of just leaving again as they did to suburbs and China and now Sunbelt for decades is then a FEAR.

To say as if ONLY BLACKS released from Prison early or should never have been there is a odd phrasing it? Not enough prisons and in for posession of even marijuana has been being addressed as legalized weed occurs and those in prison for weed having their sentence ended in some states Weed was made legal. Somewhat freeing space. Still we lack all the Prison space for ALL you want to keep locked up.

To claim primarily Blacks as your point alone.... is where a Racist card is clearly being pulled.
Don't know where you found anything racist in that post other than bringing up the racist bill that racist Biden wrote that Trump had to do away with. The racist Biden bill disproportionately put minorities in prison for silly nothing crimes and put them there for way too long. Trump freed them. Opportunity zones are not just about handing money out. It's about creating a working public/private sector relationship. Whereas Democrats just want to hand out other people's money, opportunity zones creates real change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 03:32 PM

826 posts, read 245,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
4 months ago I called this race a toss up.

2 months ago I was pretty much resigned to Biden winning.

Enter "protests" that weren't protests at all. They were a Marxist uprising under the guuise of "racial justice", and the democrats did the impossible: they didn't condemn anything nor did they do anything to stop them. In other words, they supported them. So now the tide has turned, and I can predict a Trump win. Thanks dems!
All the Democrats had to do to take the election was to not let their hoodlums (white & otherwise) run wild in the streets. They couldn't even manage that. Democrats really know how to snatch defeat from victory.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:59 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
All the Democrats had to do to take the election was to not let their hoodlums (white & otherwise) run wild in the streets. They couldn't even manage that. Democrats really know how to snatch defeat from victory.

W/O riots, Biden likely would have a far easier path ahead. Not sure he'd win w/o riots, but yes riots have hurt DNC, beyond just Biden, badly.

Suburban folks want safety (even if they tell you they are "woke"). Its part of the allure of the suburbs. The rioting has gotten too close for comfort.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:04 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I predicted Trump's win in 2016 (my friends and relatives were shocked, I wasn't). I cringe to say this, but I believe Trump will win 2020. I still plan on voting (for Biden), but he will not win. The enthusiasm just is not there, like it is with Trump's base.

Biden needs to come out the basement and start talking about JOBS JOBS JOBS! He needs to talk about healthcare, too, but millions will lose theirs if Trump wins.
Heck, that’s the problem. He is riding the COVID bus all the way down, which is opposite of jobs.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:06 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
W/O riots, Biden likely would have a far easier path ahead. Not sure he'd win w/o riots, but yes riots have hurt DNC, beyond just Biden, badly.

Suburban folks want safety (even if they tell you they are "woke"). Its part of the allure of the suburbs. The rioting has gotten too close for comfort.
It’s not just suburbia that want safety, so do the majority of urban folks. Who wants to live in unsafe communities? No one.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:10 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Biden & the DNC lost this election in the last 2 weeks. If anyone needs a breakdown or explatation of why...have no grasp of human nature or politics.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:18 PM

518 posts, read 402,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
In 2016, there were several people who actually did correctly predict - more than a few days in advance - that Donald Trump was going to beat Hillary Clinton. One of those was Michael Moore, an extreme far-left documentary film maker.

Mr. Moore has come out on his Facebook page to announce that it is getting ready to happen again:

But the "experts" are all saying that Joe Biden is winning and is sure to win! Deja vu anyone?

According to Michael Moore, '“enthusiasm for Trump is off the charts” in key areas compared with the Democratic party nominee, Joe Biden'. That is correct. Almost nobody has any enthusiasm for Joe Biden.

Bill Maher is offering similar observations, which I will post on below.
For Trump to win a second time at this point requires a miracle...he would have to win the college and lose the popular vote for a second time....not gonna happen...no incumbent president has been this far behind on re-election.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
It’s not just suburbia that want safety, so do the majority of urban folks. Who wants to live in unsafe communities? No one.
I do NOT feel sorry for urban voters. they voted in the nitwit lefties who insured they will NOT be safe.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Biden & the DNC lost this election in the last 2 weeks. If anyone needs a breakdown or explatation of why...have no grasp of human nature or politics.
If Biden is unable to stop the trend in swing states, you are correct. I would not be surprised if Trump ends up widening his margins in key swing states.

Closers are difficult to stop.

Trafalgar which was the only poll to hit the Rust belt in 2016 sees the same outcome in 2020.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:55 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
If Biden is unable to stop the trend in swing states, you are correct. I would not be surprised if Trump ends up widening his margins in key swing states.

Closers are difficult to stop.

Trafalgar which was the only poll to hit the Rust belt in 2016 sees the same outcome in 2020.
Democracy Institute (DI) just came out this weekend with excellent results for Trump. This poll, like Trafalgar, was spot-on in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies