Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 11:20 AM

1,803 posts, read 937,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
so many people are elected on personality, that if those kind of voters are looking for personality, they will not be encouraged to vote Biden because Biden is boring and his campaign is boring. especially if Biden is perceived to be not going in person to meet voters, (in fact, they will feel like he dissed them), they wont vote for him, because Biden did not care enough to go out to the voters in person.

hiding in the closet like Biden is doing sends out vibes that he is hidden, he is like a burrowing animal, all these are sending out vibes that Biden is unattractive. that's why Trump's rallys generate so much energy when he had them in the past. Biden sends out low energy and no one is attracted to that.
Politically, if one is totally against and demonizing to the opposing Party and base with NO ability to see past a Pandemic effect and this current Racial Strife? We lose our sense of Nation and Unity in the end despite differences. " A Nation Divided among itself will Fail". This is found from the Bible to the USA Founding Fathers and numerous Presidential famous Speeches.

If Biden was all over out and about doing money raising functions to Townhalls and other very social forums..... he would be called a total HYPOCRITE by many of you to cry Pandemic and do that then.

It is reasonable to note that if this was not a Pandemic era..... there would be much more among their base functions.

As for the comments of Micheal Moore and Bill Maher. I thought also of creating a similar thread myself. But things happened to stop me from creating a thread again in the Politics forum.

Still the point they make I BELIEVE. Their is a STAUCH stand I see in RED COUNTRY of my state of PA where so much between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are labeled though the decade Politically as "Pennsyltucky and Alabama between these cities because of how RED it is. I LIVE IN THIS STAUNCH GOP RED COUNTRY.....

I have never seen so many TRUMP SIGNS on lawns between all the small cities all around me. Most of the older cities have few, one though I drove though yesterday was FULL of TRUMP signs and the Homes all along highway corridors between the small cities.

I found the nicer and wealthier the home spoke..... the most likely to see a Trump sign. Sucessful people who fear taxation to racial issues whether some forms of bigotry or just lower poorer more seen as people wanting it all for nothing vs working for it is a HUGE REASON the TEAM TRUMP IS NOT SWAYING by the BASE....

This Base WILL GET OUT TO VOTE. So this election WILL COME DOWN to which base GETS OUT AND ACTUALLY CAST VOTES. NOT just those who say they would or will vote for one or the other. THEY MUST VOTE or it is meaningless and IT MUST GET COUNTED.

So these two men are WISE to see that the TRUMP BASE IS FAR FAR MORE UNWAVERING as seeing TRUMP AS A SAVIOR TO THE AMERICA THEY WANT TO RULE and NOT BECOME A MINORITY RACE even that is LITERALLY FEARED .... Also our Electoral College still will play a key role. It WAS THE KEY ROLE in a few elections as the last one and a Bush one. Some still deny Hilary actually -- won by popular vote, but lost by Electoral College vote. That is HOW IMPORTANT the ELECTORAL COLLEGE is and KEY STATES.

Last edited by NoHyping; 08-30-2020 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 11:25 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Trump won't win without Russia's help. That's how he won in 2016. I read somewhere that in one of their phone calls Putin complained to Trump, "Shut down the g**damn post offices. We can't hack mail-in ballots." Then DeJoy appeared.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:27 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Trump won't win without Russia's help. That's how he won in 2016. I read somewhere that in one of their phone calls Putin complained to Trump, "Shut down the g**damn post offices. We can't hack mail-in ballots." Then DeJoy appeared.
CIA is already reporting Russia is doing it again. Trump dismissed it.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:28 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Sometimes I wonder why Bill Maher stays with the left. He is the guy who had a show about political incorrectness, once upon a time. He is for free speech, and more like a libertarian than a leftist. Or a liberal of 30 years ago, but not today's liberal.

But I think both Moore and Maher have a better sense of things than the DNC. If they want to win the election, they need to distance themselves from the woke left and BLM, and make a real play for the center and independents. But after a summer of violent riots, the damage might already be done.
What the left really needs to do is quit talking about Trump and start addressing the concerns of ordinary people.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:36 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
CIA is already reporting Russia is doing it again. Trump dismissed it.
Bwahaha! Are you guys so bereft of intellectual ammo that you cannot come up anything better than to return to the dry well of the Russian conspiracy hoax, yet again?

If so, you are even more desperate than I thought.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:58 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Bwahaha! Are you guys so bereft of intellectual ammo that you cannot come up anything better than to return to the dry well of the Russian conspiracy hoax, yet again?

Come back to earth. You've been in orbit too long.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:00 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

You know much about intelligent conversation?

That’s new.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:04 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What the left really needs to do is quit talking about Trump and start addressing the concerns of ordinary people.
Yes!! Why don't they understand this? It seems so obvious.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:06 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Yes!! Why don't they understand this? It seems so obvious.
I don't know, but I wish they would get it. People already know how Trump is and many don't like it. But people want to be assured that their needs and concerns will be addressed. It always boils down to that.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:07 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
Trump, as bad as he is, needs to win. Biden is a terrible choice but Kamala is worse. If Biden get's elected, he will step down within a year and he and Democrats will make a big show of it. It will be about handing off the presidency to a woman of color, part of the new "Step-Down" movement, which encourages White men in power to resign and give their position to a POC.

If Kamala Harris gains power, we will see the a far Left leadership that will drive a wedge deep into the heart of the country. The USA will not survive a Harris presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies