Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 11:45 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Sounds like not a lot of blood is boiling so far.

I've personally been stopped and cuffed by the police twice for crimes I did not commit.

One time was while I was trying to break into my own home in a bad neighborhood. I had locked myself out and someone must've saw me and called it in.
I would have thanked the neighbor for keeping an eye on my home.. even if it was me.. I thank my credit card company when the refuse a large purchase I make and call and let it be known it is me who are making the purchase and thank them for their security on my card.. because two years back they stopped a person from booking a vacation to Virginia on my credit card and was refused.. they called me and asked if it was me and I said no.. they issued me a new number on my credit card. I thanked them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 11:54 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
That all works out fine if you trust cops. I'm a middle aged, middle class, white male, and I don't trust cops.
I do.. you have baggage that will get you in trouble.. why mistrust them? I just recently had the police bang on my door because they caught a guy looking for valuables in my car in the driveway in a good neighborhood. I live in SW Florida . The guy going through my car was from the other coast, Miami to be exact. The police were riding by at 1;OO am in the morning and shined a light on him and he ran leaving his flashlight on the seat.. did not get anything but had a large bag of change and money in the door which he did not get. They brought in a K9 and a police helicopter and many police cars and found him . He had other peoples possessions on him from the neighborhood. So to me , Police are the good guys.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:04 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8q_DZIzIKc

San Antonio PD's Finest.

Listen to the chief copsplain.
"If he would have just submitted to our tyrannical ways"
Can you say huge payday for a jog.

So the police made a mistake in detaining someone who matched the description of another.

You probably think someone should be laid out for making a mistake on a fast food order. There are never mistakes , ever. Nothing but a zombie dreams of a utopia here.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:05 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
That all works out fine if you trust cops. I'm a middle aged, middle class, white male, and I don't trust cops.

I don't trust government either , but someone keeps voting to give them more power.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:20 PM

190 posts, read 75,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Once again, you've proudly put your profound ignorance on display for everyone to enjoy. Please muster the sum total of your meager brain power to assimilate the following:

1) The jogger matched the description of a violent crime suspect.
2) The police did precisely what any rational citizen would expect them to do. They did what we pay them to do

3) The jogger, who, like you, doesn't understand the concept of reasonable suspicion, resisted arrest
4) As expected, it did not end well for said idiot.

Please explain the problem. You do not understand the law. Being the nice guy than I am, I offer you this advice: **** about things you don't understand. Educate yourself.
Are you serious? Just shut up already..

Your out jogging and a cop car pulls up with its lights and siren on. Cops jump out and tell you you fit the description of a suspect and need you to comply to their demands. First thing I’d say is “**** you!”

They are the ones that have to prove it. I wouldn’t get into their car, that’s for sure!

Now, take into consideration all the racial tensions with black people being wrongfully killed by cops, and that explains this situation. How does this guy know that they’re not bad cops trying to hurt him for no reason? People of color are now supposed to trust the police? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

“Scruffy beard”? I don’t see no scruffy beard on the man responsible.

Another case of “idiot police”.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You side with a bunch of police bootlickers, and you expect them to be mad about this? Your Conservative friends don't care about constitutional rights so expecting then to be outraged over that violation is pointless.
Bingo.

Their blood only boils when the cops AREN’T hassling some black dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, the description the cops were working off of was "a black male"?
Yep. And apparently ANY black dude will do if the one they’re actually looking for isn’t available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They probably arrested him for kicking them, not for the original crime they suspected him of.

I don't think you can have people who think they are innocent assaulting police officers every time they come in contact with them. I don't think society would work very well that way.
He didn’t appreciate being handcuffed and thrown in the back of a car. I would’ve been kicking too. I sure as hell ain’t going peacefully when I’ve committed no crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Another use of force brought on by a black male not complying.

I disagree with the Chief, he did have a legal responsibility in Texas to ID, because they had reasonable suspicion to believe he had committed a crime, that was not a terry stop.

This is obviously a black culture that needs to stop. But we won’t address the real problem.
Yep. It’s in our culture to fight back when we’re being bullied unnecessarily. And we’re NEVER gonna change.

I’m jogging down the street as an innocent man and the cops handcuff me and attempt to stuff me in a cop car...and I’m supposed to just comply like a chump?

Ehhhhh...no. Perish the thought. There was no reasonable suspicion. Sorry. He looked nothing like the suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
At what point in the video did the chief say those words you quoted? I didn't hear it.

The fact is, this guy, if he had simply given them his name and NOT ASSAULTED officers, would be free today. He would have gone home that day. This is racebaiting.
He IS free today, and he had every right to defend himself from cops attempting to arrest him unjustifiably. He’s an innocent law abiding citizen.

And the chief said that the man was under no obligation to identify himself.
Quote:
Neither do I. And I trust cops less and less as time goes by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
So the police made a mistake in detaining someone who matched the description of another.

You probably think someone should be laid out for making a mistake on a fast food order. There are never mistakes , ever. Nothing but a zombie dreams of a utopia here.
He didn’t match the description. Look at the photos.

The cops were working with a 2 word description, apparently: black male.

The two men look absolutely nothing alike. They shouldn’t have cuffed an innocent man and tried to stuff him in a car. He had every right to fight back.

Now the city will write him a check. GOOD!

Old 09-02-2020, 12:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjjoclv View Post
The problem is that he was resisting an unlawful arrest. The police had no right to force him into the car. They may have been OK to briefly detain him but arresting him was likely going to far. He will very likely pick up some heavy money for the insult. And the police officers will suffer from the fact there were all sorts of ways to validate the guilt of the guy without hauling him away to jail.
I see you still haven't watched any videos or read an article.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:38 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bingo.

Their blood only boils when the cops AREN’T hassling some black dude.

Yep. And apparently ANY black dude will do if the one they’re actually looking for isn’t available.

He didn’t appreciate being handcuffed and thrown in the back of a car. I would’ve been kicking too. I sure as hell ain’t going peacefully when I’ve committed no crime.

Yep. It’s in our culture to fight back when we’re being bullied unnecessarily. And we’re NEVER gonna change.

I’m jogging down the street as an innocent man and the cops handcuff me and attempt to stuff me in a cop car...and I’m supposed to just comply like a chump?

Ehhhhh...no. Perish the thought. There was no reasonable suspicion. Sorry. He looked nothing like the suspect.

He IS free today, and he had every right to defend himself from cops attempting to arrest him unjustifiably. He’s an innocent law abiding citizen.

And the chief said that the man was under no obligation to identify himself.

Neither do I. And I trust cops less and less as time goes by.

He didn’t match the description. Look at the photos.

The cops were working with a 2 word description, apparently: black male.

The two men look absolutely nothing alike. They shouldn’t have cuffed an innocent man and tried to stuff him in a car. He had every right to fight back.

Now the city will write him a check. GOOD!
^also hasn't read a thing or watched the video.

He's not getting **** for a check from the City.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Not sure what is supposed to be making my blood boil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
It's a misunderstanding. No one got hurt. What's the big deal?
An innocent persons natural and personal rights were violated. While he had every right to resist and no consent given, to be someone else's property.
No big deal.

I pray this happens to you.
What keep me, from making you my property?

Old 09-02-2020, 12:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You side with a bunch of police bootlickers, and you expect them to be mad about this? Your Conservative friends don't care about constitutional rights so expecting then to be outraged over that violation is pointless.
I call a spade a spade, without picking political sides.
Life, Liberty, Property & Good Reputation of myself & others must be respected by all.
It is not beyond me to put bad people in check.
I point it out to their hypocrisy daily.

That is why I will fight for your rights, and call it equally, no matter where you stand politically.
We are all individuals and we do not all think alike. You learning that today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies